Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2012, 02:43 PM

9,961 posts, read 17,560,359 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
How about the movie "Falling Down" with Michael Douglas?
That movie is interesting despite many of it's flaws, because the main character is sort of portrayed almost as an anti-hero at times although at other points it's clear that he's a very sick individual who's just gone over the edge. He's not very likeable, yet there's a part of the audience who probably watches that film and cheers at points where he's fighting off gangbangers or a neo-nazi, though there's other parts where while people might relate to having trouble with the service at a fast food restaurant or with rich people or whatever--his character just goes to far into violence and anti-social behavior.

The counterpoint is that the character of Robert Duvall who's tracking him down to arrest him, isn't the villain, as he's the one character who's pretty likeable and down to earth as decent cop(even with the ultimate cop cliche of him being about ready to retire). At the end, it's the Michael Douglas character who has to realize that he's been the bad guy all along.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2012, 02:55 PM

59 posts, read 45,709 times
187 with Samuel L Jackson I thought was a real good movie

Like another person said in this thread House Of Sand and fog was a good movie and yeah I liked it

The punisher as a character I thought was really good and while you may not agree with how he did things you can still sort of cheer him on.

Suicide Kings with Christopher walker was cool

Old 09-14-2012, 06:24 AM

4,970 posts, read 6,285,853 times
To me, the movie The Break-Up fits this description. I did not like either Vince Vaughn or Jennifer Aniston's character one single bit in that movie. They had absolutely no redeeming qualities and thus I hated the movie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies