Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2013, 08:55 PM

4,505 posts, read 6,491,525 times

Advertisements

^^^ Well it used to be beams on a construction site or other narrow height.

How about nail guns shooting a nail straight like a bullet through the air....not tumbling as they really do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2013, 09:32 PM

2,707 posts, read 2,842,119 times
Don't know if anyone said this one yet. The good guy saves the girl, and with the killer/killers closing in, they stand hugging, and kissing, oblivious to the beast/bad man/ killer gang/horde of zombies, or whatever is coming and is almost at arms length. Save the girl, then....RUN!

Old 08-30-2013, 11:03 AM

9,238 posts, read 22,934,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 124c41 View Post
Don't know if anyone said this one yet. The good guy saves the girl, and with the killer/killers closing in, they stand hugging, and kissing, oblivious to the beast/bad man/ killer gang/horde of zombies, or whatever is coming and is almost at arms length. Save the girl, then....RUN!
Related to this is when the characters have to take a pause in the middle of the crisis (bombs falling, zombies attacking, etc) to express their feelings for each other.

Old 08-31-2013, 12:05 AM

4,505 posts, read 6,491,525 times
^^^^ Well they always say to tell people how you really feel because you may not get the chance again....

Old 09-01-2013, 04:49 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,822,618 times
Fast-paced clever dialogue between one main character and another (often in a frantic professional setting) while walking briskly. Scene is usually shot on a dolly or camera held walking in front of the actors. Usually includes several interruptions by outsiders, which the main character is able to address without slowing down (when someone hands him a paper to sign, for example), or breaking the pace of his speech.

There's gotta be a better way to word this... I can't describe it, but it's everywhere, tv and movies. And I'm picturing Vince Vaughan or Robert Downey, Jr.

Edit: I knew I could count on tvtropes! it's called the "Walk and Talk"

Walk and Talk - YouTube

Old 09-01-2013, 05:01 PM

420 posts, read 699,005 times
The good guy winning.

Old 09-01-2013, 05:23 PM

9,726 posts, read 16,766,616 times
One that I get tired of but others will probably disagree with me: The boy gets the girl in the end and they kiss. I LOVE movies where the romance is a bit ambiguous and/or you're not even entirely sure the two characters will even wind up together.

Old 09-02-2013, 07:25 AM

3,622 posts, read 5,822,618 times
Haven't read the whole thread, but SURELY someone has mentioned that in horror flicks the "new face of evil" is a young girl with long hair covering half her face wearing a white nightgown. Especially creepy if she crawls out of a tv or a well. Or just stands there.

Ominous music builds up to a screaming cat jumping from a tree. And THEN the [insert really scary thing] happens.

Little girls always have creepy toys.

The face in the window/mirror.

The face that is supposed to be in the window/mirror, but isn't.

When a strange noise is heard in the new house that has been acting a little "odd", lately, the bonehead owner will repeatedly call out "Who's there?", because, yeah, he'll answer.

When the above fails, the owner will head to the basement armed with nothing but a flashlight. Cue the screaming cat, again.

The slow-motion dramatic walkaway from the huge, fiery explosion. (this applies to both action flicks and video game cutscenes)

I need to lay off the Netflix for a bit. I haven't slept in a while.

Old 09-02-2013, 08:49 AM

8,072 posts, read 10,665,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
^ that reminds me of another one. Movie police station lobbies are always in a state of barely controlled pandemonium, as if the Apocalypse is in full swing on that night.
Emergency room are always like this in movies also.

Old 09-03-2013, 08:19 AM

10,060 posts, read 12,836,248 times
For the ultimate cliche experience, watch a Lifetime movie!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies