Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2013, 05:59 AM

22,938 posts, read 28,322,594 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColorsWolf View Post
You bring up some good points, I agree with many of them, but there is always the possibility that the "silver weakness myth" could have originated from many sources whether we know of it or not.
Well, if you've got a source, I'm all ears. Or eyes anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2013, 08:42 AM

1,949 posts, read 5,265,758 times
Quote:

Actually, they did portray the Quileute Tribe Wolf Shapeshifters this way in the movies of the Twilight series, perhaps this is one of the reasons so many Humans hate these films because they do not want to see how such people and creatures could be different than the "mindless bloodthristy killing-without-control-and-without remorse monsters" that so many truly think of them as such even if they don't believe in their existence.~
so many Humans hate those films because so many Humans are not pre-teen girls.

pre-teens and extremely lonely young women between the ages of 13 - 30. that is who those movies are for.

one possible symptom of extreme loneliness is when any person over the age of 10 fancies themselves as something other than human.

Old 05-14-2014, 04:02 PM

628 posts, read 1,390,820 times
I would like to see a more "Native American version" of Werewolves in movies and TV shows.~

There are after all a lot of Native American tales, culture, and legends involving animals and nature in-general.~

If some one could tie that into a Werewolf movie or TV show that would be amazing.~

I can think of 2 examples: the Twilight series of course and Balto 2: Wolf Quest where that old wolf is at one point able to physically become one with a tree to avoid an attack.~

^_^

I would also like to see a sort of "society of Werewolves" at least a glimpse of such a thing, BUT AWAY FROM the whole "Alpha-Omega" nonsense, I've always been skeptical of this theory of Wolf group government.~

Sort of like The World of Darkness The Garou story-line.~

From my understanding these kinds of Werewolves prefer to stay out of the cities and close to nature as they are the protectors of it and feel a close-bond with it to protect it from The Wyrm and it's corruption and its' devouring of existence.~

These Werewolves also have no "government", only a loose sort-of "democratic" society if you can call it that, Werewolves don't have a "society" in many of the definitions of it:

they gather only to discuss the most important of things and this doesn't happen often at all

every one has a say and no one is more important than any one else, there are no "kings" nor "alphas"

they may "discuss" things, but each individual always decides themself what to do, if many of them decide to do the same thing then they are simply doing what they each wish to do but they just happen to be doing the same thing, no one has authority over another truly.~

Last edited by ColorsWolf; 05-14-2014 at 04:55 PM..

Old 05-15-2014, 06:22 AM

Quote:
I would like to see a more "Native American version" of Werewolves in movies and TV shows.~

There are after all a lot of Native American tales, culture, and legends involving animals and nature in-general.~
The problem with that is that there just aren't any true "werewolves" in Native American myth. That's another Hollywood invention. There were skinwalkers and limmikin and other such tales, but those weren't werewolves.

Quote:
I would also like to see a sort of "society of Werewolves" at least a glimpse of such a thing, BUT AWAY FROM the whole "Alpha-Omega" nonsense, I've always been skeptical of this theory of Wolf group government.~
Yeah. Silly scientists with all their research and evidence. Who needs that?

Old 05-15-2014, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
The problem with that is that there just aren't any true "werewolves" in Native American myth. That's another Hollywood invention. There were skinwalkers and limmikin and other such tales, but those weren't werewolves.

Yeah. Silly scientists with all their research and evidence. Who needs that?
Any thing that changes from some thing into a Wolf form and vice/versa is a Werewolf.~

Were originates from an ancient word meaning "Man" and Werewolf means "ManWolf", of course "Man" could mean Mann which is the universal term for all Humans.~

It doesn't have to be exclusive to Humans either, Mann could be any thing "Humanoid-shaped".~

Outside observations will never be sufficient "evidence", unless one is the subject in-question then one truly does not know the inner-mental-working of a Wolf.~

Old 05-16-2014, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Outside observations will never be sufficient "evidence", unless one is the subject in-question then one truly does not know the inner-mental-working of a Wolf.~
Until we can get wolf packs to agree to sit down and be psychoanalyzed, we're just going to have to rely on crusty old scientific observation.

Wolf: "You gotta help me, doc. Every time I get in the sheep pen, I just wanna rip and tear and rend!"

Dr. Niles Crane: "And how does that make you feel?"

Old 05-16-2014, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Until we can get wolf packs to agree to sit down and be psychoanalyzed, we're just going to have to rely on crusty old scientific observation.

Wolf: "You gotta help me, doc. Every time I get in the sheep pen, I just wanna rip and tear and rend!"

Dr. Niles Crane: "And how does that make you feel?"
I'm glad you see my point, but until that has happened the whole "Alpha-Omega Wolf group government" is simply another THEORY, it's a strong theory, but it is still a theory.~

Old 05-17-2014, 07:12 AM

Quote:
I'm glad you see my point, but until that has happened the whole "Alpha-Omega Wolf group government" is simply another THEORY, it's a strong theory, but it is still a theory.~
It's one of those silly theories supported by all the evidence.

Old 05-17-2014, 02:35 PM

Quote:
It's one of those silly theories supported by all the evidence.
Except the evidence of actually interviewing a Wolf understandably.~ ^_^

Old 05-17-2014, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Except the evidence of actually interviewing a Wolf understandably.~ ^_^
Yeah. Good luck with that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies