Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Motorcycles, Scooters, ATVs, Boats, Watercrafts, Snowmobiles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2008, 02:49 PM

2,689 posts, read 6,942,917 times

Advertisements

Here ya go, I dug up a pic of my old skool Gixxer (a GSXR600 I had bored out to a 636) I just sold... I currently ride a Yamaha.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y164/canibeyou/citydatagixxer.jpg (broken link)

Don't know if I look hot, LOL... I think I look like a little boy on a bike. I think that's why most people look, they're not used to seeing a little boy on a big bike.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2008, 07:43 PM

947 posts, read 3,413,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canibeyou View Post
Here ya go, I dug up a pic of my old skool Gixxer (a GSXR600 I had bored out to a 636) I just sold... I currently ride a Yamaha.

Don't know if I look hot, LOL... I think I look like a little boy on a bike. I think that's why most people look, they're not used to seeing a little boy on a big bike.

That IS Hot!!!

Yeah, No back seat for Me!

Sport bikes Are Hot, look great and all, But hard on the hands/wrists and back, for long distance travels. Mine is definitley Not a sport bike, guess called standard but is it more sport bike ish...
I too would not feel comfortable of the position of cruisers. And the way they handle those tight Fast turns and Twists that I Love to ride in. Granted, this Is my 1st bike but I love the way I feel on it and how it responds!!!
And anyway I am limited on my choices for almost all Non cruiser bikes... I am Short!!! About 5'3 and so CBR's and GSXR's won't work anyways for me... But if I had a choice (the funds) to have 2 or 3 bikes, And fit on a sport bike, I would get one!!! Thats a lot of Ifs...

Old 10-23-2008, 07:50 PM

947 posts, read 3,413,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Lee View Post
I have to say I don't think I've ever seen a female riding a sport bike. Plenty as passengers, but not as drivers. I'd certainly go out of my way to wave at them.

That photo shows you what happens with street tires in silt-like sand in the Sonoran Desert. Wife was on back and we went down at least three times that day.
Where was this, 4 peaks area!!!????

Several years back I was on the of my boyfriends bike, a 1150GS on 4 Peaks. Part of it was really bad.
We didn't lay it down but geez, kinda sketchy, guess you were going pretty slow....

Old 10-25-2008, 10:18 AM

18,162 posts, read 15,672,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by need4Trees View Post
Why do the Majority of riders on Cruisers Not Wave??? Is it cause I am a Girl!!! I don't get it...!!!

Anyway, I am just on my first bike. Been riding for about 4 years now. I took the Motorcycle Safety course, Great! But still needed a "mentor" for the real world for a while but I ride all the time now!
I love to ride.

Are many of you here weekend riders? Or do you ride very often to work, school, stores, etc?

I try to ride to work most days. I have bags for my Bandit 600S.
Hmmm. the Wave. Lol theres a lot of controversy on that one. i suppose there is a certain amount of schizm between riders of different bikes but actually only about 1% of HDer's have an honest problem with foreign bikes. I wave and wave back most of the time but when on the freeway or in town amongst traffic I usually give a nod of the head rather than taking my hands off the bars. Even after having had a bad stack up I still love to ride. Can't beat the feeling. I'm a LOT more careful now than I was in my younger days....just remember that $12,000 and 12 miles don't make you a rider and you'll have many more safe and enjoyable miles logged in the saddle.

Old 10-25-2008, 01:44 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,377,422 times
Quote:

yeah, it's HOT LOL you got to respect a gal that rides but then you got to respect anyone who will ride on the back, in 30+ years of riding I've only rode on the back a few times, scared the heck out of me

Old 10-25-2008, 06:06 PM

Quote:

Yep Hottern' Death Valley in August lol. Even with the helmet and jumpsuit. So is it true.." Hell hath no fury as a woman with helmet head". .....All about gettin' in the wind aye.

Old 10-31-2008, 01:07 PM

8,176 posts, read 18,562,148 times
So plumber man.....what did you buy?

Old 10-31-2008, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kali's Grandma View Post
So plumber man.....what did you buy?
I'm still lookin'. Rode another Nighttrain, a Road King and a Heritage Soft Tail, and will probably ride a few more before I make up my mind. But it's fun deciding!

Old 11-01-2008, 12:44 AM

3,966 posts, read 10,715,360 times
I don't know on any other company technology, but Kawasaki has some crazy new ABS and traction technology that they are using in a lot of their new bikes. Check the ZX10R for an example.

If i ever get a long journey bug, the bike its going to be is one of the new concours, i love those things.

The 07+ Z1000 is fun to drive once, but i'd rather have a sport bike as a inner city bike. The z1000 throttle is not smooth compared to a sports bike.

Old 11-01-2008, 05:37 AM

91 posts, read 311,970 times
Harleys are for people more worried about being "cool" than being practical.

Ive ridden motorcycles over 37 years. I have owned everything from the first bike (a 50cc honda) to a Triumph Rocket.

Hands down the three Harleys I owned were the worst of the lot.

If you want a bike that costs twice as much as it should and will give you half the power it should just so you can "think" that youre cool then go for it.

We have a friend who rides one and we go on long trips each year. Most times over 2000 miles. He has owned five over the years. Not once have we made a trip where we didnt have to wait somewhere for him to get a issue checked with his bike. Not once in 22 years of these trips has a BMW,Triumph,Honda, Suzuki etc broke down on us.

Get you a decked out anything other than Harley and get more reliability and power in the same style bike and put that other 10 thousand in a vacation fund so you can take a couple really nice long trips
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Motorcycles, Scooters, ATVs, Boats, Watercrafts, Snowmobiles