Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2012, 12:08 PM

1,331 posts, read 2,336,572 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
Contagion.

Great cast, crappy movie.
Actually, I disagree. I like both the cast and the movie. Some people don't like it because it was slow but I think it was wonderful because it portrayed a realistic view of what could actually happen in a disease epidemic
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2012, 12:32 PM

696 posts, read 1,302,572 times
Contagion disappointed me a bit too but I wouldn't go as far as calling it crappy. Just different from what we are normally used to, mainly because of no particular "climax" part and an abrupt ending.

Old 01-05-2012, 12:57 PM

737 posts, read 1,149,888 times
"Journey To Shiloh". Harrison Ford, Jan Michael Vincent, James Caan, Don Stroud, Michael Sarrazin. At the time it was made Paul Peterson of the Donna Reed Show was the biggest name in the cast.

Old 01-05-2012, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronyusa View Post
Contagion disappointed me a bit too but I wouldn't go as far as calling it crappy. Just different from what we are normally used to, mainly because of no particular "climax" part and an abrupt ending.
Someone said it was like "The Happening". I literally LOL'd when they said that. The Happening was one of the WORST movies I have ever seen. Contagion was far from the worst film in my opinion.

Old 01-05-2012, 02:00 PM

696 posts, read 1,302,572 times
LOL ya The Happening was pretty disappointing, not a lot really happened on that one !!

Now that I think of it, one thing that is similar in the two movies is the lack of "climax"...I mean both movies keep you tense and hoping for something to happen, but there is no "climactic" scene that "happens"...the stories just gradually unfold throughout the movie leading to an abrupt ending, something that is uncommon for most movies that have a start, unfolding a story leading to a climax and then a proper ending!! That is probably why some people feel the two are similar.

But I agree with you that "Contagion" probably did a much better job with execution than "The Happening" !!

I like Mark Wahlberg in action movies but he just could not pull it off as a middle school science teacher lol, that was another reason the movie sucked, probably would have a slightly better future with a different actor !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradleyyo View Post
Someone said it was like "The Happening". I literally LOL'd when they said that. The Happening was one of the WORST movies I have ever seen. Contagion was far from the worst film in my opinion.

Old 01-05-2012, 02:14 PM

Yeah I totally get what you mean about the whole no climax thing. I think what made it much better was the all star cast and the virus plot. The thing in "The Happening" that was killing people was pretty contrived. The virus in Contagion was fairly accurate which is what made it so creepy and better.

I remember laughing at the part in "The Happening" when that kid was shot. I knew I shouldn't have found that funny but I was busting up.

Old 01-10-2012, 05:44 AM

12 posts, read 14,438 times
The Untouchables worst movie....

Old 01-11-2012, 06:01 AM

3,219 posts, read 7,086,085 times
I really like Ed Norton and Catherine Keener, but Death to Smoochy was just awful.

Old 01-11-2012, 06:08 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,196,220 times
Vanity Fair. An abomination. A total betrayal of the book.

Old 01-11-2012, 06:44 AM

162 posts, read 459,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Vanity Fair. An abomination. A total betrayal of the book.
Aahhh, I remember having such high hopes for that film...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies