Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2014, 07:20 PM

11,201 posts, read 9,121,716 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post
This movie has the most profanity and foul language than any other movie. The "F" bomb was dropped 506 times LOL

F-Bomb: Martin Scorsese?s The Wolf Of Wall Street ?Most Foul-Mouthed Film Of All Time? - Celebrity Gossip, News & Photos, Movie Reviews, Competitions - Entertainmentwise

I'll wait til it comes out on video.
the dvd screener is out on torrent files. there are a lot of dvd screeners out. HER, 12 years a slave, Wolf, Gravity, American Hustle, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2014, 03:02 PM

260 posts, read 474,198 times
It was a bit long, my butt started to get numb about 20-30 mins from the end so they could have shaved that much off imo.

Margot Robbie was really good as well as Leo and Jonah and most of the other actors.

I think they did a good job of making the main guys unlikeable as I wanted them to die by the end.

It's the sort of movie I think you would need to watch more than once.

Old 01-10-2014, 03:53 PM

7,841 posts, read 13,264,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ryu View Post
the dvd screener is out on torrent files. there are a lot of dvd screeners out. HER, 12 years a slave, Wolf, Gravity, American Hustle, etc.

Do you mean those bootleg dvd's?

Actually, I meant to say I'll wait til it comes out on cable, not video.

Old 01-10-2014, 07:02 PM

11,201 posts, read 9,121,716 times
Quote:
Do you mean those bootleg dvd's?

Actually, I meant to say I'll wait til it comes out on cable, not video.
not bootleg dvd. A dvd screener is a DVD that is sent to members of the Academy for award nomination. It is DVD quality not filmed at a movie theater.

Old 01-12-2014, 08:30 AM

5,652 posts, read 19,378,008 times
I heard it won the record for having the greatest number of curse words in a movie or something like that... wow.

Old 01-13-2014, 11:58 AM

Quote:
This movie has the most profanity and foul language than any other movie. The "F" bomb was dropped 506 times LOL

F-Bomb: Martin Scorsese?s The Wolf Of Wall Street ?Most Foul-Mouthed Film Of All Time? - Celebrity Gossip, News & Photos, Movie Reviews, Competitions - Entertainmentwise

I'll wait til it comes out on video.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gardener34 View Post
I heard it won the record for having the greatest number of curse words in a movie or something like that... wow.
Yup--here's the link I posted a few comments back. The movie is 179 minutes long. If I figured this correctly, it's about 2.8 "f" bombs per minute.

Old 01-13-2014, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ryu View Post
not bootleg dvd. A dvd screener is a DVD that is sent to members of the Academy for award nomination. It is DVD quality not filmed at a movie theater.
How does one get the torrent screening if they're not a member of the Acadamy to get the actual screener?

Old 01-14-2014, 06:45 AM

706 posts, read 1,044,422 times
Quote:
How does one get the torrent screening if they're not a member of the Acadamy to get the actual screener?
someone uploads the dvd screener on the internet then people start downloading and it spreads. i too have watched the dvd screener.

a torrent file is a computer file that contains metadata about files and folders to be distributed, and usually also a list of the network locations of trackers, which are computers that help participants in the system find each other and form efficient distribution groups called swarms.[1] A torrent file does not contain the content to be distributed; it only contains information about those files, such as their names, sizes, folder structure, and cryptographic hash values for verifying file integrity.

Torrent file - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 01-17-2014, 07:11 PM

4,721 posts, read 5,323,412 times
The theater near me has posted a disclaimer about this movie. It says that it contains very graphic sex scenes, drug use, foul language, and much nudity. Why wasn't it given a different rating? Also, why do critics seem to love movies that show no morals?

Old 01-17-2014, 11:49 PM

2,294 posts, read 2,668,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgianbelle View Post
Why wasn't it given a different rating? Also, why do critics seem to love movies that show no morals?
They actually had to cut some things out to get down to an R rating.

"Critics" also love many cartoon movies, which I think are a total waste of time, regardless of the various "messages" they claim to purport. I stopped watching cartoons when I was about eight years old.

Why would you think "critics" would care at all about "morals?"

If you want to know how the rating system works, watch this: This Film Is Not Yet Rated (2006) - IMDb
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies