Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2016, 11:21 AM

22,961 posts, read 28,400,605 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MordinSolus View Post
...keep dreaming. I think Garfield did a good job with what he had to work with, but those movies sucked. No one is opining for a continuation of them and everyone knows that a reboot requires a new cast.
I liked the first one. Not a perfect movie by any stretch, but I liked it. The second one? Yeah, it sucked. No argument from me there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2016, 11:31 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,592,663 times
Quote:
...keep dreaming. I think Garfield did a good job with what he had to work with, but those movies sucked. No one is opining for a continuation of them and everyone knows that a reboot requires a new cast.

That doesn't make him a bad Spiderman Yes because we NEED another reboot of Spiderman. Even more so with some kid who can't act.

Old 04-14-2016, 07:22 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,995,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFtrEFkt View Post
Worst title ever. A couple weeks back, I heard about Spectacular Spider-Man. I guess they changed it.
This was fan-theory based on the fact the last series was Amazing (another Spider-Man comic title. Would prefer that, yes but I can't crap on the current name until we see trailers and how it fits. I do like the rumor of the Vulture being on the big screen. That is one thing I love about Sony dkoing Spider-Man besides the protagonist core (the Parker's, Gwen, MJ, Harry) they bring in different villains to make the films different. Now if only another pair of comics turned movies could do that...
Spoiler
Looking at you Batman and Superman

Old 04-14-2016, 07:42 PM

8,609 posts, read 5,648,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
This was fan-theory based on the fact the last series was Amazing (another Spider-Man comic title. Would prefer that, yes but I can't crap on the current name until we see trailers and how it fits. I do like the rumor of the Vulture being on the big screen. That is one thing I love about Sony dkoing Spider-Man besides the protagonist core (the Parker's, Gwen, MJ, Harry) they bring in different villains to make the films different. Now if only another pair of comics turned movies could do that...
Spoiler
Looking at you Batman and Superman
No Spider-Man villain has been written that well since Spider-Man 2's Doc Ock, IMO. They're just going down the list!

(They had better get around to Kraven sometime!)

I think the Batman villains we've gotten so far have ranged from awesome (both Jokers, with Ledger's being my #1 pick) to embarrassing (TLJ's Two-Face and Ahnuld's Freeze). Nolan did bring Bane to the screen, whereas the studio wanted Riddler.

Same with Superman. (Nuclear wot?) Michael Shannon's Zod was awesome, and we did get Faora from Byrne's run (but yeah, they're Kryptonians). In the future, expect to see the likes of Brainiac, Mongul, Metallo and some form of Amazo (for a JL villain).

Old 04-14-2016, 07:49 PM

Quote:
No Spider-Man villain has been written that well since Spider-Man 2's Doc Ock, IMO. They're just going down the list!

(They had better get around to Kraven sometime!)

I think the Batman villains we've gotten so far have ranged from awesome (both Jokers, with Ledger's being my #1 pick) to embarrassing (TLJ's Two-Face and Ahnuld's Freeze). Nolan did bring Bane to the screen, whereas the studio wanted Riddler.

Same with Superman. (Nuclear wot?) Michael Shannon's Zod was awesome, and we did get Faora from Byrne's run (but yeah, they're Kryptonians). In the future, expect to see the likes of Brainiac, Mongul, Metallo and some form of Amazo (for a JL villain).
Superman has had Zod and/or Luthor in every movie besides the third movie. Bane was in Batman & Robin as well. The only fresh villains were those in the first movie for Batman Begins. If I want to see those villains, I can watch those films. Spider-Man has not had repeat villains other than the Harry Osbourne Green Goblin. Everything else is fresh. You can't use oh they're great, to sugar coat the fact they cycle back to those characters.

Old 04-14-2016, 08:44 PM

3,190 posts, read 3,196,083 times
Quote:
In the future, expect to see the likes of Brainiac, Mongul, Metallo and some form of Amazo (for a JL villain).
Pfft! Hahaha! Oh wow.

You sure live in a warped reality.

Old 04-14-2016, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Pfft! Hahaha! Oh wow.

IF we see Superman in a standalone movie or perhaps a Justice League film, I can see Brainiac based on the events in Batman V. Superman bit for now besides Richard Donner's Superman, Superman fits George R.R. Martin's problem with Marvel villains... However no-one complains about that.

Old 04-15-2016, 01:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Superman has had Zod and/or Luthor in every movie besides the third movie. Bane was in Batman & Robin as well. The only fresh villains were those in the first movie for Batman Begins. If I want to see those villains, I can watch those films. Spider-Man has not had repeat villains other than the Harry Osbourne Green Goblin. Everything else is fresh. You can't use oh they're great, to sugar coat the fact they cycle back to those characters.
I'm pretty sure I said some of them sucked.

Batman Forever's Bane was right out of the comics—but he was little more than wallpaper. TDKR Bane was Nolan-ized and a major character.

Nobody's disputing Luthor showing up in many Superman films, (he's not in MoS), but if we pretend Superman Returns never happened, that's one less movie.

Old 04-15-2016, 01:41 AM

Quote:
Pfft! Hahaha! Oh wow.

Metallo was rumored for a long time for BvS. We'll definitely see Brainiac at some point. If Mongul shows up, he'll be a punching bag (like Ultron, but hopefully with dialogue nowhere near as silly).

You were saying?

Old 04-15-2016, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Metallo was rumored for a long time for BvS. We'll definitely see Brainiac at some point. If Mongul shows up, he'll be a punching bag (like Ultron, but hopefully with dialogue nowhere near as silly).

You were saying?
There was a LOT of rumors in BvS whether it was Metallo, Brianiac, Riddler, how much of the JLA we'd see, Jenna Malone being Carrie Kelly
Spoiler
she is really Barbara Gordon/Batgirl and is in the extended cut
etc.

With Spider-Man eventually I do want to see another Doc Oct, Veno! and another Norman Osborne Green Goblin maybe not in film one but there are a lot of Spider-Man villains I want to see get their due including Vulture, Kraven, Carnage, Beetle, Hobgoblin (maybe Mark Hammil as Jason?) among others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies