Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2009, 04:05 PM

11 posts, read 45,969 times

Advertisements

Going to be in Butte for 1 night in May. Hoping to find a clean and nice hotel to stay in. Any ideas?
Also, what is to do there for day with grade school kids?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2009, 04:29 PM

155 posts, read 715,099 times
Go to the Berkley pit, go to the college, tour the mineral museum, tour the mining museum, there is lot's of park's, go to the city visitor center, go to the lady of the Rockies, they have a minor leage hockey team, minor leage BBall team if they are playing at that time, lot's of things to do, lot's of places to stay just search Butte hotels.... There is the Holiday Inn, Best Western , Comfort Inn, Hampton Inn, Super 8, Days Inn, War Bonnet Motel.... that is just to name a few. Super 8 is probably the cheapest.

Old 03-31-2009, 09:15 PM

8,090 posts, read 15,169,229 times
Found this article: From pit stop to destination: Advocates say Butte has potential to capture more tourism dollars | Missoula.com Magazine (http://www.missoula.com/news/node/257 - broken link)

Whoa, almost four million tourists came to Butte last year?!!!

Hey, I remember the War Bonnet motels.. aren't there several? I found a picture of one but that's not the logo *I* remember!

Old 04-01-2009, 03:09 PM

War Bonnet Inn in Billings... on the south side though... ... Best Western War Bonnet Inn in Miles City too.

The one in Butte used to be a Red Lion then it switched to something else before becoming a War Bonnet Hotel. You talking about the logo with the mountains and the sun w/ somewhat head dress type of ray's on it. Go to google and type "Butte War Bonnet Motel".

Old 04-01-2009, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtboy View Post
War Bonnet Inn in Billings... on the south side though... ... Best Western War Bonnet Inn in Miles City too.

The one in Butte used to be a Red Lion then it switched to something else before becoming a War Bonnet Hotel. You talking about the logo with the mountains and the sun w/ somewhat head dress type of ray's on it. Go to google and type "Butte War Bonnet Motel".
I found one listed in East Glacier, too. Yeah, that's the logo I remember -- Mountain, sun with rays, and an Indian chief wearing a classical war bonnet. I couldn't find that online, tho, just the new logo.

I was wondering if it's a MT-only chain or what?? I thnk it's a great business name regardless.

In Moorhead MN we lived across the street from a motel that was part single-story and part 2-story. Back then if it had one floor it was a "motel" and if it had 2 or more floors it was a "hotel". Since this one couldn't make up its mind, they named it the Mo-Ho-Tel, I kid you not. It was on the corner of 5th Ave. and 19th St. South.

Old 04-02-2009, 08:05 AM

Mo-Ho-Tel.... now that is funny. I now have a new phrase which I can use for life..... Thanks Rez

Old 04-02-2009, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtboy View Post
Mo-Ho-Tel.... now that is funny. I now have a new phrase which I can use for life..... Thanks Rez
One of those that never stops being funny

Hey, I found a picture!

http://images.auctionhelper.com/imag.../vpm101304.jpg

And behind it, on the far right -- that's the duplex we lived in!! In fact from the size of the trees, we might have been living there (1960-1964) when this picture was taken. I can even see my bedroom window (very right edge of the picture), where I used to look out at the Mo-Ho-Tel at night and be amused by the name every time I saw it on their sign.

Small world, eh?

Dang, now I feel old

Old 04-15-2009, 09:06 AM

11 posts, read 45,969 times
thanks, mtboy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana