Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Montreal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2016, 05:03 PM

26,872 posts, read 37,997,315 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by netwit View Post
Woah. I think I'm going to saunter out of here and right on back to the kitchen....
Need some knives sharpened? Dr. Shouts appears to have the right equipment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2016, 05:13 PM

104 posts, read 93,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
Except for those from France (for which there is an explanation as I said), Quebec holds onto its immigrants who speak French as well or better than the rest of Canada holds onto its immigrants who speak English.

But don't let me distract you from grinding that axe.
50% of the French immigrants leave within 8 years. The number gets higher with 10, 15, or 20 years. Are you saying English Canada is worse? If so, do you have proof?

Old 03-29-2016, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Shouts View Post
50% of the French immigrants leave within 8 years. The number gets higher with 10, 15, or 20 years. Are you saying English Canada is worse? If so, do you have proof?
What I am saying is there is likely no significant difference in the departure rates from Quebec of Haitians, Moroccans, Algerians, Lebanese, etc. (all of whom tend to speak French), compared to the departure rates from English Canada of Indians, Pakistanis, Jamaicans, etc. (all of whom tend to speak English).

If anything those franco-oriented immigrants may even stay here slightly more given that they often don't have the English skills to try and make it in the US.

The only exception are the French, who don't tend to move to Anglo-Canada as much as they simply go back to France. As I said earlier, they're an exception in that they are from a first world country that's a pretty good place to go back to.

Old 03-29-2016, 05:28 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,274,165 times
Quote:

I already answered these questions. Look through my previous posts and you'll get the answers. I won't repeat myself.
I'm not about to read through 118 posts to find the answer to a simple query i just dont care that much., I'll just assume you've never been to Quebec, and you dont speak French and all your supposed experience on the issue is coming from Blogs,forums and probably a little Rush Limbaugh thrown into the mix.
Please proceed with your misogynist rantings concerning Quebec.

Old 03-29-2016, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
What I am saying is there is likely no significant difference in the departure rates from Quebec of Haitians, Moroccans, Algerians, Lebanese, etc. (all of whom tend to speak French), compared to the departure rates from English Canada of Indians, Pakistanis, Jamaicans, etc. (all of whom tend to speak English).

If anything those franco-oriented immigrants may even stay here slightly more given that they often don't have the English skills to try and make it in the US.

The only exception are the French, who don't tend to move to Anglo-Canada as much as they simply go back to France. As I said earlier, they're an exception in that they are from a first world country that's a pretty good place to go back to.
So you don't have any proof to back up your claim that English Canada holds their English immigrants equal to or worse than Quebec?

Old 03-29-2016, 06:36 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,477,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
I'm not about to read through 118 posts to find the answer to a simple query i just dont care that much., I'll just assume you've never been to Quebec, and you dont speak French and all your supposed experience on the issue is coming from Blogs,forums and probably a little Rush Limbaugh thrown into the mix.
Please proceed with your misogynist rantings concerning Quebec.
Ain't he a bute?

Feminists are the bane of his and all his friends existence. He's read on various nonsense sites that Quebec is "matriarchal" so he therefore leaps to the province, in it's entirety, being Feminist. Gosh, no silly assumptions there, eh?

That's just gotta be the reason why all those French folks who came to Quebec left; they just couldn't stand the female dominatrix's running the province.

Ya just cannot make this chit up!

Old 03-30-2016, 01:35 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,274,165 times
Slamming Canada Quebec in this case with obscure derogatory vacuous nonsense seems to be an on going trend that we see all too often on the forum from many of our neighbors to the south.
In this case i think our Dr Shouts could give a good debate on many issues but a topic based on a total misconception like people leaving Quebec due to feminism is either satire or delusion.

Old 03-30-2016, 07:08 AM

You people are touchy about any negative talk about Quebec. Obviously, a thread about failures of French immigration is going to have negative talk about Quebec. So why are you here?

Old 03-30-2016, 07:37 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,477,951 times
Quote:
You people are touchy about any negative talk about Quebec. Obviously, a thread about failures of French immigration is going to have negative talk about Quebec. So why are you here?
And here you are again with yet another false assumption.

Does this not ever get old for you?

Now onto those negatives about Quebec. You seem to put all your eggs in the blog basket; here's one you should perhaps read:

France-Canada Transitions: Why Canada Is A Top Destination for French Immigrants ← FW Canada

Gee, not a word about how women of Quebec are "frigid" and refuse to immediately engage when facebooked by trolls. Methinks you're just getting the basics wrong; like perhaps calling them "chicks".

Since you attach so much relevance to the superficial, let me help you out with this offering:

17 science-backed ways men can appear more attractive to women | Love & Sex | Lifestyle | The Independent

There ya go; grow a thin beard, buy a Bently, lease an apartment you cannot afford, listen to smooth music, walk a dog wear a red jacket and you should be good to go.

Old 03-30-2016, 08:21 AM

Quote:
One thing you likely fail to realize is that many of your critics on here who are telling you you're full of it are often harsh critics of Quebec on here. They don't mince words with Quebec - when they think Quebec deserves it.

Bottom line is that demographics are always in a state of flux with innumerable variables. Lots of people seem to want to come to and stay in Quebec as its population continues to grow in spite of the fact that the birth rate is below the natural replacement threshold.

Quebec's population grows by about 1% a year which is comparable to that of the U.S. and higher than a majority of U.S. states.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Montreal