Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2014, 07:29 AM

18,700 posts, read 42,095,058 times

Advertisements

It's pretty generic in that a lot of states have either passed the same sort of thing, or something similar, or at least have it on their dockit to push it through.

Having "Gun Free Zones" is stupid. Look at all the latest gun violence where the idiot tried to make it a mass shooting. Every one of those were in Gun Free Zones. I guess, as stupid as it sounds, a criminal is going to go where he is protected.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2014, 08:01 AM

297 posts, read 795,656 times
To change the subject, an interesting article about pride in one's state: Which U.S. states have the most pride?

Old 04-25-2014, 08:05 AM

8,094 posts, read 15,179,321 times
Interesting list... and I don't think it's coincidental that most of the top ten are also places where you're kinda expected to be self-sufficient.

Elk: 'Zac'ly. Ain't committin' no crimes where I's gonna be shot!

Old 04-25-2014, 08:25 AM

297 posts, read 795,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reziac View Post
Interesting list... and I don't think it's coincidental that most of the top ten are also places where you're kinda expected to be self-sufficient.
Excellent point! Do you think self-sufficiency leads to more contentment? I do. I like to do things myself instead of having them done for me.

Everybody have a great weekend!

Old 04-25-2014, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGyrl View Post
Excellent point! Do you think self-sufficiency leads to more contentment? I do. I like to do things myself instead of having them done for me.
Yep, and real self-esteem (not something you were told to have).

How to recycle onion rings:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXycnnBnAr8

Hey Elk, next year you should try one of these snowplows

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvbgq2Ni2uE

Last edited by Reziac; 04-25-2014 at 09:18 AM..

Old 04-25-2014, 10:09 AM

6,757 posts, read 8,594,523 times
Top 10 places to live:
1. Montana

Nothing new there

I would agree that self sufficency and self reliance lead to a greater satisfaction with yourself which flows over into positive feelings about where you are.

Montana has it's problems sure, but I have always found greater satisfaction in doing something myself, pushing my boundaries and actually accomplishing something rather than hiring someone to do it for me.

I think the rankings are a definate reflection on the lack of amenities and the can-do attitude that prevails among most Montanan's.

We are the best because we can do it ourselves!!

Old 04-25-2014, 10:18 AM

18,700 posts, read 42,095,058 times
Quote:
Hey Elk, next year you should try one of these snowplows
I saw one of those trains up by Foresythe a few years ago, they are impressive to say the least.

There is pride in self sufficiency, MTS. I feel bad when somebody has to do for me. It's our heritage and our way of life up here in Wy and Mt. If we didn't do for ourselves, we'd roll over and die.

Even with my leg in the brace, I have several loads of dirt and pit run to haul with the dump truck. Ain't nobody else going to do it, so I'll get it done before I head down to Cheyenne, brace or no brace.

Old 04-25-2014, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post
I saw one of those trains up by Foresythe a few years ago, they are impressive to say the least.

There is pride in self sufficiency, MTS. I feel bad when somebody has to do for me. It's our heritage and our way of life up here in Wy and Mt. If we didn't do for ourselves, we'd roll over and die.

Even with my leg in the brace, I have several loads of dirt and pit run to haul with the dump truck. Ain't nobody else going to do it, so I'll get it done before I head down to Cheyenne, brace or no brace.

Good for you Elk

My father after open heart surgery was released from the hospital and as soon as he got home, he walked to the top of the hill behind his house to "Check the doctor's plumbing work"

Just be careful running trucks with that brace, It can make it tough to go from the gas to the brake pedal, I know, I nearly busted my ankle a couple years ago and was in the same prediciment.

Almost went over a bank backwards when I couldn't get to the brake fast enough when my foot caught under the pedal.

Old 04-25-2014, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTSilvertip View Post
Montana has it's problems sure, but I have always found greater satisfaction in doing something myself, pushing my boundaries and actually accomplishing something rather than hiring someone to do it for me.
Rez's quick guide to the difference between "Youth" and "Old Age":

Youth: Why should I hire someone to do that when I can do it myself?

Old Age: Why should I do that myself when I can hire someone to do it?

Well, Montana is one of the younger states.

Old 04-25-2014, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Rez's quick guide to the difference between "Youth" and "Old Age":

Youth: Why should I hire someone to do that when I can do it myself?

Old Age: Why should I do that myself when I can hire someone to do it?

Well, Montana is one of the younger states.
Problem is, it is usually the older person that knows how to do it because the young one hasn't figured it out yet

Also, it might be that older person has the finances to hire, the youngster doesn't.

Several factors to consider here Rez
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana