Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2018, 07:49 PM

3,110 posts, read 1,995,007 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remington Steel View Post
I know that I will never cook chitlins in my own house because of the smell...and it’s “hard out here for a pimp”....😂😂
Oh, my...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2018, 09:57 PM

I posted this video in the Black Panther thread:

WHY I LOVED BLACK PANTHER! SPOILER FREE REVIEW!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLXDXA0Z5gg

However, if you click on the 1:56 mark, you'll see that the narrator of the video mentions how he loved Infinity War...... Um, okay, but it's only March 27th and the video is dated Feb 16, 2018.

Old 04-04-2018, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by William Taylor View Post
I posted this video in the Black Panther thread:

WHY I LOVED BLACK PANTHER! SPOILER FREE REVIEW!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLXDXA0Z5gg

However, if you click on the 1:56 mark, you'll see that the narrator of the video mentions how he loved Infinity War...... Um, okay, but it's only March 27th and the video is dated Feb 16, 2018.
Hmmm. I hope I don't get this guy arrested for admitting to watching bootleg movies.

Old 04-08-2018, 04:38 PM

545 posts, read 413,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post

In the first IRON MAN movie, Tony started out as a completely self-absorbed a-holius maximus. But at the end of Act 1, he has a personal epiphany, repents, and spends the rest of the movie trying to be a better person and make up for his past sins. It's one reason why that is such a good movie. And it was the movie that launched the Marvel movieverse success story.

And then every movie since then completely ignores that.
Tony is back to being the completely self-absorbed narcissist. His personality has gone back to act 1, scene 1 of his first movie. The snark never shuts off. Not when he is about to die. Not when people he supposedly cares about are about to die. It's endless sarcasm and sardonic "wit." They have turned his character from a morally complex guy trying to do the right thing and better himself into a completely unlikeable twit.
If this is so then how do you explain his behavior in Civil Wars, where he is so affected by the mother of one of the Sakovia victims, that he decides that he ( and the rest of the Avengers) should sign the UN accords?

True, Tony's sense of snark never changes. But I'd argue that he hadn't lost the empathy he gained in the first Iron Man movie.

Old 04-08-2018, 05:44 PM

8,609 posts, read 5,648,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtuba View Post
If this is so then how do you explain his behavior in Civil Wars, where he is so affected by the mother of one of the Sakovia victims, that he decides that he ( and the rest of the Avengers) should sign the UN accords?
That scene was shot roughly a month before the movie came out. They knew they were missing something, and realized it was the catalyst. There was a scene with a similar tone shot for BvS.

Old 04-25-2018, 08:10 AM

24,842 posts, read 9,605,459 times
Tickets have been bought, Thursday night showing, I am ready

Old 04-25-2018, 09:11 AM

22,961 posts, read 28,393,569 times
First review I've seen (very mild spoilers): https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/24/enter...iew/index.html

It is a positive review, though I noted that most of it says the movie succeeds as "spectacle," which doesn't exactly fill me with excitement. If I don't care about the characters involved, no amount of chasing and punching and explosions is going to be very exciting.

And I still think Thanos looks like a teletubby that overdosed on steroids.

Old 04-25-2018, 09:22 AM

28,711 posts, read 18,912,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
First review I've seen (very mild spoilers): https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/24/enter...iew/index.html

It is a positive review, though I noted that most of it says the movie succeeds as "spectacle," which doesn't exactly fill me with excitement. If I don't care about the characters involved, no amount of chasing and punching and explosions is going to be very exciting.

And I still think Thanos looks like a teletubby that overdosed on steroids.
What I've seen consistently in reviews is that this movie is the story of Thanos.

They're depending on the audience already knowing what we need to know about the other characters, so we just see most of them blip in, get a significant line or two, and then blip out again.

One reviewer mentioned that, pointing out that when this was filmed they clearly had no idea the juggernaut Black Panther would become, so he's treated about as significantly as Drax or Falcon. That's going to be a big disappointment to some people I know.

The A-list Avengers will get some more character play and there will be moments of dramatic action for all, but what I hear is that all the character development will be of Thanos...but supposedly it will be worth it. They say it will make Thanos the best Marvel villain ever.

Old 04-25-2018, 11:09 AM

8,609 posts, read 5,648,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
One reviewer mentioned that, pointing out that when this was filmed they clearly had no idea the juggernaut Black Panther would become, so he's treated about as significantly as Drax or Falcon. That's going to be a big disappointment to some people I know.
A team event film shouldn't focus on any one hero. Anyone who thinks the film won't consist of 60-70% action is nuts. The fact that it goes more into Thanos' backstory is a good sign. He may be a rip-off of Darkseid (the GA doesn't know/care), but he's one of the best rips ever. Jim Starlin's one of the best creators in the genre.

Old 04-26-2018, 07:56 PM

2,301 posts, read 1,896,399 times
I’m seeing it tomorrow. Can’t wait.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies