Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2009, 04:24 PM

1 posts, read 5,240 times

Advertisements

Butte is one of the most disgusting Places in Montana for its size. The people who try to run it are clickish, corrupt and uncaring about the people living there. Misused funds at the city level like for road work ect. Because the Folk Festival was coming to town last year they dicided to fix pot holes we were driving over for years. They say they have a weed control but at his speed, well lets just say he, I wont mention names will never control it them because he is a lazy person. The Health Department is a joke. Beware where you eat. I deliver in this town and 75 percent of the places are gross in the back. Again the Health Departments Ed Randle is another Lazy person and yet again the people here pay the price.
People in this town let their dogs run all over, The alley are filled with trash, mainly in the spring and summer, I guess this is a way for people to feed those pets, I could go on all day about the pit falls here. Hey they
should rename Butte, Pit Falls because Butte will be known one day nationally for its cup of poison the pit. The kids are not safe to walk around the streets like in the past because of all the felons. Why would anyone want to live in this filthy run down place. I use to live in Butte and I am glad I only deliver there now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2009, 08:49 PM

6,023 posts, read 14,061,575 times
Thumbs down What a shame

Quote:
Originally Posted by recycler View Post
Butte is one of the most disgusting Places in Montana for its size. The people who try to run it are clickish, corrupt and uncaring about the people living there. Misused funds at the city level like for road work ect. Because the Folk Festival was coming to town last year they dicided to fix pot holes we were driving over for years. They say they have a weed control but at his speed, well lets just say he, I wont mention names will never control it them because he is a lazy person. The Health Department is a joke. Beware where you eat. I deliver in this town and 75 percent of the places are gross in the back. Again the Health Departments Ed Randle is another Lazy person and yet again the people here pay the price. Why would anyone want to live in this filthy run down place. I use to live in Butte and I am glad I only deliver there now.

Quoting only part of your post. You say you wont names yet you name names ! Brilliant ! Shame on your boss for subjecting you to such a horrible job such as delivering in Butte. You should be thankfull you have a job.

Old 02-04-2009, 09:18 PM

6,259 posts, read 14,672,147 times
Wow, I have stopped for gas in Butte, good thing I did not happen to wander into town, good lord I might have met this delivery man. And the possibility of a dirty kitchen in a restaurant, the odds! I have seen worse, believe me.

Old 02-05-2009, 05:12 AM

Butte is "Butte T Full" I don't know what your talking about, The tap water is delicious and the weather is great all year. They have the classiest shopping malls in the world and the view of the Berkeley Pit from Our Lady of The Rockies is stupendous ! What's not to like ? Butte Mt is kind of like Wallace Id. Both towns are like "Mining Town Museums" I would rather live in Butte than Browning !

Old 02-05-2009, 07:30 AM

155 posts, read 714,649 times
First of all I lived in Butte for four years. The water is not bad, go to places like White Sulphur Springs or parts of New Mexico, or northern WY. That is bad water. Secondly, if you knew much about the pit/town/valley/county you would know that Silver Bow county is one of the largest superfund sites. The hole valley is considered contaminated, trust me they are known for the pit and know that the pit is there not just from the view at the Lady of the Rockies. It was the largest open pit mine in the world when it was in operation. As for the uncaring and corrupt, you can't change that. This town has deep roots into mining and unions, they look out for one another (cliquish), work to help out each other (somewhat corrupt), but for the uncaring I never got that at all. The town has always had horrible pot holes, inability to remove snow, and tatter streets, wild packs of dogs, that is just how it is with a town that has little operating money. They can not keep up with the maintenance. The town is deep with history, and I wouldn't go around bashing it. Heck I wouldn't bash any place someone lived or lives. You have to understand that it has been a huge boom and bust place, I can't remember the exact number but in the early 1900's the town used to have a larger population than some of the bigger cities on the east coast. It was known for it's hundreds of saloons, red light district, and rough character. Reasearch some about the history of the town before you make judgements on it's current status. They have started massive efforts to help butte-fy the town, such as improving parks, starting bike paths, and soon want to open up a park/fishing pond for children. IMO Butte, America is a great place. I loved it when I was in school there, and still love to visit. Try St. Patricks day.... that is when Butte shines. Anyway....

Old 02-07-2009, 11:15 AM

8,087 posts, read 15,156,006 times
Without cities like Butte, and without mines like the big copper pit, most of America would not have electricity or phone service or any of a million other things that depend on metals to work. So whenever you turn on a light or make a phone call, thank a miner from Butte, because chances are that somewhere along its route, that electricity or that phone call traverses wire made of copper mined in Butte.

Old 02-07-2009, 02:48 PM

Not to mention Aluminum used for high tension long distance transmission lines (and many of other products) and Gold used in circuit boards in almost all electronic devices and equipment that we use and depend on today.

Old 02-07-2009, 03:27 PM

8,087 posts, read 15,156,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickers View Post
Not to mention Aluminum used for high tension long distance transmission lines (and many of other products) and Gold used in circuit boards in almost all electronic devices and equipment that we use and depend on today.
Yep. A large part of which is recycled material, which you'd think would make the original poster happy, judging by hisser handle!!

Old 05-05-2009, 02:04 PM

214 posts, read 601,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorpioIris View Post
From my experience, the only way you are going to make friends in Butte is if you fall under these categories: Meth addict, alcoholic,compulsive gambler, or hardcore fundamentalist Christian. Sorry if I offended anyone with the fundie Christian statement; I myself believe in a higher power, but I am not mentally ill and can tell reality from fantasy. It was the most trashy place I ever been to. all the houses and apartments I lived in was a trashy dump. They all looked like they haven't been remodeled or hand any upgrades since 1920.
Hey,hey don't be cutting down that 1920's look, I just spent a chunk of change in my bathroom for that vintage look!

Old 05-05-2009, 06:18 PM

6,756 posts, read 8,575,024 times
I have no love for Butte, I played sports against them and they were some of the toughest kids you ever want to meet.

I agree the Unions did a lot of damage in Butte, probably more toxic than the mines, But Butte is a tough town.

When the mines closed they didn't quit or move away, they tried to find other industry.
When Montana Power broke up, They didn't close the shutters and cry, they tried to get other business to come in.

They have a rough climate, bad reputation, toxic everything, no money, industry or tax base, but they refuse to roll over and die.

There are drugs there, so what? There are drugs everywhere, Heck we even have legalized pot.
Yes there are drunks there, So what? There are drunks everywhere you go.

Every town in Montana has potholes in the spring after the freezes and frost heaves, So what?

If you don't like a cafe, Don't eat there!
If you don't like driving through Butte, go cry to your boss about your poor wittel feewings being hurt and you want to go someplace nice. I bet he will jump at the opportunity to send you to Death Valley or some other vacation spot.

Butte is just another town. A little rougher around the edges perhaps, but just a town.

Getting on an internet board to whine and cry about it does nothing for anybody. If you don't like Butte, who cares??
Get a different route so you can cry whine and bellyache about somewhere else that doesn't worry about your tender feelings.

Man up or go home. Whiners need not apply.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana