Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2008, 07:38 PM

5,224 posts, read 5,019,446 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendell Phillips View Post
Don't listen to these people; seek legal advice.
Thank you Wendell..

I am and will seek legal advice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2008, 10:11 PM

3,459 posts, read 5,801,503 times
TristansMommy,

Over the last day, I've spent what seems like an hour reading your posts, which must have taken many, many hours to write. If you want to get ahead, get away from the computer and use that time to earn some money.

If you can't afford a house on Long Island, you can always do what everybody else has to do when they're priced out of a neighborhood. You move to someplace where you can afford to live. There are still some areas of the country where a couple can pay off a starter house in five years.

Old 04-16-2008, 10:28 PM
GLS

1,985 posts, read 5,383,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristansMommy View Post
To GLS: . .none of this is really any of yoru business.
I don't recall asking for your family history. I could care less. I asked you to specify one thing that you have done that is effective, instead of listing all the reasons you are helpless.

Quote:
YOu know nothing about my spending habits nor my lifestyle.
I don't presume to know anything about your spending habits or your lifestyle. You are the one offering the rather eloquent argument that you can't meet your financial obligations.

You can take solace in that I will offer no further posts on this thread. Suffice it to say, you are firmly entrenched in a loser position.

Old 04-17-2008, 06:52 AM

2,197 posts, read 7,399,319 times
I couldn't agree with you more, GLS! She is in a loser position. Poor decisions and greed are coming home to roost.

As for the solution, TristansMommy, drag out your suitcases and go to the grocery to pick up some free cardboard boxes. They will be very helpful when you pack up. If you don't default now, you'll default later, because you're in a home you can't afford and you seem totally unwilling to exert any efforts toward keeping it. Dave Ramsey will tell you the same things people have said on this thread-- cut costs, get a second job, work hard instead of whining on the computer all day.

There's a difference between deserving, needing and wanting. Guess where you fall? And guess how much the banks and your fellow taxpayers care?

I, too, am done with you, so continue your kvetch therapy all you want to anybody else who will "listen." I sincerely hope you enjoy that dream apartment in PA!

Old 04-17-2008, 06:59 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,681,571 times
I had a tiny drop of sympathy until you said you wanted them to lower your interest rate to a lower rate than what you started out with, because the price of gas and groceries is going up!

We went stated as well due to self employment but got a FIXED loan after they tried to sell the hell out of an ARM to us. We got a higher interest rate because of it. We simply refused to take an adjustable mortgage. We asked lots of questions. We decided we would not be buying a house if all we qualified for was an adjustable rate mortgage.

I'm feeling the pinch from higher prices as well, but I don't expect my interest rate to be lowered!

What about taking on a PT Job to cover benefits and some extra $$$ towards rising costs? That's what I've done to bank some money and pay off some debt (in addition to my FT job).

Old 04-17-2008, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodbyehollywood View Post
I couldn't agree with you more, GLS! She is in a loser position. Poor decisions and greed are coming home to roost.

As for the solution, TristansMommy, drag out your suitcases and go to the grocery to pick up some free cardboard boxes. They will be very helpful when you pack up. If you don't default now, you'll default later, because you're in a home you can't afford and you seem totally unwilling to exert any efforts toward keeping it. Dave Ramsey will tell you the same things people have said on this thread-- cut costs, get a second job, work hard instead of whining on the computer all day.

There's a difference between deserving, needing and wanting. Guess where you fall? And guess how much the banks and your fellow taxpayers care?

I, too, am done with you, so continue your kvetch therapy all you want to anybody else who will "listen." I sincerely hope you enjoy that dream apartment in PA!

I cna't afford my house/??.I CAN and have for the past 2 1/2 years.. waht I can't afford is the interest rate adjustments with the ARM!! Twit.

As for what I have done.. I have done LOTS to try and get the situations fixed.. nothing is working. I have tried from every angle possible WITHOUT trying to go to government programs. I can't possibly work any more or make anymore money than I am .. it's impossible. I've also been communicating with the lender extensively..among other things..

NOW.. I'm left with NO OTHER CHOICE but to consult with an attoreny about a possible Chapter 13 and how to walk away from this situation..

I'm not greedy in the least and NOWHERE on my posts does it indicate that I am.. I've said it again and again.. i want to pay my mortgaeg.. I want to stay in my home.. GREED is someone that CAN meet the obligation but walks away simply because it's not convenient.. because their house is worth LESS than they owe.. THAT IS GREEDY and SELFISH!

Old 04-17-2008, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
I had a tiny drop of sympathy until you said you wanted them to lower your interest rate to a lower rate than what you started out with, because the price of gas and groceries is going up!

We went stated as well due to self employment but got a FIXED loan after they tried to sell the hell out of an ARM to us. We got a higher interest rate because of it. We simply refused to take an adjustable mortgage. We asked lots of questions. We decided we would not be buying a house if all we qualified for was an adjustable rate mortgage.

I'm feeling the pinch from higher prices as well, but I don't expect my interest rate to be lowered!

What about taking on a PT Job to cover benefits and some extra $$$ towards rising costs? That's what I've done to bank some money and pay off some debt (in addition to my FT job).
Newtoli..I said I woudl ASK or TRY for that..in hte hopes of getting it to STAY at the introductory.. which was 6.95% ...

Did you not read my analogy

Old 04-17-2008, 07:31 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,681,571 times
Quote:
Newtoli..I said I woudl ASK or TRY for that..in hte hopes of getting it to STAY at the introductory.. which was 6.95% ...

Did you not read my analogy
I read this:

Quote:
Well .. I could afford my current.. but i could also use some breathing room.. It's tight.. and with the cost of everything else shoothing through the roof... I'm not looking for much more room.. but a little more.. heating oil was over $150 more a month than last year.. and my grocery bill.. gadzooks!!
i will be happy if I could just get it at the introductory rate.. but to get it down below that slightly.. not much.. would certainly be better. .. again.. would just try and the best I could hope for is to have it stay at the introductory.
Have you considered a 2nd job? I know you said you help your husband at his business. I don't know how much that brings in, but I'd suggest getting a 2nd job and then plugging away until you can sell or refi.

Old 04-17-2008, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlinggirl View Post
TristansMommy,

Over the last day, I've spent what seems like an hour reading your posts, which must have taken many, many hours to write. If you want to get ahead, get away from the computer and use that time to earn some money.

If you can't afford a house on Long Island, you can always do what everybody else has to do when they're priced out of a neighborhood. You move to someplace where you can afford to live. There are still some areas of the country where a couple can pay off a starter house in five years.
I can afford my house..what I can't afford is the ARM mortgage!

Yes, I should have left LI.. but it's where I grew up.. it's the only place I knew..

As for earnign some money.. i happen to be a big multi tasker.. and am always working... and so I am doing both.. this board and my work.. but I don't have to explain that to you!

Old 04-17-2008, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLS View Post
I don't recall asking for your family history. I could care less. I asked you to specify one thing that you have done that is effective, instead of listing all the reasons you are helpless.

I don't presume to know anything about your spending habits or your lifestyle. You are the one offering the rather eloquent argument that you can't meet your financial obligations.

You can take solace in that I will offer no further posts on this thread. Suffice it to say, you are firmly entrenched in a loser position.
I'm glad..don't post anymore..you had nothing to offer to the question at hand anyway.. accept your judgement and self righteous attitude sitting from your high horse!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages