Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2019, 12:15 PM

22,923 posts, read 28,298,223 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFtrEFkt View Post
Which movie, I wonder? I thought DISNEY said they were done with STAR WARS movie releases for the foreseeable future???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2019, 12:17 PM

11,199 posts, read 9,094,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Which movie, I wonder? I thought DISNEY said they were done with STAR WARS movie releases for the foreseeable future???
I believe they are done with the Saga of Star Wars. Episode 1 to 9. The guys from Game of Thrones are going to do a trilogy for Star Wars and i believe they are going to do origin stories. Yoda, Obi Wan, etc.

Old 05-07-2019, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
I believe they are done with the Saga of Star Wars. Episode 1 to 9. The guys from Game of Thrones are going to do a trilogy for Star Wars and i believe they are going to do origin stories. Yoda, Obi Wan, etc.
I thought those were going to be TV shows? But I may be wrong. I haven't really been following all the STAR WARS news very carefully.

"Origin" movies are a bad idea. I would have thought SOLO's box office take would have killed that. And I say that as someone who actually enjoyed SOLO.

If Disney is going to continue STAR WARS movies, they need to go in a new direction. We don't need Yoda: The Wonder Years or How I Learned to Stop Sithing and Love Obi-Wan or How Dengar Got His Bandages Off.

Old 05-07-2019, 12:31 PM

8,609 posts, read 5,625,332 times
Quote:
SUICIDE SQUAD featured Batman, and it was like watching a suitcase full of nuts and bolts tumble down a wet metal staircase under flashing neon lights.
Wrong! He's in it, but he's not of the principals.

Old 05-07-2019, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFtrEFkt View Post
Wrong! He's in it, but he's not of the principals.
Isn't that what "featured" means?

Old 05-07-2019, 12:52 PM

11,199 posts, read 9,094,472 times
Quote:
I thought those were going to be TV shows? But I may be wrong. I haven't really been following all the STAR WARS news very carefully.

"Origin" movies are a bad idea. I would have thought SOLO's box office take would have killed that. And I say that as someone who actually enjoyed SOLO.

If Disney is going to continue STAR WARS movies, they need to go in a new direction. We don't need Yoda: The Wonder Years or How I Learned to Stop Sithing and Love Obi-Wan or How Dengar Got His Bandages Off.
Nope, movie. https://screenrant.com/star-wars-old...benioff-weiss/

Old 05-07-2019, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
Interesting.

I might have been a lot more excited about this three or four years ago. But watching what GAME OF THRONES has turned into without Martin's novel to guide it has led me to wonder if Benioff and Weiss are really only good at ...

Old 05-09-2019, 05:44 PM

5,110 posts, read 3,075,934 times
I didn't realize this at first, but does anyone see how Aquaman and Black Panther are both similar to Wonder Woman? A hero comes from a monarchy world, with advanced powers, and they have to try to make the rest of the Earth as good as them. Did both movies just feel they kind of had to copy Wonder Woman somewhat perhaps?

Old 05-09-2019, 06:24 PM

28,681 posts, read 18,816,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironpony View Post
I didn't realize this at first, but does anyone see how Aquaman and Black Panther are both similar to Wonder Woman? A hero comes from a monarchy world, with advanced powers, and they have to try to make the rest of the Earth as good as them. Did both movies just feel they kind of had to copy Wonder Woman somewhat perhaps?
They are as similar to one another as any of them is to Hercules or King Arthur or any number of other "monarch finds his real place" stories.

Old 05-09-2019, 06:26 PM

28,681 posts, read 18,816,352 times
Quote:

They have already created a new young audience with their television animations. They could continue some of those storylines.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies