Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2009, 01:22 PM

2,732 posts, read 6,774,270 times

Advertisements

Worst movies of 09 so far....
I'll throw Day the earth stood still & Mall cop out there..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2009, 02:57 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,767,096 times
So, here's my tragic tale.

Here I am in New York City around February very much depressed about my job situation, for I know not when I will be laid off, but am certain it's coming.

So I head for church this Sunday and am still depressed. And this girl I used to know in the same church, who happened to become my friend saw me in my despair.

Ok, let me cheer you up, boy. So she took me out lunching. We went to an Italian restaurant and I was still depressed.

Ok, let me take you to a movie, she said. I was like, why not!

She says there is this cool new movie which she has been meaning to see. So we head for the theatre after lunch.

She goes gets tickets as I'm still disillusioned with my situation.

We go into the theatre and I find it bizarre. I'm the ONLY guy in the theatre, buzzing with teens and young women, then moms....... many of whom look at me surprised, I am sure I picked a few giggles too.

Then the movie title shows up on screen, "He's just not that into you"

I wish I had this hindsight that I have now, about the type of movie this is, LMAO

And thus it came to pass, poor Tony is sitting in the theatre, seeing probably the "worst movie" he had ever seen, hands down. Amidst giggles of girls, ooohhhs, aaaahhhs.....

And then came the killer shot, "this is SOOOOOOOOO us, not a single guy here", came a voice from somewhere.

"Oh here's one......."

I asked my "angelic" friend if she can hide me within her jacket.

Now, how I fled out of the theatre, I leave it to your imagination

Old 04-16-2009, 03:53 PM

269 posts, read 915,015 times
Knowing ... had great potential STUPID ending

Old 04-17-2009, 11:18 AM

2,732 posts, read 6,774,270 times
Wow,Colossus that must have been horrible lol
Does the film have a real "man-hatred" feel or plot to it?
I dont know much about the movie.

Old 04-17-2009, 11:44 AM

4,537 posts, read 9,201,309 times
Observe and Report , geeze everything I read about this movie sure does not make me want to see it

Old 04-17-2009, 12:33 PM

1,700 posts, read 5,940,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quiet walker View Post
Observe and Report , geeze everything I read about this movie sure does not make me want to see it
Yeah, it really wasn't all that great. I laughed out loud probably twice. The rest is pretty obvious crudeness and just comes off as trying too hard. Even the fact Seth Rogen is cast as lead seems like a bit much, like the filmmakers just want to be part of this whole Judd Apatow-Superbad-Seth Rogen's group's sweep over comedy, but it falls short of anything they've done.

Old 04-17-2009, 03:21 PM

1,105 posts, read 4,574,587 times
It shows you how things are so relative. I went with a couple of girl friends to see He's Just Not That Into You and all three of us really enjoyed it. A friend and her husband went and they both hated it as well.

No it isn't a blockbuster hit but it was just what it was supposed to be, a decently cute romantic comedy.

Old 04-18-2009, 11:29 AM

44 posts, read 122,756 times
We watched the Punisher: WarZone. Talk about crappy acting. It would be a great spoof movie though

Old 04-18-2009, 01:13 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,767,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trallala View Post
We watched the Punisher: WarZone. Talk about crappy acting. It would be a great spoof movie though
I liked Ray's character in Rome.

He simply picked the wrong movie to act in

Old 04-19-2009, 12:20 AM

2,657 posts, read 8,041,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by averagejoe76 View Post
I'll throw Day the earth stood still
Ditto on that. We got it via Netflix. I was ready to stick it in the envelope and send it back barely 20 minutes in, but decided to stick it out to see how it ended. It was awful from start to finish.

Another, and I hate to say this, but "Tale of Desperaux" (edit: oh, wait, that came out in the last two weeks of 2008. well, it ran into 2009 ). Wonderful movie in its visual appeal; the animators just keep getting better and better at this; but the story was ..... "eh". It's of a different studio than the makers of "Toy Story" but could have used a writer's input from those movies. There was just "something" missing
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies