Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Montreal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2011, 03:19 PM

1 posts, read 1,348 times

Advertisements

Hi,
I'm moving to Montreal next week. I've been given two furnished 1 bedroom apartment options.
1. 3468 Drummond - close to McGill campus
2. 888 St Francois Xavier - close to old port.

I'm a 26 year old, male, young professional. Please help me you choose one. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2011, 03:35 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,369,632 times
I cant think of a negative to either place. Try Google street views to get a better feel for the particular buildings and neighborhoods they are in..
At this point i'd toss a coin,
Probably going to be more busier and younger crowd in the Drummond locale as its just around the corner from Mcgill wheres as the St Francois Xavier locale would be closer to the nightlife of old Mtl, but a quieter street to live on.. both locales are walkable to downtown.

Old 09-27-2011, 10:35 PM

1,264 posts, read 3,864,071 times
Mountain Place Apartments
3468 rue Drummond

for a 2-bed unit, there is an in-suite washer/dryer
you might want to double-check if there is one in a 1-bed unit

888 St Francois Xavier
kitchen is more modern and has better appliances
nice bathroom too

Interior Attributes: Fridge, Air Conditioning, Stove, Microwave
FULLY FURNISHED: bed linen & towels, washing machine, iron & ironing board, hairdryer, air-conditioning, oven, fridge-freezer, toaster, pots & pans, TV, DVD, player, stereo, radio, dryer machine, dishwasher, entrance security camera system, shower, microwave, heating, bathtub, telephone, elevator, king size bed, internet, gym, chimney

Years ago I had to move 3 times, because I wasn't smart enough to ask for advice online then.

Old 10-03-2011, 02:06 AM

4,865 posts, read 10,537,463 times
I know both streets very well, my cousin used to live to live on Drummond. It depends on your desired lifestyle. St. Francois Xavier is a street that is hundreds of years old, cobblestoned, quiet, and very romantic. When people say "nightlife" they're referring to the pricey restaurants and thetres in the area, but it's pretty far to go to a grocery store, book shop, or the other things you'd practically want for everyday life. Drummond is downtown Montreal so it's the opposite. Modern skyscrapers and the hustle and bustle of a young, vibrant area. You will however be near bars, regular restaurants, movie theatres, shopping malls, the metro and stuff like that. So it depends on your lifestyle. How old are you? Do you have a car? What do you want to do for fun?

Old 10-03-2011, 10:33 AM

218 posts, read 510,367 times
I don't like McGill ghetto-- noisy, cheap, many air-headed students, fine if you're 18-25 (or more, but still stuck in high school mentality), not a good place to live for someone mature. I'd prefer close to old port.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Montreal