Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Motorcycles, Scooters, ATVs, Boats, Watercrafts, Snowmobiles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2015, 02:16 PM

41,458 posts, read 59,970,913 times

Advertisements

I call the phenomenon perceived Acoustic Horsepower or Velocity depending on whether the bike/car is idling or actually moving.

BTE - Went for first ride today as well as getting inspection sticker.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2015, 02:22 PM

3,062 posts, read 7,062,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crf450ish View Post
Oh wow another crybaby thread about loud exhausts. You know Ive found my own solution to people who whine about people having fun on their ATVs and ORVs and dirtbikes.....EARPLUGS!, because I'm a motocross rider who occasionally starts my bike up at home.....My neighbor always comes flying out of his house waving his arms and making him self look like he's a having a seizure because I fired my bike up for 3 mins(thats it, just barely ran it). So I politely placed a few packs of ear plugs in his mailbox.

http://3mcollision.com/media/catalog...d-Earplugs.jpg

Put these in if you dont wanna hear loud exhausts...
You expect your neighbors to constantly wear earplugs in the off chance that you might start your motorcycle, sometime, for just a few minutes?

Old 05-14-2015, 03:53 PM

142 posts, read 538,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crf450ish View Post
Oh wow another crybaby thread about loud exhausts. You know Ive found my own solution to people who whine about people having fun on their ATVs and ORVs and dirtbikes.....EARPLUGS!, because I'm a motocross rider who occasionally starts my bike up at home.....My neighbor always comes flying out of his house waving his arms and making him self look like he's a having a seizure because I fired my bike up for 3 mins(thats it, just barely ran it). So I politely placed a few packs of ear plugs in his mailbox.

http://3mcollision.com/media/catalog...d-Earplugs.jpg

Put these in if you dont wanna hear loud exhausts...

Nothing like having a wife or loved one with cancer hoping for a little bit of peace of quiet and maybe get a couple hours of sleep when the house shakes from a group of 40-70 year olds going on age 15 with ILLEGAL exhaust systems making a "statement". I am really impressed how "manly" they appear in their costumes. "Here little sick wife, stick these plugs in your ears. A gift from the "It's All About Me Club".

Old 05-14-2015, 04:20 PM

47,074 posts, read 26,198,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles22 View Post
You expect your neighbors to constantly wear earplugs in the off chance that you might start your motorcycle, sometime, for just a few minutes?
Of course - it's his world, everybody else just lives in it. This is what happens when people grow up without once encountering a stern kindergarten teacher.

Old 05-21-2015, 12:49 PM

554 posts, read 1,064,116 times
How do riders with these loud exhausts not go deaf? Between the exhaust and wind noise with no helmet or a half helmet on the highway, that's got to kill your hearing after a few years. I doubt many wear ear plugs.

Old 06-12-2015, 04:20 PM

925 posts, read 1,339,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veloman777 View Post
How do riders with these loud exhausts not go deaf? Between the exhaust and wind noise with no helmet or a half helmet on the highway, that's got to kill your hearing after a few years. I doubt many wear ear plugs.
Its a big hole between their ears. I secretly do hope the loud obnoxious exhaust guys crash.

Old 06-12-2015, 04:24 PM

925 posts, read 1,339,385 times
In regards to safety, isnt there better measures light having a light on during day or night or not riding like a jerk. I ride a bicycle thru los angeles w a blinky front and rear light. When i ride like a jerk , i realize i have a bigger chance of getting crush by accident too.

Old 06-15-2015, 03:18 PM

281 posts, read 370,511 times

Old 06-21-2015, 05:03 PM

2 posts, read 2,158 times
I have seen estimates that as many as 90 percent of Harley owners have illegally modified their exhausts. This is not a "few bad apples" we are talking about but the overwhelming majority of Harley riders, though they are not the only culprits. I don't think an across the board ban on these bikes would be unfair considering the harm they do. Maybe it will "wake up" (no irony intended) some of these self-centered, attention-seeking jackrabbits to the fact there is a limit to how much anti-social BS people are willing to tolerate.

If you don't want a ban then you had better start showing some respect for other people's rights and obey the law. The pendulum is definitely swinging in the direction of zero tolerance and many communities have now banned all bikes outright due to the obnoxious behavior of many riders.

Old 06-22-2015, 09:43 AM

281 posts, read 370,511 times
Don't forget that most of those mods involve removing a catalytic converter.

You don't even have to buy into "climate change" to see how this is a bad thing; just take a look at the haze that lingers around just about any city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Motorcycles, Scooters, ATVs, Boats, Watercrafts, Snowmobiles