Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Montreal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2012, 02:28 PM

15 posts, read 32,877 times

Advertisements

I am applying through the IEC for the year travil work permit. Now, I know that quebec is different. To be able to work here, I must apply through the IEC for the work permit for Canada. But it also says I need to apply for a quebec work permit seperately. The site says that at port of entry, an officer will then present you with your work permit as long as all your papers are in order.

Will I get left into Quebec without having a work permit for montreal, but the visa/permit from the IEC?

"A temporary resident visa is a counterfoil or sticker placed in a passport or travel document which allows certain foreign nationals to travel to Canada. A permit is a document which confirms that the foreign national is authorized to work or study in Canada. One or both may be required and one cannot be a substitute for the other. As an Irish citizen applying to the IEC initiative, you are applying for a work permit and not a visa or study permit"

As quoted from the site. Thanks for any responses in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2012, 04:08 PM

15 posts, read 32,877 times
**No worries, I'll be left into Canada either way since I'm irish. I can then apply for a work permit**
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Montreal