Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2008, 02:19 PM

1,436 posts, read 3,306,130 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TypicalCalifornian View Post
Hiring a president has to be thought of as hiring the toughest, smartest, craftiest person you can find to choose among bad choices on America's behalf. Not a choirboy.
That is exactly the problem. We are voting for people who are working for America the "corporation" and not America the "people". To run America the "corp" it takes that exact kind of individual to be the face of it all. Once in office, all is forgotten or put on the back burner when it comes to "for the people" but all business dealings of the "corporation" are dealt with in the utmost delicacy and urgency!

GLS, absolutely right! They all suck.

There are too many hidden agendas behind every party. Electing someone fresh and new with ethics would only be a front for the party and just fuel the illusion of "a government for the people" even more. Unless you could replace EVERYONE or a heavy majority of the gov itself with the same character types, nothing will change from the already in motion agendas. It is out of control and majority of people are too stupid to see it! Our government will continue to be self-serving, ignorant, and ethically compromised especially with the types of people pouring into the USA every day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2008, 04:10 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,103,940 times
Unfortunately, I agree with you who heartedly.

But here's the problem. We voted those boso's into office. We are to blame. Yeah, said it out loud. We did it to ourselves. Can we fix it? I hope so. We can still find a ballot and put our x on it and fix things. Least, I hope we can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan_K View Post
That is exactly the problem. We are voting for people who are working for America the "corporation" and not America the "people". To run America the "corp" it takes that exact kind of individual to be the face of it all. Once in office, all is forgotten or put on the back burner when it comes to "for the people" but all business dealings of the "corporation" are dealt with in the utmost delicacy and urgency!

GLS, absolutely right! They all suck.

There are too many hidden agendas behind every party. Electing someone fresh and new with ethics would only be a front for the party and just fuel the illusion of "a government for the people" even more. Unless you could replace EVERYONE or a heavy majority of the gov itself with the same character types, nothing will change from the already in motion agendas. It is out of control and majority of people are too stupid to see it! Our government will continue to be self-serving, ignorant, and ethically compromised especially with the types of people pouring into the USA every day.

Old 01-05-2008, 04:18 PM

8,094 posts, read 15,184,901 times
Rez's Quick Guide to American Political Parties:

Democrat: Give us all your shovels, so we can dig those po'folks ditches, whether they need 'em or not.

Republican: Here's a shovel. Go dig your own damn ditch.

Libertarian: I ain't diggin' no damn ditch!

Green: You ain't diggin' no damn ditch!

Peace and Freedom: Hey man, spade me up a new patch for my pot.

American Independent: Covet not thy neighbour's shovel, and what is this 'ditch' of which thou speaks?

Old 01-05-2008, 05:38 PM

1,436 posts, read 3,306,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post
Unfortunately, I agree with you who heartedly.

But here's the problem. We voted those boso's into office. We are to blame. Yeah, said it out loud. We did it to ourselves. Can we fix it? I hope so. We can still find a ballot and put our x on it and fix things. Least, I hope we can.
Oh ya..... loud and clear, we are 100% responsible. Problem is that the majority of society is not intelligent enough to fix it at this point. I think it is just too big of a monster to tame at this point. Good ethical people entering office may "slow down" the growth of the monster a hair but that sucker will continue to grow. It is the Governments will as a whole.......

Anyone that happens by chance to comes in with any type of ability to change the "agenda", gets removed via strategic negative credibility tactics and if that doesn't work.......a bullet usually does the trick!

Old 01-05-2008, 06:21 PM

102 posts, read 272,103 times
The problem, the monster. The root cause...is...we all think, all of us, that the government is there to "help", fix, or otherwise mother the people. Go back and examine the posts re: this subject and you'll see blatant statements, or assumptions of this.

Our government, our country was founded on a principal of low impact, caveat emptor. It was not meant to 'make jobs, protect us from competition, or other intrusive elements. The sole mission of our goverment was to provide the citizenry with protection from physical violence it could not otherwise provide to itself, i.e., a military, police, and courts of law to ajudicate conflicts among rational men.

Once one steps beyond that mission it's a slippery slope of nanny state additions. In that regard it's true the Repub's are no differerent than the Dem's. But clearly in practice, the Dem's would rush our great country into some European style nanny state and suppress the greatness of our people, the greatness I might add that lived in our fathers and grandfathers but has been minimized by us and our chidren into a bunch of whiney, churlish, fearful and small talk and behavior.

96% of the people in the world live in a state that runs people's lives, people who have made a bargain with their government wherein they have traded their freedom for free false teeth. Only 4% of the people, you and I live in a place that is mankinds best hope to continue an experiment in self reliance and courage and morality.

Stop whining about "them", unless you understand your role in the direction we're lapsing in to.

Old 01-06-2008, 06:23 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,049,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLS View Post
The problem is not so much that they are skilled at defining a demographic of voters and promising some entitlement or "Earmark" to buy their vote. The problem is that the majority of voters continue to sell it to them. If the majority of voters remain self-serving, ignorant, and ethically compromised, then "Our" government will
continue to be self-serving, ignorant, and ethically compromised.
And there it is... Have we all become a population only concerned about what's in it for me? It seems that the more that a canidate promises to deliver to people in goods and services (naturally paid for by the government) the more votes they get.
Too bad about what's good for the country as a whole that doesn't matter, it's what "gimmies" will I get? Will I get free this or cost reduced that, if so you'll get the vote. I'll even go so far as to bet that if a canidate promised a free dinner twice a month to every family to promote healthy eating they'd get elected in short order...

Old 01-06-2008, 04:09 PM
GLS

1,985 posts, read 5,383,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
And there it is... Have we all become a population only concerned about what's in it for me? SADLY, YES. It seems that the more that a canidate promises to deliver to people in goods and services (naturally paid for by the government) the more votes they get. YEP. THAT'S MY POINT.
Too bad about what's good for the country as a whole that doesn't matter, it's what "gimmies" will I get? Will I get free this or cost reduced that, if so you'll get the vote. I'll even go so far as to bet that if a canidate promised a free dinner twice a month to every family to promote healthy eating they'd get elected in short order...
THE PROBLEM IS, WHEN THEY DID GET ELECTED, IF THEY ACTUALLY FOLLOWED THROUGH ON THEIR PROMISE, MOST OF THE PEOPLE WOULD STOP COOKING FOR THEMSELVES. THE REST WOULD ACCEPT THE FREE MEALS, BUT GRIPE ABOUT THE MENU.

Old 01-07-2008, 12:05 PM

495 posts, read 494,312 times
Some funny comments post
Funny and sad but true

Like the frog in the warming to boil pot of water....we don't even recognize how far things have gone and how much and many of our most basic freedoms we've already lost....
You can't rent your house to whoever you want, it's your personal property but you can get sued if you make the wrong choice, I've seen it happen..
You can't raise you own children anymore, the government will take them away, if you don't do it their way, I've seen it happen. Not to mention all the forced eduacation, I thought they were my children, if you ever get in court because of domestic matters, I did, you'll swear, like I said to my lawyer - "I feel like I'm living in communist russia". he didn't find it funny, I wonder why ?
Your freedom of speech is all but gone - trying saying the 'N' word, you'll be banished to boogie land.
It is said that when you considering the direct and indirect hidden taxes it amounts to about 80 percent of your income....and how about if you give your family's possesion to your children - inheritance tax, if that ain't a crime by you government what is.
Gosh I could go on and on, but as long as they keep giving us the free government cheese we don't seem to give a care.
We may be the greatest country in the world when it comes to the free cheese and having lots of cheap junk, but I'd be willing to bet there a plenty, if not most other countries that have more basic rights than we do.....like raising your kids any way you damn see fit. like Irag, you might not get the free cheese there and life might be a bit out of hand at times, but I'll bet you can rent you house to whoever you want, raise your kids how you like and probably even say the 'N' word, who gives a crap if I can't stand on a soup box on the corner and call the leaders an a-hole. I can do that here, but yea so what.
I have to laugh whenever our goverenment tells us we are fighting for freedom and spreading it around the world, after they took all ours away, what a bold face bunch of liers.

Old 01-08-2008, 09:00 PM

5,224 posts, read 5,019,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by halliwellalien View Post
i have been reading the posts here, and most of what i have been reading makes it seem like some of you just dont want ANYONE to move to montana. you blame everything on the 'outsiders'. have you ever thought that some of us want to go to a place where we can live and survive?

where i live now, a 3bd 1 ba house with a very small yard (if any) will cost you about 700k. i have lived here most of my life and i am already sad about having to leave. but, i am not bitter toward anyone who moves here. whether they have money or not. change will happen whether you like it or not.

please stop blaming everyone for the bad things. good and bad are everywhere. some of us really do want to move to montana because of the beauty we see. not to make it worse.

Hi.. I'm from NY.. my mom originally from MT. married an airmen from NY.. moved to NY .. raised us here then when my dad moved quickly left NY and went back to that side of the family in MT.

I can COMPLETELY understand why native Montanians feel that way about outsiders. The beauty of MT is that it is uncrowded, friendly and CLEAN space with fresh air etc. Although I may be the acception.. I know that people from NY just wouldn't get what makes MT so beautiful and would go there and bring their big city attitudes adn big city ideas and possibly take away from what makes MT so great.. that's not to say they will or it's fair to assume that.. but I can completely see it.

And.. just for others on this board considering a move to MT>. when you move there as an outsider you must be patient. it will take awhile for you to be accepted. My mom , a native to MT (but not to the small town she moved too.. although my Aunt, Uncle and Cousins have been well ingrained into the neighborhood for probaby 40+ years.. you would think that would give my mom some sort of immediate acceptance) was treated like an outsider. Small towns are VERY clicky.. I've seen it.. and that's not neccesarily a bad thing.. it's also what lends to what is so wonderful about it.. I can't really explain it.. but if you are in it or have observed it you may know.. BUt she eventually became accepted (and is now THE town clerk!! who is now privy to all sorts of information and has a lot of friends) Once they see that you are not there to change their way of life but become a part of it, they'll accept you not fear you and you will become a true Montanian!

I know that I LOVE To visit my mom there (and I even held my wedding in her beautiful backyard on an awesome July day!)

Old 01-09-2008, 06:16 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,049,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristansMommy View Post
I know that I LOVE To visit my mom there (and I even held my wedding in her beautiful backyard on an awesome July day!)
Congrats, you hit the lotto and found a awsome July day!!!! The weather gods must have been smiling on you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana