Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Montreal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2017, 01:37 AM

14,734 posts, read 15,204,020 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesgale View Post
Haha alrighty guys eaaaaasy there. I thought people in Canada were laid back, but by reading your guys responses I've been taken back a little bit. I don't understand why you people think you can change my decision, I'm LETTING my kid go up to Canada with his friends because he has BUILT my trust for the last 17 years. If I had a bad feeling about this I would absolutely not let him. I asked a simple question and I appreciate Acajack's response, however you other people really need to settle down. I didn't know Border Control ran so many accounts on the Montreal thread, haha. I've been up to Canada several times and let me tell you all something, they're not going to deny anyone entry so don't try to be a tough guy and tell me that they're going to be sent home. I think the hostility might be coming because the Bruins are better than the Canadiens, but that's just my guess.
You told us that you're sending your underage son into our country to do things that are illegal and you asked if this could be a serious problem for him. You never thought to ask if your lack of consideration and disrespect for Canada might be a serious problem for Canadians.

It seems like you were hoping that we would all encourage this and say "Yeah, sure, it's all cool, send your boy up here to break the laws of our country". Then you get all pissy with us because people POLITELY and without censure tell you the truth and you aren't getting the thumbs up and an 'atta boy' pat on the back for your lack of parental responsibility.

Why did you even bother to post about this here if you'd already given in to your kid and made up your mind to let him go?

I think you are not too bright, and not a sensible, responsible parent. I wish your boy good luck in the future, he's going to need it.

Last edited by Zoisite; 03-02-2017 at 02:28 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2017, 02:04 AM

14,734 posts, read 15,204,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aery11 View Post

..... my truck was very thoroughly searched. Everything was emptied out and examined carefully by two rather big stern officers. Border officers are currently looking for drugs - fentanyl in particular ... which I gather can come in very tiny grains (each more than enough to kill a person) so it is not easy to spot so they must look inside everything carefully. They always do watch for drugs etc. but this particular one has them on a real kick right now since so many younger people have died using it lately........
Nobody is immune to being stopped and thoroughly searched these days.

It has been fentanyl has been such a problem for over a year, but as if that's not bad enough, in the past 3 months now they have been finding a lot more carfentanil coming into Canada from USA and China. It's been confirmed in Montreal, Toronto, Hamilton, Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver, Nanaimo.

Carfentanil is 100 times more potent than fentanyl, and 10,000 times more potent than morphine. It's being found spiked into all manner of street drugs, pot, alcohol at bars and nightclubs, even party snacks and the stuff is deadly. So at all the border crossings now they are putting even more effort into searching people's vehicles and luggage and personal effects for anything that might contain carfentanil.

Old 03-02-2017, 03:19 AM

26,928 posts, read 38,250,099 times
Regarding the group getting across the border:

Everytime I stay in a Montreal hotel on a weekend it seems like the rest of the patrons are mostly groups of young Americans unfortunately doing the exact same thing as this gang proposes to do, so obviously most of these types of groups do succeed in getting across the border. (Note that the group are all over 18 except one, so they're not "boys" anymore.)

Obviously it's an extremely good idea to not have any drugs at all in the car, nor any weapons of any kind (guns, knives, etc.). You don't need any of these in Montreal anyway.

I try to be as non-judgemental as possible in my responses, and based them only on how things will likely go for the OP's son and his friends.

I would also assume that upwards of 95% of young American men who come to Montreal for a "boys weekend" don't end up in jail or have any contact with the police at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Montreal