Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2013, 03:46 PM

40 posts, read 50,663 times

Advertisements

Yes crazy movie.

The one question I have is why was Jake Gylenhaals character the way he was (haircut, tattoos, personality) they made him this way but never explained why. I mean did he used to be undercover or something?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2013, 04:34 PM

21,487 posts, read 10,603,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Holy crap...this was a very dark, suspenseful movie. Absolutely loved it. a little long maybe, but there wasn't much fluff to cut. Hugh Jackman was really good, but Jake Gyllenhal was amazing!

Probably my favorite movie of 2013 so far.
Ooh, I love Jake Gyllenhaal. He was amazing in End of Watch, as was his co-star, Michael Pena. I'll see this movie just because I liked End of Watch so much (and because you thought enough of it to start a thread about it).

Old 10-06-2013, 07:44 AM

Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
3,770 posts, read 7,551,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Holy crap...this was a very dark, suspenseful movie. Absolutely loved it. a little long maybe, but there wasn't much fluff to cut. Hugh Jackman was really good, but Jake Gyllenhal was amazing!

Probably my favorite movie of 2013 so far.
I think this is where the "hype" sorta ruined it just a little for me. I saw Prisoners yesterday and I liked it. Do I put it up there with one of the top movies of all time? Or even one of the top movies of there year? Not really. I was really disappointed with Viola Davis and Terrance Howard's minimal role in the movie - especially someone of Viola's caliber. Totally under utilized. It was obviously the Huge and Jake movie.

A few friends really hyped it up and said it was awesome and one of the best movies of the year - I didn't really see that. I enjoyed it but it's not necessarily something I'll remember 5 years from now.

Old 10-08-2013, 10:35 PM

4,231 posts, read 15,436,566 times
I saw it tonite and agree w/ you, it was enjoyable but can't really say it was awesome - the ending was a bit surprising, I thought.

Old 12-22-2013, 12:03 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,068,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stockwiz View Post
saw it yesterday at 4PM... only person in the theater (small town) ... great movie.

I was somewhat irritated they ended it the way they did instead of expanding on it more, but it's a pretty typical way to end a movie.. they did something similar with avatar and other movies.
I just saw this movie On Demand. There were some parts where I had trouble hearing the dialogue (the girls mumbled in the beginning of the movie) but I definitely liked it even though I thought the ending was abrupt.

Old 12-26-2013, 02:05 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,569,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
I just saw this movie On Demand. There were some parts where I had trouble hearing the dialogue (the girls mumbled in the beginning of the movie) but I definitely liked it even though I thought the ending was abrupt.
Me too; just saw it ON Demand last night with my son and we both enjoyed it. I would have preferred that ALL loose ends be tied up at the end . . but that almost never happens anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies