Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Motorcycles, Scooters, ATVs, Boats, Watercrafts, Snowmobiles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2013, 10:27 AM

2,277 posts, read 3,752,989 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian_M View Post
Havign lived through the debates as well, I entrenched myself firmly in the camp of "who cares, buy what fits best and you'll wear Every time". Thinking that any helmet is better than no helmet and the difference in crash protection Probably won't be one that any individual will ever encounter anyway.

I know that I've only ever owned Snell helmets, wear a size Medium (properly sized), and have crash tested no small number of helmets. I've never even had so much as a concussion, seen spots/stars or suffered for any other head/brain issues. Granted, I've never hit anything other than the ground (pavement, gravel, dirt, etc...), but I've no issues with Snell ratings. It's an academic thing to me, people pissing and moaning over a half of a percent difference somewhere.
I have an HJC that I never wear because it's too bulky, a Scorpion as a backup and a Shoei for everyday riding. I went down in my last Shoei, picked up a concussion but I'm told I hit the ground and guardrail pretty hard (I don't remember any of this lol), but otherwise was just fine. I bought a Shoei to replace it since the insurance company was paying and I figured, the Shoei saved me once, I'll go with what I KNOW works..!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Motorcycles, Scooters, ATVs, Boats, Watercrafts, Snowmobiles