Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Montreal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2013, 02:24 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,274,165 times

Advertisements

No one is angry and foaming at the mouth as far as i'm concerned although habfan seems to have some deep-seated issues,,we're just exchanging generic viewpoints and opinions from the opposing sides of the Canadian mosaic because we aint got nothing better to do at the moment,dont take it too personally because for the most part i'm not really talking to you insomuch as i'm addressing a certain way of thinking in Quebec that you represent just as when you address my posts hopefully its the Anglo Quebecker/Canadian you are addressing as i'm just bringing up points of view that many find important, I doubt either one of us would waste our time with this on going banter if we didnt derive some pleasure or entertainment in the back and forth nature of our debates.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2013, 02:24 PM

26,872 posts, read 37,997,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Are you and Habfanman one and the same fer cry'n out loud? He not only bought into it but revels in it. Who brought up the obfuscating, off topic, native plight in the first place?

Habfanman resorts to that wonderful deflection along with a not so subtle referrence to us old Cane Bangers and we're the ones foaming at the mouth?

Your cynical ability to overlook anything and everything amoral originating in defense against any detractors of your precious bill 101 is astounding in it's narrowmindedness

Cripes.
While we don't see eye to eye on everything, the funny thing is that neither of us is originally from Quebec.

Old 07-04-2013, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
While we don't see eye to eye on everything, the funny thing is that neither of us is originally from Quebec.
Also not born in Quebec..

Old 07-04-2013, 03:21 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,477,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
And that doesn't have the slightest thing to do with any of this nor should it.

I cannot for the life of me see the relevance of constantly reminding anyone discussing this that because they are not Quebecers their postion viv-a-vis a perceived discriminatory language bill has no bearing or basis.

Deriding people for that reason or for merely being elderly seems immature and beneath you. You provide reasoned discourse 6 times out of ten but then you perpetrate or defend this stuff and it makes one scratch their heads in wonder.

What is the salient point of discussion with this thread?

Quebec signage as being applied by bill 101 through the language police or relevant agency whatever it's called.

A whole myriad of issues grows like mushrooms out of that in attempts to provide rationale for that law with the latest being the native reservations plight thrown out like some 23rd hour, case breaking, piece of DNA evidence.

No one has provided any "foaming at the mouth" ammunition lest it be the one who suggest we'd all be better off if "cane bangers" would just keep their traps shut regardless if they are Canadian and perceive an injustice taking place. Do I really need to acquire any more legitimacy with you or anyone else other than being a citizen?

Old 07-04-2013, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
No one is angry and foaming at the mouth as far as i'm concerned although habfan seems to have some deep-seated issues,,we're just exchanging generic viewpoints and opinions from the opposing sides of the Canadian mosaic because we aint got nothing better to do at the moment,dont take it too personally because for the most part i'm not really talking to you insomuch as i'm addressing a certain way of thinking in Quebec that you represent just as when you address my posts hopefully its the Anglo Quebecker/Canadian you are addressing as i'm just bringing up points of view that many find important, I doubt either one of us would waste our time with this on going banter if we didnt derive some pleasure or entertainment in the back and forth nature of our debates.
Well holy moly Jim, you just described the genesis of debating in it's truist sense! It should be entertaining for onlookers and it should also be a bit of fun for the protagonists while attempting to make a point or two.

Old 07-04-2013, 03:31 PM

869 posts, read 1,124,190 times
Quote:
You are softening up Jambo....dont go PQ on us now LOL

Oh and BruSan is not to be messed with , he has definitely been around the block

Old 07-04-2013, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonsereed View Post
You are softening up Jambo....dont go PQ on us now LOL
I just dont like to see good discussions degenerate into personal name calling and personal attacks as its rather juvenile and really serves no advancement of the topic,
Also you dont have to worry about me getting soft i'll continue to broadcast what i believe to be injustices perpetrated on the Quebec minorities by a Xenophobic separatist government.
Still wondering what a cane banger is though ..

Old 07-04-2013, 04:27 PM

Quote:
I just dont like to see good discussions degenerate into personal name calling and personal attacks as its rather juvenile and really serves no advancement of the topic,
Also you dont have to worry about me getting soft i'll continue to broadcast what i believe to be injustices perpetrated on the Quebec minorities by a Xenophobic separatist government.
Still wondering what a cane banger is though ..
I think I got that one figured out with a little cryptic help from A/J who suggested it might be a simple reference to an age demogrphic characterized by the carrying of a cane and one can imagine in a fit pf pique endowed with the frustration of being too old to do anything other than thump your cane on the ground in a effort to stifle opposition..

I get too old so as to have to resort to thumping a stick I'll consign myself to the scrap heap.

Old 07-04-2013, 04:45 PM

Back to original topic, one can imagine that with the Language police's dedication to carrying out the minutia of linguistic intolerance Anglo signage or even falsely perceived Anglo signage in any neighborhood is strictly curtailed as fines for non compliance can be stiff.
Trouble brewing with Quebec language police for a Montreal ‘caffe’ | Globalnews.ca

Old 07-04-2013, 05:09 PM

Unless reason and civility return to the fore and the churlish bullying gets consigned to the past; these examples will arrive on the Quebec political scene like the frequent and sometimes embarrassing offering from sea gulls.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Montreal