Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2013, 10:44 PM

2,075 posts, read 2,136,916 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfhtex View Post
A crap actor speeding in a Porsche GT, endangering other people's lives? Really? You're soooo sad about that?? Because he was in the douchebaggiest movie series ever produced?

Think of people in the military, or police officers, or Hell, most anyone else, who has died this week. I'm not happy the guy died, but this outpouring clearly, powerfully illustrates the stupidity of our culture: signifying the trivial, and trivializing the significant.
Sounds rather heartless to me. You have such a low opinion of our "culture" I'm surprised you live here.
"Douchebaggiest" is pretty clever though. That might be the word of the week........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2013, 06:13 AM

51,691 posts, read 15,688,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post

We all should take this time to remember that "tomorrow is never promised."

I agree.

Old 12-02-2013, 06:19 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,189,163 times
I wonder if they'll write his character's death into the current F&F filming?

Old 12-02-2013, 06:21 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,189,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
Very tragic. May he rest in peace.

We all should take this time to remember that "tomorrow is never promised."
Not even the next breath is guaranteed.

Old 12-02-2013, 06:58 AM

3,187 posts, read 5,149,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post
Someone died. He entertained millions, gave to charity. He helped others and had a family of his own. There is nothing wrong with acknowledging his life, and the loss for his family.

I find your last sentence interesting. Signifying the trivial. I don't view anyone's death as trivial. Why do you?

I agree with you. I think that it was a ridiculous post that he put up. Why sh t on celebrities when they are gone/ dead? I never understood that way of thinking. Nobody has claimed that he was a "great" actor. However, he did a lot for charities and had a young daughter that is left behind. He was what he was-an entertainer, and he did that well. He might not have won an Oscar in his lifetime, but so what. How many do? He reminds me a lot of Keanu Reaves. Stays out of the limelight and does many things behind the scenes to help people (without notifying people that they are doing it). Class act for "hollyweird" standards. I'll leave it at that. Rest in Peace Paul.

Old 12-02-2013, 08:19 AM

483 posts, read 869,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post
Someone died. He entertained millions, gave to charity. He helped others and had a family of his own. There is nothing wrong with acknowledging his life, and the loss for his family.

I find your last sentence interesting. Signifying the trivial. I don't view anyone's death as trivial. Why do you?
Death of Walker and business partner (Roger Rodas) was sober news to hear after Thanksgiving. Honestly, I liked Paul's acting more in "Running Scared" and "Takers" than Fast & Furious. May he rest in peace. Hope family honors him by continuing his charity work.

Old 12-02-2013, 09:20 AM

1,761 posts, read 2,097,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfhtex View Post
A crap actor speeding in a Porsche GT, endangering other people's lives? Really? You're soooo sad about that?? Because he was in the douchebaggiest movie series ever produced?

Think of people in the military, or police officers, or Hell, most anyone else, who has died this week. I'm not happy the guy died, but this outpouring clearly, powerfully illustrates the stupidity of our culture: signifying the trivial, and trivializing the significant.
Your comment disgusts me. His death is not trivial. No one's death is trivial.

Old 12-02-2013, 11:31 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,251,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sawyersmom View Post
Your comment disgusts me. His death is not trivial. No one's death is trivial.
I totally agree with you, makes ya wonder doesn't it.

Paul Walker played the lead in Eight Below, about the dogs....
this is so sad.

Old 12-02-2013, 12:16 PM

3,138 posts, read 2,778,414 times
I think it's irrelevant concerning the type of actor he was considered by some to be, and even more irrelevant that there are service men/women who die. Please don't misunderstand my point: their deaths are deaths of courage, and they should always be honored for the work that they do. But comparing this man to them is a mute point.

The fact remains he was young, gifted, and left behind a 15 year old daughter. His death was a tragedy. If nothing else, it signifies that neverending fact of life: that it is promised to no one, and that we should always tell those we love how much we love them, as often as possible.

I just saw a video clip of his father responding to his death. It is heartbreaking and difficult to watch .

To put him, the dead man down, or anyone down for that matter, for what happened, is truly such a mean-spirited thing to do. You don't have to like him, but don't be disrespectful concerning his death.

You never know if or when it will be you or one of your loved ones...

Last edited by erjunkee; 12-02-2013 at 01:27 PM..

Old 12-02-2013, 12:51 PM

377 posts, read 529,314 times
You live that fast and flashy LA lifestyle things like this are bound to happen. RIP Brian Earl Spilner, aka Brian O'Connor
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies