Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2009, 12:17 PM

214 posts, read 605,253 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpasticDove View Post
Butte is no where near as bad as ScorpioIris is making it out to be.
Totally agree. I've never met anything but fine people in Butte. Their may be religious nuts there but personally never met any and likewise druggies. You can tell a lot by looking in people's eyes. Reading people, that's and old ex-big city boy's flip on that one, that old defensive posture routine. Maybe I'm doing something wrong cause all I meet are pretty straight people there, except for a beer or two.

Last edited by Jbechtel; 05-05-2009 at 12:30 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2010, 12:41 AM

1 posts, read 1,178 times
You can find great affordable living and live in a place with history and character. I live in an old historic building that the owners took great care of and remodeled. In fact everyone says its the upper class people or one of the nicest apartment buildings around. I pay 395 a month for rent and pay 14 to 20 dollers a month for power year round heat included. You just have to look for something within your budget or search really hard and you will find a really nice place for cheap. As for the Crack heads well its like anything else if you dont use it or associate yourself with those people then your not going to have any problems, just stay away from them and keep your car door locked with an alarm. Seems like that's something you have to do everywhere these days anyway. Sex offenders well unfortunately there are some but I wonder how many are in bozeman or greatfalls or anywhere else. There is a pre-release center for prison parolees and a state hospital near by but its closer to Anaconda. The affects are limited from those buisnesses but you do notice them. Limit your going out to the bars, but get involved with the community and it can be alot of fun especially during the festivals in the summer. Lots of Mountains, Lakes and rivers nearby. Hiking and biking nearby also. The town itself is mined but still mountain views, and of course tons of history and character. Lots of nice helpful people. But I still would like to move to a more populated area soon. If I was to move to Montana I would make sure it was Missoula. Check out Missoula its got everything and more plus the entire Montana lifstyle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana