Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2012, 08:06 PM

2,765 posts, read 3,634,132 times

Advertisements

Alright friends I haven't posted in a while but I'm back. I have been thinking about this for a while but never really discussed with anyone so here it goes; I have noticed one thing about movies, unless they are based on a true story they usually follow a typical pattern and I want to have a good laugh here with all of you so I want to share my take on this and would like some participation and we all can laugh together. These are some of the typical things I see in movies:
1) In cop movies the best cop is always the one who never wears a uniform. doesn't even looks like a cop uses his own car(usually a classic muscle car) to do his job and doesn't mind tearing up chasing a bad guy.
2) In action movies the hero gets his butt kicked and at the very last minute suddenly get strong and beats the bad guy.
3) In just about every movie the police always gets there right after the danger is over and they are no longer needed.
4) The good guy always gets the beautiful girl.
5)There is always a beautiful woman designated for the good guy
6) The pet in the movie usually comes out unharmed.
7) The bad guy seems to have an endless supply on troops to send after the good guy.
8) The hero and the victim always escape the burning car or building right before they explode.
9) In car chases bullets fly left and right but no bystanders get hit.
10) Car chases always include drifting and running over sidewalks.
11) In horror movies it is always about a bunch of stupid no common sense teenagers going to places that are dangerous.
12) In horror movies some of the most beutiful girls die when they are almost naked.
13) In most movies when a couple is running away from someone or something the girl.always trips and falls and the guy has to come back and help her up.
14) In horror movies after being traumatized and nearly killed the hero and the girl defeat the evil and then leave all happy like nothing terrible happened.
Alright folks that is all I can think of for now. If something else comes to mind I will add more. Now it's your turn, bring it on
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2012, 08:13 PM

6,476 posts, read 7,332,411 times
In G-rated movies, the good guy gets the girl.

In R-rated movies, the bad guy gets the girl.

In X-rated movies EVERYBODY GETS THE GIRL.

Old 11-05-2012, 07:01 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,121,809 times
at the end of an action flick, the big huge explosive device never works the first time. They either drop the lighter, have to shoot the explosives with a gun and they miss the first 2 times, or there's a delayed explosion.

Old 11-05-2012, 07:20 AM

4,970 posts, read 6,278,900 times
The bad guy will always capture the good guy and then tell him all his evil plans and delay killing him. In fact, the bad guy in general will always hesitate when it comes to killing the good guy.

There is always a parking spot open right in front of wherever the characters are going, even in the middle of downtown on a busy afternoon.

In romantic comedies, especially teen romantic comedies, the perfect person for the girl is the guy right in front of her but for some reason she always longs after some idiot guy that she is way too good for.

Old 11-05-2012, 09:15 AM

2,765 posts, read 3,634,132 times
The hero's gun seems to have an incredible amount of ammunition he rarely ever runs out of bullets.
No matter how many bad guys are shooting at the hero they never hit him, however he turns around and kill all of them with incredible accuracy.

Old 11-05-2012, 01:45 PM

2,727 posts, read 6,159,995 times
In scary movies, everytime the girl hears or see something, she goes looking for it instead of running like heck out of there.

Old 11-07-2012, 10:32 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,125,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ischyros View Post
The bad guy will always capture the good guy and then tell him all his evil plans and delay killing him. In fact, the bad guy in general will always hesitate when it comes to killing the good guy.

There is always a parking spot open right in front of wherever the characters are going, even in the middle of downtown on a busy afternoon.

In romantic comedies, especially teen romantic comedies, the perfect person for the girl is the guy right in front of her but for some reason she always longs after some idiot guy that she is way too good for.
Yes, that always annoyed me. The bad guy who be holding the gun at the good guy for like forever, I'm like 'just get on with it!' and then the good guy manages to get out or he is rescued.

Also, when the good guy has the bad guy captured, he will have mercy on him, but the villain will strike out at him one last time (I'm picturing the end of 'Class of 1984', Toy Story 3 and countless others), making him 'beyond redeeming' and the hero will have to vanquish him in self-defence.

Old 11-07-2012, 10:34 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,125,990 times
The sidekicks always seem to be chatterboxes who provide comic relief. The main character is more quiet, serious and 'straight'.

In films including a group of women, the fat ones always seem to be the funniest.

Old 11-08-2012, 09:51 AM

4,970 posts, read 6,278,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
The sidekicks always seem to be chatterboxes who provide comic relief. The main character is more quiet, serious and 'straight'.

In films including a group of women, the fat ones always seem to be the funniest.
In all films, the fat ones in the group are meant to be the funny ones. That's their entire purpose. If it's a guy movie, the fat one will also be dumb with extremely bad manners.

Also, a girl wearing a sweater with her hair up and glasses is ugly, until she takes her hair down, removes her glasses, and wears a different outfit. Suddenly she's magically hot.

Old 11-08-2012, 03:18 PM

8,342 posts, read 13,482,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTGirlNoMore View Post
In scary movies, everytime the girl hears or see something, she goes looking for it instead of running like heck out of there.
Of course otherwise it would be one hell of a short and lame scary movie. Heck it wouldn't even be a movie, instead end up as a short movie on YouTube probably!

Here are a few which I think I mentioned on other related threads before:

At the most critical moment whatever is needed doesn't work, breaks or goes missing:
- Missing keys? Good luck finding 'em!
- If it is a lighter, it will not light up, if it is a cell phone, no signal or super low on battery.
- If it is a car, it won't start up, run out of fuel or gets a flat.
This extreme tense factor never fails!

Scary movies, a group of idiots going to a cabin in the woods, you know people will die. Typically, sluttier the girl, the faster she dies. If she has fake ****, bloody death is on the menu. Dorky/ugly/fat/arrogant ones definitely get killed, usually one of the first ones.

When the good guy(s) is/are getting chased, getting shot and in dire need of help, not a single cop around like they are all in a meeting at Dunkin' Donuts!

The protagonist gets beaten to a pulp yet he hangs in there till that "special" boost (person, flashback, verbal motivation) comes at the very last minute and revives them back to a such a physical and mental condition that their kicks, punches, etc. are much stronger than ever!

Also, bigger the action or suspense, less chance of the good guy(s) having time to eat, sleep and even poop.

[/popcorn]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies