Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2011, 05:57 PM

3,359 posts, read 7,328,676 times

Advertisements

To keep from opening up or creating multiple threads...I just felt it was time to create a thread the deals with all things Will Smith...

All of his movies, and films, past, present and up coming features of his...

And for starters...I just got done watching 'Hancock' (2008)...

And I must say, after the recent string of bomb movies I've been renting and buying...I wasn't disappointed in the least bit...

Finally a movie that delivered...or at least in comparison to the ones I've seen lately...

Hancock, is a different type of Super Hero movie...
I always love scripts that present classic themes, in a new, fresh way...

I'd definatly have to give it a 5 for originality...
It showed a side of being a super hero that most just have never seen...
And Will Smiths charm, wit, and humor just made it all the more believable and enjoyable to watch...

The special effects were awesome, and near seamless....

Even the romance that occured, that every single movie seems to have to have, was different and unique...it wasn't the same old tired recipy of boy meets girl...

The movie felt fresh to me, cause it didn't follow any past template...

It was fun, fast paced, and entertaining...and I was only able to predict one small element of the film...not bad considering with most movies today...you can practically sit there and forecast events yet to happen.

It's a family film...no nudity or sex, but there is very light kissing...but even that turns into a WCW moment...

The last major film I saw with Will S in it was 'I am Legend'...and well...the guy just hasn't let me down yet...

The only movies I don't, didn't like with him in it was that whole 'Bad Boys' series he did with Martin lawrence...yuk...to me, those were grade B movie...and to this day cannot watch them...

Anyways...If you haven't seen Hancock yet...and are a Will Smith fan...i think you'll enjoy it...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2011, 07:15 PM

351 posts, read 633,137 times
To me personally, I Robot and I Am Legend are in my top 20 of all time personal favorites.

Old 12-12-2011, 07:23 AM

2,714 posts, read 4,283,772 times
His best film to me is... Men In Black III, soon to be released.

Just kidding-- I actually think The Pursuit of Happyness is his best film.

Old 12-12-2011, 08:44 AM

696 posts, read 1,302,378 times
"I am Legend" and "The Pursuit of Happiness" both were awesome.

I didn't like "Hancock", I thought it was crap. Nothing to do with Will Smith though, I don't know, the concept of a "bum" (and rude) superhero just didn't fly with me lol !!

Old 12-12-2011, 08:55 AM

19,727 posts, read 20,271,976 times
Fresh Prince forevaaa!

Fresh Prince of Bel-Air Jump On It - YouTube

Probably his best movie roles for me were Ali, Men In Black, and Where the Day Takes You. Bad Boys 2 was pretty funny, cuz I'm a Martin Lawrence fan haha.

Haven't seen Pursuit of Happyness yet.

Seven Pounds was interesting...
Spoiler
Although committing suicide with a jellyfish was a bit much, lol.

Old 12-12-2011, 02:38 PM

33 posts, read 303,776 times
Omg, will smith!!!
Discuss!!!!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies