Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2017, 03:48 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,979,931 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFtrEFkt View Post
Well, you hated the movie. You know, "ripped off The First Avenger" and all that.
Sorry but Ares was weak and the reveal was out of left field. I didn't like it, nor did I like the whole First Avenger but it is in WW1 vibe of it. And the sad thing is, Gal Gadot actually does Diana well. She wasn't my issue with the movie, it was the script given to Patty to direct.

Old 12-11-2017, 03:57 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,584,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Get two fans together, and you'll have two different opinions.

Just take Wonder Woman, for example. Some wanted the "classic" WW of the '50s. Some wanted a Linda Carter-esque fun wink-at-the-camera WW. Some wanted the more modern take from the comics. To be fair, I don't know that anyone wanted the early '70s powerless WW.

WB didn't poll the fans to see which camp was biggest. They hired a director who understood the character and had a vision for the movie. THAT is how you make a good super hero movie. Don't hire a hack hired gun. Don't hire a director who wants to re-invent the wheel. Hire a filmmaker who loves and understands the character and has a vision for the character, then get the hell out of the way.

I 100% agree but it seems that the fans loved the movie. Yes, the director played a huge part in the movie and the fact that she cared about doing it right truly helped the movie. I seem to remember hearing that some people didn't like it because she wasn't from America.

Old 12-11-2017, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Get two fans together, and you'll have two different opinions.

Just take Wonder Woman, for example. Some wanted the "classic" WW of the '50s. Some wanted a Linda Carter-esque fun wink-at-the-camera WW. Some wanted the more modern take from the comics. To be fair, I don't know that anyone wanted the early '70s powerless WW.

WB didn't poll the fans to see which camp was biggest. They hired a director who understood the character and had a vision for the movie. THAT is how you make a good super hero movie. Don't hire a hack hired gun. Don't hire a director who wants to re-invent the wheel. Hire a filmmaker who loves and understands the character and has a vision for the character, then get the hell out of the way.
My mother wanted the Linda Carter one, she like me didn't like Wonder Woman, but for different reasons...

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
I 100% agree but it seems that the fans loved the movie. Yes, the director played a huge part in the movie and the fact that she cared about doing it right truly helped the movie. I seem to remember hearing that some people didn't like it because she wasn't from America.
Was she in the 1970's show? I only watched one episode and hated it. At least Batman '66 was hokey and enjoyable. Anywho, I think those people also just like to complain about anything in the media (including movies, TV and even video games) that seemingly goes against them and their values...

Old 12-11-2017, 04:49 PM

8,609 posts, read 5,643,694 times
You've never watched Wonder Woman with Lynda Carter, mk? You're missing out on that great '70s cheese.

Yes, Diana was an "American" in that show. I thought everyone knew that. She even worked for the US gov't.

Old 12-11-2017, 05:32 PM

Quote:
You've never watched Wonder Woman with Lynda Carter, mk? You're missing out on that great '70s cheese.

Yes, Diana was an "American" in that show. I thought everyone knew that. She even worked for the US gov't.
I tried, didn't like it. The effects and make-up looked horrid in technicolor. Maybe it was exclusive to The Toymaker episode. I knew Diana worked for the government but I wasn't sure she was American...

Old 12-11-2017, 05:41 PM

Both an American and a transplanted Themysciran.

Old 12-11-2017, 06:18 PM

Updated DC Movie Slate Revealed; Some Major Projects Absent

Quote:
While holding a panel at Comic Con Experience 2017 in Sao Paulo, Brazil, Warner Bros. revealed its upcoming DC Comics-based movies that fans can expect to see; this included films that have been expected for a while, and the absence of several key projects.

A Wonder Woman sequel was the first to be presented with a title card, though it opted to not title itself “Wonder Woman 2,” leading us to believe the film will ultimately be titled something else. A title card for Aquaman soon followed, which makes sense as it’s Warner Bros.’ next DC release.

Other title cards displayed at the convention included Flashpoint, Suicide Squad 2, Shazam, Batgirl, Green Lantern Corps, The Batman, and somewhat surprisingly, Justice League Dark. It’s possible that these movies are those that have been confirmed to be moving ahead at the studio, with it hoping to redeem itself after the critical and financial failure of Justice League.

The slate leaves out movies including Cyborg, Deathstroke, Gotham City Sirens, Harley Quinn, Joker & Harley Quinn, Nightwing, and the Joker origin movie produced by Martin Scorsese. It could just be that these movies are too early in the development period for the studio to commit just yet.

https://www.cbr.com/dceu-updated-mov...FB-P&view=list

––––––

Interesting that Nightwing wasn't on the slate, because Chris McKay just tweeted about it.

Old 12-11-2017, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Updated DC Movie Slate Revealed; Some Major Projects Absent

https://www.cbr.com/dceu-updated-mov...FB-P&view=list

––––––

Interesting that Nightwing wasn't on the slate, because Chris McKay just tweeted about it.
I wont hold my breath until the movies are oh I don't know, actually IN PRODUCTION, before putting weight into a DC slate from Warner Bros. Why, well Warner had several issues of various DC movies in stages of pre-production that went no where... Superman Lives, Batman Unchained/Triumphant, an untitled Robin spin-off, Batman: Year One, Batman Begins, Batman: DarKnight, Superman Flyby, J.J. Abrrams' Batman Vs. Superman, Joss Whedon's Wonder Woman, Justice League Mortal, Green Lantern 2, Man of Steel 2, The Flash, etc. I mentioned the last two from the DCEU slate as those were scrapped as per what was announced. I left the ones that only got a date removed out.

Old 12-12-2017, 04:55 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,584,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Sorry but Ares was weak and the reveal was out of left field. I didn't like it, nor did I like the whole First Avenger but it is in WW1 vibe of it. And the sad thing is, Gal Gadot actually does Diana well. She wasn't my issue with the movie, it was the script given to Patty to direct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post

I liked the script Ares could of a bit more darker of course while I like the actor playing Ares I didn't like him as Ares. It was too simple having Ares as the main villain to be sure. Would of been better to hive him behind the war in the shadows then to come out. They could of saved him for the next WW movie.

Was she in the 1970's show? I only watched one episode and hated it. At least Batman '66 was hokey and enjoyable. Anywho, I think those people also just like to complain about anything in the media (including movies, TV and even video games) that seemingly goes against them and their values...

Yeah it was campy like Batman was but it was the 70's soo lol.

Old 12-12-2017, 02:13 PM

2,323 posts, read 1,570,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeusExMachina78 View Post
This deal would also give them a 33% stake in Hulu. Instead of creating something from the ground up, they may just try and use Hulu somehow.
I read th that Disney already has 30% in. hull so if the deal goes through they'll get that 33% from Fox. They'll just use Hulu since they'll be majority owner and their content will be very impressive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies