Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2018, 10:05 AM

28,736 posts, read 18,978,848 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
The laughs weren't overdone like I felt Thor: Ragnarok was. Even though there were more than I would personally like, it was a comic event in a movie. In comic events, it is common to have that type of humor in them. Ragnarok however was hurt by continuous unnecessary laughs. The laughs here worked when they weren't overdone.
I think Ragnarok came very close to "Not Brand Ecch!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2018, 10:49 AM

8,608 posts, read 5,669,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personone View Post
Personally, I was surprised at the somewhat limited role of Captain America.
Ditto. They could have chopped down some time they gave to Stark and Parker because they get too much as it is. Cap/Nomad just showed up for the fight.

But we did Thor's greatest turn yet. In fact, it was better than his entire trilogy. Maybe the Russos should direct a Thor 4, and Downey can bow out.

Old 05-23-2018, 06:10 PM

3,110 posts, read 2,001,136 times
Quote:
To tie things back to this thread, did you like the portrayal of Thanos in Infinity War as a relatable villain, as far as his motives?
I did. I liked him because he was so much of a threat. Also, I thought that for an alien super villain(where often times in science fiction, aliens have different ways of looking at things), his motives were 'different' from the average villain, which gave this movie a unique premise that other movies in this genre don't have.

Old 05-23-2018, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFtrEFkt View Post
Ditto. They could have chopped down some time they gave to Stark and Parker because they get too much as it is. Cap/Nomad just showed up for the fight.
I actually liked Stark and Parker in this movie... however, I think that what they could have done to give Cap more time in the film was to have chopped down some time that they gave to the GotG characters... Because aye-yi-yi-yi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFtrEFkt View Post
But we did Thor's greatest turn yet. In fact, it was better than his entire trilogy. Maybe the Russos should direct a Thor 4, and Downey can bow out.
Loved the scheme when he came down with his new 'weapon' in Wakanda to help fight the Outriders and those giant, rotating mechanisms(Google couldn't help me with those ). Also, I didn't know that Downey was directing Thor 4.

Old 05-23-2018, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
I think Ragnarok came very close to "Not Brand Ecch!"
Well, at least Mark S. had the good taste to have liked Ragnarok.

Old 05-23-2018, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
The laughs weren't overdone like I felt Thor: Ragnarok was. Even though there were more than I would personally like, it was a comic event in a movie. In comic events, it is common to have that type of humor in them. Ragnarok however was hurt by continuous unnecessary laughs. The laughs here worked when they weren't overdone.
I loved Ragnarok just the way it was. However, I do have to admit that for a lot of people(such as yourself)... the comedy in the movie that they couldn't relate to probably did hurt this movie. Also, even though it is the highest grossing Thor in the Thor franchise right now, it probably could have grossed $400 million domestically and perhaps even $1 billion internationally... Even though the Koreans liked the humor in it.

Old 05-23-2018, 07:11 PM

I also wanted to mention that they brought back Iron Man's triangle-shaped arc reactor that I didn't like and which Joss Whedon couldn't stand and changed in Avengers I... but strangely enough, it didn't bother me in AIW.

But I guess that shows the power of a good movie.

Old 05-23-2018, 07:16 PM

8,608 posts, read 5,669,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by William Taylor View Post
I actually liked Stark and Parker in this movie... however, I think that what they could have done to give Cap more time in the film was to have chopped down some time that they gave to the GotG characters... Because aye-yi-yi-yi!
Definitely. But Dizzknee doesn't want to skimp on the "humor" if they can help it.

Quote:
ILoved the scheme when he came down with his new 'weapon'
Stormbreaker. In the comic, that was the name of the hammer held by Beta Ray Bill aka Thor's direct competition for a spell.

Quote:
Also, I didn't know that Downey was directing Thor 4.
That's not what I meant by bow out.

Old 05-25-2018, 05:57 AM

8,851 posts, read 5,959,416 times
Default $1.85 Billion Globally for Avengers Infinity War

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.for...worldwide/amp/

Old 05-25-2018, 06:44 AM

24,966 posts, read 9,701,825 times
Quote:
Personally, I was surprised at the somewhat limited role of Captain America.
No kidding, hell they hardly gave him any lines or screen time

It’s a damn shame they give Tony Stark so much dialogue in these avengers movies. Yes he’s a funny star but it’s not like his standalone movies were that good, save for the first one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies