Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2021, 01:33 PM

22,953 posts, read 28,365,202 times

Advertisements

This actually doesn't look horrible. Kind of a sequel to SMALLVILLE. And I mean that as a compliment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJPJPUpNvDw

Old 02-08-2021, 02:45 PM

8,609 posts, read 5,640,667 times
https://twitter.com/GraceRandolph/st...73399024640000

Old 02-08-2021, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFtrEFkt View Post

Fingers crossed. Socks up!

Old 02-08-2021, 06:28 PM

Personally, not too into it. I'd rather they resume Swamp Thing. We'll see.

Old 02-09-2021, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Personally, not too into it. I'd rather they resume Swamp Thing. We'll see.
I go into any new show or movie hoping it will be the greatest of all time. I want it to succeed. That said, I'm certainly not the biggest Superman fan in the world.

Swamp Thing started out great. Really loved it. But it soon devolved into a typical CW show. Unless they really re-tooled the show, I could not care less one way or the other what happens to it.

Old 02-09-2021, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Swamp Thing started out great. Really loved it. But it soon devolved into a typical CW show. Unless they really re-tooled the show, I could not care less one way or the other what happens to it.
Swamp Thing, in the most literal sense of the notion, had the rug pulled out from under its feet, causing it to land squarely on its back and have the wind knocked out of it.

You liked the first several episodes, right? That was the initial vision. The remainder of the season was scrunched down like a wad o' paper, the kind you crumple and try to make a basket with. The show's budget was stolen and its creative vision usurped. People wanted its monies diverted to other shows. Its sets were dismantled in record time.

If they could restore Swamp Thing, and properly depict the events of the comics, it could be the the greatest-ever show based on a comic book property. The Floronic Man is a great character and Kevin Durand's portrayal was superb.

Superman and Lois is standard CW fare. You'll see. That show is happening because thanks to the pandemic and other reasons, plans to bring Superman back to the big screen are shelved. Apart from ZSJL, it will be a long time before we see Superman in a feature film.

Old 02-10-2021, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Swamp Thing, in the most literal sense of the notion, had the rug pulled out from under its feet, causing it to land squarely on its back and have the wind knocked out of it.

You liked the first several episodes, right? That was the initial vision.
I remember I loved the first episode and maybe more. I don't remember exactly how long it took the show to crash. But it crashed pretty hard. Not the fault of the cast. I thought the cast was outstanding all around. But it's like someone with talent and craft started the show, then they turned it over to a bunch of Keebler Elves who just left Cheech and Chong's van.

Quote:
The Floronic Man is a great character and Kevin Durand's portrayal was superb.
Durand is great. I wish he'd get more (and better) roles.

Quote:
Superman and Lois is standard CW fare. You'll see. That show is happening because thanks to the pandemic and other reasons, plans to bring Superman back to the big screen are shelved. Apart from ZSJL, it will be a long time before we see Superman in a feature film.
You may be right. I could go the rest of my life without another Superman adaptation and be just fine with it. That said, the preview does look promising. I confess that SMALLVILLE holds a tiny piece of my sentimental heart, even if it did get extraordinarily bad in the final seasons. Believe it or not, I want every show to be great. I don't look for reasons to hate things. But if it's bad, it's bad. I can't help it.

Saw this yesterday and thought of you. A perfect image showing the current state of DC Movies:

Old 02-10-2021, 09:43 AM

Matt Reeves' The Batman has not arrived, so that pic doesn't really.

Old 02-10-2021, 09:45 AM

Btw, those pix of The American (from Falcon & The Winter Soldier) literally made me laugh out loud. Maybe they just weren't good pix of the guy.

Old 02-10-2021, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Matt Reeves' The Batman has not arrived, so that pic doesn't really.
I'm hoping it will be great. But given the past couple of Matt Reeves movies I saw, I'd be lying if I said I was optimistic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies