Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2013, 07:39 PM

1 posts, read 2,873 times

Advertisements

I'm in the process of doing a streamline and ran into a snag. I currently have Wells Fargo and they are streamlining and the lawyer came back and was questioning a 2nd mortgage showing up on my title from 1997.
We purchased our home in Sept 1996
In Jan 1997 we got a second mortgage. It paid for the pool, shed, and other things. This second mortgage was through company called First Equity funding Ltd.
In July 2000 we refinanced with a company called Green Tree Financial.
I can do a Deed Search and see the 1st mortgage was Paid in Full. But this 2nd mortgage I do not see the Deed of Trust as Paid in Full.
Both of these mortgage's were refinanced as a single loan through Green Tree.

And since that refinance, we have refinanced again, and then streamlined that loan.

Now we are trying to streamline again to get a lower rate and they are saying this 2nd mortgage is showing up now as a lien on my title work.

I googled this mortgage lender and found 3 phone numbers
One is disconnected
Another goes to a mailbox #
3rd rings once and says no one is available to leave a message.

Wells Fargo knows it was paid off because it's not on my credit history and I would never have been able to refinance 2-3 times if it was on my title.

Per the Deed of Trust it was a 15 year 2nd mortgage and it's pay-off date was Jan 2012. So the only thing I can thing of is since this date passed and it was not marked paid in full it turned into a lien.

What can I do to remove this from my title? it's the only thing holding up the streamline.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2013, 05:31 AM

835 posts, read 3,986,830 times
Real easy- you don't have to do anything the lender and attorney should be doing it.

They should treat it like its open because on thats how its showing, Order a payoff and close it down at clsoing of new loan just as you would if there was a $100 balance and the lender said they wanted it paid and closed down as a condition of the new loan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages