Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2010, 09:51 AM

6,023 posts, read 14,074,064 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reziac View Post
Day? Month? You're worrying about that when we don't even know who we are, or where we're going in this handbasket?
Hey I Thought the basket was a bit bigger than a "hand-basket"
It sure as H,E double L ain't big enough for the whole world either.
My boarding pass says the destination is the Land Of OZ and from the looks of the basket (I snuck a peek) , it seems only big enough to hold the porch visitors, and perhaps a deer, turkey or a squirrel or two. Due to the capacity limits of the balloon basket, if a squirrel is going to be a passenger you all will have to choose between the squirrel pictured below, Pauly Shore
or Me.
Turkeys can't fly for very long so If there is room for turkeys, they will have to ride on the basket edge I guess.

Our back yard regular residents, "tree critters"

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_9a8nDInPVGE/TQD3q1OHJrI/AAAAAAAAIMw/3f3IJ27U9kE/s512/IMG_1094-1.JPG (broken link)

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_9a8nDInPVGE/TP8txw9xfoI/AAAAAAAAILQ/S12g1Oywzrw/s512/IMG_2064.JPG (broken link)

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_9a8nDInPVGE/TP8q81-epwI/AAAAAAAAILA/khMqkk61f0c/s512/IMG_2063.JPG (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2010, 05:48 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,077,816 times
Is it me? What happened to 7? The porch is seriouly lacking. I miss my girl friend from the North East. haha.

We have a good get together and enjoy each other's company. Where is Seven? Is she ok?

Old 12-09-2010, 09:59 PM

6,259 posts, read 14,682,331 times
Quote:
Elk Knees Hot
Elk Knees Cold
Elk Knees on the Porch
Eight Days Old!

Hey EH, glad you are still ?kicking?
Are you keeping some elevation on that thing? I still think of Jeremiah Johnson when you talk about that leg.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7nqx...eature=related

Old 12-09-2010, 10:04 PM

6,259 posts, read 14,682,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post
Is it me? What happened to 7? The porch is seriouly lacking. I miss my girl friend from the North East. haha.

We have a good get together and enjoy each other's company. Where is Seven? Is she ok?
Aww, it is nice to be missed. Sorry that four letter work gets in the way, nice ride today all along the Hi-Line. Dry pavement all the way from Malta-east. 10 degrees and lots of sunshine. A few days ago saw a big heard of antelope just east of Shelby, fantastic and me without my camera, dang it...

rickers, just love the photos.
EH, I have already dealt with yours

Old 12-10-2010, 09:27 AM

18,700 posts, read 42,077,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mt-7 View Post
Hey EH, glad you are still ?kicking?
Are you keeping some elevation on that thing? I still think of Jeremiah Johnson when you talk about that leg.
Some days it's not bad and then others suck. Yesterday was one of those days that was seriously lacking int he comfort department. haha IB Profin just wouldn't catch on. I won't take anything stronger. I figure if IB won't do it then I'll just get by.

We're supposed to get snow today. Then, it's supposed to warm up and we'll be in the 40's. It's already 37.

Yes, I am kicking, just not very high or hard. If it would quit swelling it would be better. Last night it swelled up bad enough that I couldn't take off my pants. hahaha Almost broke out the scissors. Elevation? I'm at 3960 ft, is that high enough? I could go West and it climbs quick.

Just wanted to mention that I have a friend who is a Lion Hunter. He does it professionally. Ranches around here contract him to take care of business. The other day he was out with his dogs and they treed. Chased an old lion with young into a cave. Brent came out ok, but 2 of his three dogs didn't do so well. They are still alive but barely. We've been keeping pine tar on them. This morning, for the first time in a week, they ate a little food. They seem to be picking up a little. Keep your fingers crossed.

Old 12-10-2010, 11:32 AM

We have cornflake sized snow falling almost as fast as rain right now.
Iced up driveway is melting out fast with a bit of help from a sac of blue salt.
New tires on wife's car = less stress for rickers.
I'm wanting big water this spring so bring it on Ol' man winter !
As soon as I sell Kitchen Creek & Company kayak dealership, I'm going to buy a large laser printer and more picture framing supplies and equipment. I'm stoked. Photography is bichen fun and gives me an excuse to travel more.
Rock City is cool but I want to check out the badlands and Makoshika, Glendive and that segment of the Yellowstone river.
I want to take a short "KayakCam" video of Peekaboo doing a river float with me.

Rock city, north of Valier Montana has nice hoodoos. Too bad some of the local kids like to mess the place up with paintball battles. I pick up a lot of trash here when I'm visiting. A spot here has a good overview of the Two Medicine River. I'll try to find that photo and show it later.
The few fire rings here are made from old Tipi ring rocks that folks have moved closer together.

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_9a8nDInPVGE/TOLm0eeL8oI/AAAAAAAAHYw/355ikMm63mg/s512/IMG_0163.JPG (broken link)

Old 12-10-2010, 11:42 AM

8,090 posts, read 15,169,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickers View Post
Rock city, north of Valier Montana has nice hoodoos. Too bad some of the local kids like to mess the place up with paintball battles. I pick up a lot of trash here when I'm visiting. A spot here has a good overview of the Two Medicine River. I'll try to find that photo and show it later.
The few fire rings here are made from old Tipi ring rocks that folks have moved closer together.
But the Indians moved those rocks every time they used 'em, it's not like they were a shrine or something... just happened to get left in rings cuz it was handy that way.

Isn't the paintball paint water-washable? so rain should take care of it?? you'd think it would be if only cuz you don't want to go to school the next day with a green face declaring "I LOST!"

Old 12-10-2010, 12:05 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,587,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickers View Post
Rock City is cool but I want to check out the badlands and Makoshika, Glendive and that segment of the Yellowstone river.

When you take your trip you better check out the Medicine Rocks near Willard, Montana.
Teddy Roosevelt carved his name in one of them.

If you go to Wall Rock north of Roundup you will find a lot of hoodoos as well.

Good pictures Rickers

I wish you well with your endeavor.

Old 12-10-2010, 12:14 PM

Quote:
But the Indians moved those rocks every time they used 'em, it's not like they were a shrine or something... just happened to get left in rings cuz it was handy that way.

Isn't the paintball paint water-washable? so rain should take care of it?? you'd think it would be if only cuz you don't want to go to school the next day with a green face declaring "I LOST!"

The problem is that the ring rocks are archaeological artifacts and I think it's illegal to mess with them even if they are on private or public property.
Second Rock City is private property and can be closed off to the public on the drop of a hat if the landowners gets fed up.
Thirdly as much as I would like to paint up the place with paint balls. It takes a long time for the water soluble paint to come off in the overhanging weather sheltered places.
If I ever see anyone painting up this place I will most likely give them a dressing down after I photograph them doing it as well as photographing their license plate. I will also be recording them with an undisclosed audio recorder just in case things get dicey. I also don't go anywhere without a gun so if any kids who like to mess with rock city are reading this take heed. I will not sit back and see this wonderful place be closed off to the public. I will also give the evidence to the landowner as well as the sheriff's department.
I would like to see the state buy this special place, for our next state park.

Old 12-10-2010, 12:30 PM

I just found out what the difference is between a Tipi and a Wigwam.

A wigwam is not a hat after all It's a dome shaped shelter and the top of a tipi is as pointed as a racist's hoodie pajamas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana