Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2015, 08:07 PM

12,411 posts, read 8,204,712 times

Advertisements

I think that right about now the total take is irrelevant. The character has gotten over and will be used again in the greater MCU like The Hulk is. I can see a future, or might see since they are starting to plan out to my life expectancy, where many characters are given a one shot origin either on screen, Netflix or on Agents of SHIELD like Madame Masque was before she was killed off and then plugged into the other MCU projects. Unless they go the way of Spider-Man and the Fantastic Four and try to reboot the "star" characters every time one of the star actors age out of his role.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2015, 01:24 AM

8,609 posts, read 5,637,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoGuy View Post
You need to see Antman....
I did. 4th post down on Page 1.

Old 08-09-2015, 10:15 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,964,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiko View Post
I think that right about now the total take is irrelevant. The character has gotten over and will be used again in the greater MCU like The Hulk is. I can see a future, or might see since they are starting to plan out to my life expectancy, where many characters are given a one shot origin either on screen, Netflix or on Agents of SHIELD like Madame Masque was before she was killed off and then plugged into the other MCU projects. Unless they go the way of Spider-Man and the Fantastic Four and try to reboot the "star" characters every time one of the star actors age out of his role.
I think you may see Ant-Man perhaps as a Netflix movie if they can cut the budget. I honestly liked Peyton Reed's direction. He got it. However it just didn't get a whole lot of butts to the seats compared to other marvel movies done by marvel studios. I think we may see Netflix movies of less performing characters from movies especially if they have a crowded phase 4 line up as they do with phase 3.

Old 08-10-2015, 06:10 AM

11,202 posts, read 9,112,546 times
Antman, Dr.Strange, and Black Panther should be Netflix movies. Alone those characters can't drive a movie.

Old 08-10-2015, 06:31 AM

22,950 posts, read 28,350,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ryu View Post
Antman, Dr.Strange, and Black Panther should be Netflix movies. Alone those characters can't drive a movie.
The Ant-Man movie drove me just fine.

On the one hand, I would much prefer all the super heroes on TV rather than movies. TV series offer 10+ hours to develop character that you just can't do in a 2 - 3 hour movie.

On the other hand, TV just doesn't have the movies' budget for the big time special effects that super heroes need. Low effects heroes like Daredevil, the Punisher, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, etc. can work on TV. I think a creative director with a parkour expert could even pull off a great Spidey TV show. But for heroes like Iron Man, Ant-Man, the Fantastic Four ... eh, I'm not so sure.

I remember the days of low budget super heroes on TV. Not pretty.

Old 08-10-2015, 08:12 AM

11,202 posts, read 9,112,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
The Ant-Man movie drove me just fine.

On the one hand, I would much prefer all the super heroes on TV rather than movies. TV series offer 10+ hours to develop character that you just can't do in a 2 - 3 hour movie.

On the other hand, TV just doesn't have the movies' budget for the big time special effects that super heroes need. Low effects heroes like Daredevil, the Punisher, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, etc. can work on TV. I think a creative director with a parkour expert could even pull off a great Spidey TV show. But for heroes like Iron Man, Ant-Man, the Fantastic Four ... eh, I'm not so sure.

I remember the days of low budget super heroes on TV. Not pretty.
Marvel joining forces with Netflix to do the superheroes that are not that big for a stand-alone movie.

Old 08-10-2015, 09:24 AM

3,680 posts, read 2,977,161 times
Antman has already pulled in 147 million. No shortage of "butts to the seats." Would have done much better if Antman already enjoyed a larger following....like Thor or The Hulk. It started with an anthill instead of a mountain. Did real well considering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
I think you may see Ant-Man perhaps as a Netflix movie if they can cut the budget. I honestly liked Peyton Reed's direction. He got it. However it just didn't get a whole lot of butts to the seats compared to other marvel movies done by marvel studios. I think we may see Netflix movies of less performing characters from movies especially if they have a crowded phase 4 line up as they do with phase 3.

Old 08-10-2015, 09:49 AM

8,609 posts, read 5,637,388 times
Ant-Man looks to be a break-even project, but the words "ANT-MAN WILL RETURN" at the beginning of the credits scroll, like "TONY STARK WILL RETURN," don't necessarily point to Ant-Man 2 being added to the slate anytime soon. First they want to see how Doctor Strange, Black Panther and Captain Marvel perform.

Old 08-10-2015, 10:07 AM

22,950 posts, read 28,350,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFtrEFkt View Post
Ant-Man looks to be a break-even project, but the words "ANT-MAN WILL RETURN" at the beginning of the credits scroll, like "TONY STARK WILL RETURN," don't necessarily point to Ant-Man 2 being added to the slate anytime soon. First they want to see how Doctor Strange, Black Panther and Captain Marvel perform.
Ant-Man is going to be in Captain America 3: Civil War. Beyond that ... who knows?

Honestly, I'd much rather see five more Ant-Man movies than another Thor movie.

Old 08-10-2015, 10:24 AM

3,680 posts, read 2,977,161 times
I thought about half of the money is made well after the theatrical release gets pulled? DVD sales etc...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFtrEFkt View Post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies