Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2017, 10:10 PM

3,110 posts, read 1,990,044 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Yup. WW was sincere and utterly devoid of snark. (A lesson Marvel needs to learn.) She was a real, unapologetic hero.
Wow. I can't believe that he actually said something good about the Wonder Woman movie. However, he now needs to explain what is wrong with Marvel having snark. And $12 billion dollars(and counting) worth of explanations.

MCU Passes $12 Billion Worldwide | Screen Rant

Marvel Cinematic Universe Franchise Box Office History - The Numbers
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2017, 06:04 AM

22,932 posts, read 28,310,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by William Taylor View Post
Wow. I can't believe that he actually said something good about the Wonder Woman movie.
I loved the movie and have never said otherwise. I'm just not willing to admit it has no flaws. It has some pretty big weaknesses, especially in the third act, but they hardly ruined the movie for me.

Quote:
However, he now needs to explain what is wrong with Marvel having snark.
AftREfkt actually posted a really great video explaining it many pages back. I'm too lazy to go look for it. But that explained it better than I care to do. Maybe he'll re-post it ... ?

Old 08-11-2017, 09:54 AM

8,609 posts, read 5,628,177 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-QhdzQo66o

Old 08-11-2017, 10:35 AM

22,932 posts, read 28,310,390 times
There you go. Thank you, sir.

Old 08-11-2017, 11:43 AM

Sure thing.

Old 08-11-2017, 01:20 PM

'Wonder Woman' Blu-ray details: includes a new scene that wasn't in theaters - Batman News

Quote:
‘Wonder Woman’ Blu-ray details: includes a new scene that wasn’t in theaters

Over the summer while promoting Wonder Woman, director Patty Jenkins said that they didn’t cut any scenes from the movie. Perhaps she forgot about one. Warner Bros. announced the Wonder Woman Blu-ray today, and they’re promoting a “bonus scene” that wasn’t in theaters.

It’s unclear what this new scene is, but one of the special features listed is “Epilogue: Etta’s Mission”, where Etta Candy gets the boys back together for a secret mission that could impact humanity’s future. Perhaps that’s the bonus scene that’s being advertised. In addition to a new scene, there will be extended versions of scenes from the theatrical cut on the Blu-ray as part of its special features.

Old 08-11-2017, 02:21 PM

Want to know something really crazy? Wonder Woman's domestic gross is within 10K of Frozen's.

Old 08-11-2017, 08:49 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,934,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
I accept that it had a lot of similarities to "The First Avenger," and "The First Avenger" was also really rockem-sockem, but "The First Avenger" didn't make me feel better.
This is something I didn't feel and to me all DCEU movies haven't done for me. I don't really see how it wass since Diana's love died. In Batman V. Superman, I loved that movie but it wasn't at all a "feel good" movie. Nearly Marvel's movies so far have been feel good if only at the end. I would say The Winter Soldier and Civil War are the closest to this from Marvel but they still had fun aspects to them while DC hasn't really. Iron Man 3 was close to it but had a semi-happy ending (at best what we got with Man of Steel or Wonder Woman where it has a semi-happy end.)

Now I don't remember if The First Avenger made me feel better on itself. I know I was happy that they got Captain America fairly right and it gave me the look forward to The Avengers that next summer. Wonder Woman didn't. It let me down and I really wanted to like Diana's first feature film.

Quote:
Only because of the nature of their origin stories.
If you haven't realized it wasn't the origin (for the movie) you will never know. I've explained it several times and it is a beat and storyline issue even with the change to avoid the overt "Simpsons did it" scenario that I personally found without trying to find. Mind you, I was entirely psyched for this movie with the trailers even though I had these initial fears from the pictures and the leaked plot.

Old 08-11-2017, 08:52 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,934,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFtrEFkt View Post
Want to know something really crazy? Wonder Woman's domestic gross is within 10K of Frozen's.
As much as I didn't like Wonder Woman, Frozen isn't as "four quadrant" as Wonder Woman was. I think Frozen was a good movie and better but honestly, it was a girl movie while Wonder Woman was a superhero action movie with a female lead.

Old 08-11-2017, 09:56 PM

3,110 posts, read 1,990,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
I loved the movie and have never said otherwise. I'm just not willing to admit it has no flaws. It has some pretty big weaknesses, especially in the third act, but they hardly ruined the movie for me.
I am proud of you, Mark.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies