Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2014, 08:52 AM

18,700 posts, read 42,041,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Elk, here's a trick I use to this day, suggested by my doc after shoulder surgery (4-5 years ago) which works more often than not.
Take 2 Aleve pills when you take the Hydrocodone. I was shocked at how well this worked and how long the relief lasts.
I'm at the dose of H.C. that you are and found I could cut back a bit when I added Aleve to the mix. Thankfully adding the Aleve (per package dose instructions) doesn't cause an overdose of any meds.
Thanks! I will definitely give that a try. I have to run into town on the 4 wheeler anyhow today. Right after I feed and water the horses and chickens. I'll let you know how it works out.

Three run, Rez, sometimes you just have to push past it. I realize I need to cut back, but that was the exception. Couldn't leave Mike stranded 85 miles from home, could you imagine the towing bill?

Ii have to feed and water for the next 45 days. Sheila is out of town and Mike is going to work at 5, which is too early. But feed and water is easy. 1 bale of hay and its in the wheelbarrow from stack to corral. Then just throw the flakes in the feedbtrough. Let the guinies out and check the water for the chickens. Dine deal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2014, 09:19 AM

19,743 posts, read 22,635,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reziac View Post
Haha, that's one strange pointing stance

One reason he can hunt hard like that -- he's in primo condition. Some idiots starve their dogs down to bones so they're "lean for hunting" then wonder why they run out of energy so quick. If they don't have fat to burn, they burn muscle instead.
He's a total athlete. Runs balls to the wall and stops on a dime. We figured out how he 'points' on about the third day. When the bird is super close- he won't move his front legs- he lifts the rear. When they are farther out he goes into a nose down, front leg up, tail high classic point. That's a million dollar point. So pretty.

He really was a super dog. One guy knocked a pheasant but he didn't think he hit it. The bird locked its wings and sailed 300 yards downhill into the middle of Goose Lake. Schnitzel marked it the whole way and fetched him right up. Brought it straight to hand.

Had a load of fun with this dog. Now I gotta take him to the vet to have some barbed wire gashes attended to properly.

Old 10-20-2014, 12:23 PM

8,087 posts, read 15,153,325 times
GOOOOD dog, Schnitzel!

Hey Elk, you could upgrade your walker.

Old 10-20-2014, 12:31 PM

6,756 posts, read 8,573,379 times
Maybe Elk would prefer an all terrain wheelchair instead of a walker? This thing actually looks kind of fun :th ink::r olleyes:

I still wouldn't want to HAVE to use it.

Hey Elkhunter, I know you can't abandon your friends, and you have to take care of your stock, but you have to take care of yourself too.

In all things....moderation

I walked for several miles through the mud hunting antelope, a couple of old injuries came back and made themselves known, now I am hoping I can hobble well enough to hunt for elk this year.

We ain't as young as we used to be.

Old 10-20-2014, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTSilvertip View Post
Maybe Elk would prefer an all terrain wheelchair instead of a walker?
That thing is pretty cool! Looks like it could maybe even climb stairs.

Old 10-20-2014, 07:42 PM

Quote:
That thing is pretty cool! Looks like it could maybe even climb stairs.
That thing is cool. I've seen some videos of it in action, and yes, they have a model that will go up mild stairs. Obviously not the stairs coming out of the basement in the older homes. You know, the ones remember in grandpas and grandmas house. hahaha. They also make a model that has tracks that can be swapped out during the winter for tracks that have a much bigger footprint for in the snow. My thought is the way snow is crusty on one step and not on the next, with the machine, you'd tip over. If you have to use a wheelchair, now what do you do? Also, they are fast.

I realize that I really over did it. But the problem is, and each and every one of you have done it, you don't realize you are over doing it, until afterwards. In a pinch, the task has to be completed. A friend or relative is in trouble and you have a solution that will solve the problem. At what point do you give up and let them down?

By the way Threerun, outstanding dog! Beautifully marked too. You can definitely be proud of that one.

Old 10-20-2014, 10:43 PM

And here's a special upgraded walker!

Old 10-20-2014, 11:49 PM

Quote:
I want one! haha

I have a special rack on the front of the 4 wheeler to haul mine. Also have a hand made elkskin skabboard for my cane.

Old 10-21-2014, 04:57 AM

I now have a strange vision of Elk hauling the 4-wheeler on his walker, with his cane in a elfskin scabbard hanging from his belt.

<scratching head>

Oh wait, that's not what you meant.

Old 10-21-2014, 08:03 PM

jimj, Thank You. Not much else I can say. Today I have felt better than I have in a long time. its amazing. I went ahead and filled my pill planner. it has been a terrific day. Took 2 last night, as the bottle said. Slept like a dog. I am normally up by 4:30 or so. Not this morning. Took one this morning and have enjoyed a great day. its unbelievable. Thanks again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana