Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2017, 05:49 PM

8,609 posts, read 5,617,720 times

Advertisements

WB's suits are feeling the burn, believe me. That's what they get for attempting to Marvel-ize Zack's movie. TLJ is out today, so it's curtains. Justice League is already out on digital in South Korea on the 19th!

'Sides, it's not like Civil War wasn't too soon. That movie wasn't supposed to be Civil War.

Old 12-14-2017, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Ragnarok tool a great concept and shat the bed with yuk-yuk downgrading the seriousness of a film depicting the end in Norse mythology.
Cannot agree more. Not only that, but they Spam'wiched four different arcs together, so Hela's got shortchanged in no small way. I think Banner-Hulk has more screen time.

Old 12-14-2017, 06:20 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,894,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFtrEFkt View Post
WB's suits are feeling the burn, believe me. That's what they get for attempting to Marvel-ize Zack's movie. TLJ is out today, so it's curtains. Justice League is already out on digital in South Korea on the 19th!

'Sides, it's not like Civil War wasn't too soon. That movie wasn't supposed to be Civil War.
If you are talking Marvel Civil War, yes. Because as I said, there were too many needed parts missing from it whether we are talking Speedball, New Warriors, Wolverine, Captain Marvel, Ben Urich, the Fantastic Four, etc. Some was by Marvel Studios' own choice while others was by happenstance of film rights. Instead it was Captain America's Civil War.

As for Warner, I think they are taking the heat for more than just "Applying the 'Marvel Method' to Snyder's 'masterpiece'," instead it goes back to mistakes that to some date back Batman V. Superman, if not Man of Steel. For me, it was Suicide Squad, but you get the idea. Wonder Woman worked because it was seemingly Marvel, yet it didn't work in Justice league.

Quote:
Cannot agree more. Not only that, but they Spam'wiched four different arcs together, so Hela's got shortchanged in no small way. I think Banner-Hulk has more screen time.
It was. I wouldn't have minded Planet Hulk as a sub-plot nor the use of Surtur, but there was too much laughs in a serious movie. I like comedy but not THAT much. That was far too much in the comedic direction.

Old 12-14-2017, 08:02 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,533,813 times
Quote:

I think it was perfect for how out was Done. Without New Warriors, we wouldn't have Speedball cause it. We wouldn't have Wolverine tracing down the producer of MGH because of Fox (though not the case anymore.) The registration act would have worked if we saw negative comments more often through the series, we did but not to a level to cause this. Spider-Man wasn't established in the MCU until after Capt defended Bucky. Reed Richards would be needed for the Negative Zone prison. Zemo would need to exist to create The Thunderbolts to be Tony's thugs. Basically it needed to happen much much later. Also it would need to be at the least two movies to be done right. Maybe 4 with the tie ins.

Please that was a stupid idea and involved Inhumans. Marvel can't get Inhumans right other than Skye on Agents of Shield into Season 3. Gave up mid-way.

Just the kid playing Spider joke was reason enough to hate the movie. The comic was epic to be sure yes 4 movies at least to cover everything. I am TRYING to get into the Inhumans I'm on the second Ep not sure I want to continue.

Old 12-15-2017, 06:10 AM

22,922 posts, read 28,268,441 times
Quote:
So can we get a good Man-Thing movie or what?
Great character, but the poor guy needs a name change. Every time I hear that, my brain goes ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDqsgbtpDLk

Old 12-15-2017, 06:13 AM

Quote:
It was. I wouldn't have minded Planet Hulk as a sub-plot nor the use of Surtur, but there was too much laughs in a serious movie. I like comedy but not THAT much. That was far too much in the comedic direction.
Wait. AFtrEFkt and mkpunk are agreeing on something.

Old 12-15-2017, 08:17 AM

Legally, this movie can now happen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=JYNDssdsVnM

Old 12-15-2017, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Great character, but the poor guy needs a name change.

No way. In fact, this should be the exact title of the movie. (And this is one of my favorite covers, evarrr!)

Old 12-15-2017, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Wait. AFtrEFkt and mkpunk are agreeing on something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UTA77SyCME

Old 12-15-2017, 10:05 AM

Here you go. These movies will happen.

Annihilation
AvX
Secret Wars
House of M

Marvel stories that could become movies after Disney-Fox deal | EW.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies