Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which zombie move do you prefer?
I Am Legend 17 51.52%
World War Z 16 48.48%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2014, 01:10 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,347,350 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdAilment View Post
What do you mean they went too far?

Apparently that killed a lot of people. I know a girl who refuses to watch the movie because someone spoiled it and told her that the dog in the movie dies, being a serious dog lover she's adamantly against watching it.
I mean there were unnecessary tight suspenseful situations where over and over he escapes while everyone else dies.

It got to the point of stupid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2014, 05:52 PM

13,395 posts, read 13,501,758 times
Quote:
Really? Then what were they?
Zombies are regular people...that are dead...but are still walking (and creating havoc).

In I Am Legend, the people had morphed into creatures...who came out at night.

Zombies don't care what time of day it is.

Old 05-24-2014, 06:00 PM

2,798 posts, read 2,675,979 times
"I am Legend" was actually not a bad film, in that it kept me engaged for most of it. Will Smith did some good work. Though some of the plot devices were kinda weak.

"WWZ" I think was best described by my cousin.
"Brad Pitt running around killing dead people."

Neither of them inspired me to want to watch them, again.

Old 05-24-2014, 06:18 PM

22,915 posts, read 28,260,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlygal View Post
Zombies are regular people...that are dead...but are still walking (and creating havoc).

In I Am Legend, the people had morphed into creatures...who came out at night.

Zombies don't care what time of day it is.
If you want to get nitpicky technical about it, "zombies" are drug-induced slaves of voodoo, not undead cannibal monsters. The former actually exist in the world. The latter is Hollywood. So I Am Legend is just as much a zombie movie as anything. You could even say the Terminator is a sort of zombie.

Old 05-25-2014, 07:01 AM

358 posts, read 710,780 times
Wwz was awful...a movie with no plot made for 13 year olds. At least IAL was mildly interesting at times.

Old 05-25-2014, 06:04 PM

15,592 posts, read 15,662,820 times
Here's the thing. I don't like zombie movies particularly. But if you do like them, I'm guessing that you'd prefer WWZ. But if you don't like them, as I don't, you might be likelier to prefer Legend, because it focuses more on characters and emotions. In other words, I like movies, not zombies.

Old 05-25-2014, 06:14 PM

29,511 posts, read 22,636,772 times
Quote:
If Will Smit wasn't on his toes in that movie, it would have been a total flop, since he takes up about 90% of the screen time. It's just him and the dog, then that lady and her kid near the end, no one else has more than 1 minute of screen time.

At least in WWZ there are some other characters, a family that's still alive, etc. Brad Pitt can be a tremendous actor too, despite all the slack about him just being a "pretty boy". I appreciated WWZ more mainly because they didn't make every zombie CGI like was done in IAL, they looked like they were straight out of a video game.

WWZ had a lot more intense scenes, the budget seemed bigger, the special effects more well done. The ending of WWZ was much more pleasing, even though the progression of the story line was a little convoluted. IAL had a more compelling story, the ending was a little disappointing, and the smaller scope left you wanting more. Just my opinion.
Will Smith was incredible and he did make the movie.

I just liked the plot line of WWZ more, the scope was larger and the action sequences more elaborate and suspenseful.

Old 05-25-2014, 06:49 PM

7,010 posts, read 11,971,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Will Smith was incredible and he did make the movie.

I just liked the plot line of WWZ more, the scope was larger and the action sequences more elaborate and suspenseful.
This sums it up nicely. Agree completely.

Old 05-25-2014, 08:26 PM

861 posts, read 1,335,663 times
Agree with the poster who said "Dawn of the Dead" was better. Heck, even Zombieland was better.

Old 05-25-2014, 08:31 PM

15,789 posts, read 20,487,959 times
Wasn't a fan of WWZ. The book was much better the way it told the story.

I did like "I am legend" enough to buy the DVD.

Hoping the upcoming adaptation of "Last of Us" video game ends up being a good zombie flick. Think "I am Legend" meets "The Road" and "walking Dead".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies