Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Motorcycles, Scooters, ATVs, Boats, Watercrafts, Snowmobiles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2011, 07:32 AM

14 posts, read 32,224 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupert_Baehr View Post
Aren't Honda Goldwings manufactured in the US? - A friend (who has one) said Wings are American, Harleys are foreign made.

True or false?
False, Honda moved it's motorcycle assembly back to Japan in 2008
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2011, 01:13 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,294,648 times
Harleys aren't foreign-made, but some of their components are.

Old 03-28-2011, 02:49 PM

10,260 posts, read 21,863,580 times
Are Triumphs made in China? A salesman at the Triumph shop in Villa Park told me they are.

Old 03-29-2011, 03:16 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,294,648 times
I don't think so, although Triumph might have a plant in China for domestic sales. Anyway, I hope the bikes for sale in North America are made in England.

Old 03-31-2011, 01:28 PM

4,858 posts, read 7,654,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishtom29 View Post
Are Triumphs made in China? A salesman at the Triumph shop in Villa Park told me they are.

India.

Old 05-05-2011, 04:33 PM

8,494 posts, read 13,613,097 times
I much rather have the parts made here (instead of India or China) and put together elsewhere else IF one of them has to be outsourced. Inferiority of things made in China/India, imho, is typically the quality of the material used not the labor.
Shame about all those outsourcing. Either those corrupt, greedy government heads are getting a lucrative kickback for their allowance of outsourcing or there are other entities that are running the show and calling the shots which is the likely case imo.

Old 07-28-2012, 10:11 PM

1 posts, read 588 times
The Triumph Modern classics are assembled in Thailand. The engines are made in England. I have a 2010 Bonneville t100. Bought it brand new. Put 21,500 miles on her. No problems.

Old 07-31-2012, 08:14 AM

5,787 posts, read 4,736,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishtom29 View Post
That salesman should be reported to Triumph for being so stupid as to not know where they are made!

That's downright ridiculous.

Most Triumphs are built in either England, Thailand, or (not as many) in India. But they are expanding their Indian plant and will be producing many more there.

Indian labor is actually very skilled...I've seen them doing the hand pin-striping. Whoever does the paint on your tank also signs it when it's done.

Triumph production numbers are to increase 10 fold.

Old 08-03-2012, 08:14 AM

36 posts, read 66,796 times
Default Where are Triumphs made?

Triumph motorcycles are assembled in two different locations. The primary manufacturing and assembly plant is in Henckly, England, and there is an assembly plant in Thailand. It is important to note that the Thailand plant is simply an assembly location. All parts for the Triumph are manufactured in England.

Triumph has so many different models available now that they cannot do all of the assembly in England as they do not have the floor space or manpower to meet the worlds demand for their motorcycles.

Triumph is one of those stories that saw the brand die, I think in 1973, then was bought by a private investor and made an outstanding resurgence.

Their sales figures are indeed up, and that is due to the quality of their product and their customer care network. I have owned almost every brand of motorcycle, except HD, and I can say that the Triumph 1050 Tiger that I have is hands down the best bike I have ever owned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Motorcycles, Scooters, ATVs, Boats, Watercrafts, Snowmobiles