Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Montreal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2013, 01:01 PM

34 posts, read 106,470 times

Advertisements

so i live in south florida but always wanted to see olympic stadium because i think its cool so im going to the mets bluejays game in march (big mets fan also so it fills 2 needs)

didnt realize though that they dont speak english there so is it gonna be a pain for me trying to get around and going into stores

i tried to buy tickets over the phone yesterday and the dude only spoke french and started yelling at me and then hung up when i said can u get me some english ppl on the phone
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2013, 01:13 PM

1,264 posts, read 3,864,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem213 View Post
so i live in south florida but always wanted to see olympic stadium because i think its cool so im going to the mets bluejays game in march (big mets fan also so it fills 2 needs)

didnt realize though that they dont speak english there so is it gonna be a pain for me trying to get around and going into stores

i tried to buy tickets over the phone yesterday and the dude only spoke french and started yelling at me and then hung up when i said can u get me some english ppl on the phone

Blue Jays Tickets - Blue Jays Montreal 2014 at Olympic Stadium - 514-Tickets.com

sorry, I'm not a talkative person.

Old 12-10-2013, 01:15 PM

26,883 posts, read 38,115,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem213 View Post

Hard to believe as the Mets-Jays tickets are being sold through Evenko, which is owned by the same family that owns the Montreal Canadiens, and who are the Englih-speaking Molson family (though they also speak French of course).

Evenko is also the ticket agent for several venues in English-speaking cities in Atlantic Canada like St. John's, Halifax, Sydney, etc. so obviously they would have lots of English-speaking agents on hand to serve people.

As I said, really hard to believe this story.

Old 12-10-2013, 02:37 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,393,577 times
I dont think you'll have much trouble getting around Montreal as most people can speak both languages and enough signs are bilingual that you wont have a problem.
Rather curious that some one responsible for selling tickets to the N American market would be unilingual French, i'd try to make a complaint to his boss as incidents like this send a very negative message to those thinking of coming to our city.

Old 12-10-2013, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
I dont think you'll have much trouble getting around Montreal as most people can speak both languages and enough signs are bilingual that you wont have a problem.
Rather curious that some one responsible for selling tickets to the N American market would be unilingual French, i'd try to make a complaint to his boss as incidents like this send a very negative message to those thinking of coming to our city.
It's the Habs' organization jambo - so you have to know this allegation is BS.

Old 12-10-2013, 03:41 PM

I was giving our op some benefit of the doubt but it certainly sounds odd that some one selling tickets to some one from Florida would make a linguistic issue out of it and choose to only speak French.

Old 12-10-2013, 05:02 PM

7,363 posts, read 8,430,130 times
Yeah lets give the OP the benefit of the doubt.

When your in Montreal, Just stop by 696 St Catherine st west and you'll be able to meet other americans there. Its the best thing to do before you go wandering around the streets.

Old 12-10-2013, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLuis View Post

I doubt the OP is deserving of any benefits.

Old 12-11-2013, 12:21 AM

Quote:

When your in Montreal, Just stop by 696 St Catherine st west and you'll be able to meet other americans there. Its the best thing to do before you go wandering around the streets.
Club super sexe?

Whether the op is having us on or not?
After a 9 day ban about this time last year for calling some one a troll i now try to avoid using the designation and now use some measure of tact in these types of topics..

Old 12-11-2013, 12:38 AM

1,395 posts, read 2,528,924 times
Quote:

Bravo, UrbanLuis! Bravo!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Montreal