Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2008, 06:32 AM

774 posts, read 1,418,342 times

Advertisements

It's a great day! Sunshine and dahubby left with a buddy to go hog hunting, so I have the whole day to clean and do laundry without him underfoot.
I sure can get a lot more accomplished when he is out of the house.
Hope he gets a hog and has a great time!
Enjoy the beautiful weekend everyone!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2008, 08:23 AM

25,464 posts, read 13,570,117 times
mamagator54...Have never seen hogs in our woods. Are these feral hogs that they hunt? I've heard that they can be rather dangerous. So, you will be having a 'hog roast' if they bring one home!!! Friends of ours used to have hog roasts and invite the whole county, I think lol. Had a pit in their side yard and set up tables, kegs of brew, and would have a local band . Coloured lights all over the place. Was quite a feast. Took hours and hours to roast the hog/pig. We've never done it tho'.

Old 03-01-2008, 09:00 AM

Yes these are feral hogs. They are around the area but very elusive. The are going to Glade Top Trail area where they have been seen a lot. Can't wait to have some hog in the freezer, it's getting pretty bare these days.
And these creatures can be VERY dangerous but he is going well armed.
We had a hog roast when we were in Indiana one year and had over 300 people show up. It was a great party. Started on Friday night and we had people there until about 6:00pm Sunday night. Boy was I pooped!!!!!

Old 03-01-2008, 09:04 AM

1,554 posts, read 4,549,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northbayeric View Post
Huh? You wrote a post on that first chatter box thread? Oh. .... 20 seconds later.................. JUST KIDDING!!! Silly Ol' Bear! Ha ha ha ha!!! C'mon, we all love you, and we're all waiting until August for your new bundle of joy to be born.

See, da jammer needed to close down the first Chatter Box, and he wanted to end it on a good note!

Which ones did you buy? I'm a big fan of their peanut butter sandwich cookies and thin mints. Wikipedia says they've just come out with "Cinna-spins" that are shaped like miniature cinnamon rolls. Drool, drool. Hopefully someone at church will be selling Girl Scout Cookies pretty soon. As long as it's not when I'm so flat broke that I can't even pay attention! Taxes. Insurance. Credit card payments. Gasoline. Ugh. If we don't get out of Cali right quick I'm going to need some of that money in the church Poor Box!!
Yeah Da Jammer closed on a good note. Yeah right suck up..... Nice try though. You waiting for my bundle of joy.That is so sweet. Well I am 15 weeks and counting.LOL LOL I can't wait myself.
Girl Scout cookies; I bought 14 boxes to freeze half of them for the summer when I am huge and craving for them. They did not have cinnspins here. I bought Tag a longs, Thin mints, Samoes,Shortbread and the new called lemon chalet creme( this is yummy if you love lemon) They also had a sugar free chocolate chip one but I didn't order. If I am going to get cookies I want them with sugar and soft not hard. What is the point????HUH???
LOL LOL LOL 46 degree HOT are you out of your mind....I am still fricken freezy but didn't have wear to much layering.

My husband thinks it is going to be in 60's today and put on his regular boots instead of the cold gear boots. I totally laughed at him today and said if you going to believe the weather man why don't shoot your brains out right now. He is going to be freezing outside. I hope not because he is miserable when he toes are cold.

Old 03-01-2008, 11:42 AM

2,142 posts, read 4,449,437 times
I remember it all very well growing up in ol' St. Lou. First warm day, everyone would run out in T-shirts and shorts, my mom would say, Oh no Eric, you're putting on warmer clothing than that! It's still winter. She was right! It takes a litttlllllle while for the ground to unfreeze, so make sure your hubby's toes don't turn blue wearin' his regular boots!

Our other fine moderator "Punxsutawney" Plains10 is warning about colder weather to hit back there once again! C'mon, just three more weeks until springtime!

Old 03-01-2008, 11:51 AM

2,142 posts, read 4,449,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamagator54 View Post
Yes these are feral hogs. They are around the area but very elusive. The are going to Glade Top Trail area where they have been seen a lot. Can't wait to have some hog in the freezer, it's getting pretty bare these days.
And these creatures can be VERY dangerous but he is going well armed.
We had a hog roast when we were in Indiana one year and had over 300 people show up. It was a great party. Started on Friday night and we had people there until about 6:00pm Sunday night. Boy was I pooped!!!!!
You sure went the whole hog with your party, huh? Those wild hogs sure aren't like the cute ones you see at the county fair, that's for sure.

Old 03-01-2008, 02:51 PM

2,896 posts, read 6,632,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kareybear View Post
Well Thanks Da Jammer for closing the thread when I was the last person that posted.
Sheesh now nobody read my thread. It sure looks like everyone is still them old self and having some laughs here.
Wow that is one HUGE CAKE!!!! Happy Belated Birthday.
I could use a bite but that is ok I got here my girl scout cookies. YUmmyyyy Probaby gaining about 10 pounds and another 5 pounds just looking at them and smelling them. LOL LOL
Ummmm I was da last one to post in that one

Anyhoo, for the sake of our kareybear.....

Quote:
Ok you all I am just checking IN to tell you all I am still Alive the baby doing just fine since I heard the heartbeat yesterday. It was like music in my Ears. I have been very busy; kinda Overwhelm right now. I trying to get my butt ready for taxes which I think I am ready as of today until I talk to my husband than it is another story. I am curious how is that lady with brain tumor I think is doing? Remember I got CRS.Any good news??? and I remember reading about a man died at such a young age. That is just plain scary. I am so Sorry to hear that. I am sorry I am not able to read everyone chatty about since I have to start from pages 82 to 103.I don't have that kind of time. Sorry. Hello You all Missourian.....Oh yeah I need to say something I WANNA WEAR FLIP FLOPS!!!!!! I am totally done with this nasty weather. Flip Flops Flip Flops... JUST Wishing!!!

Old 03-01-2008, 06:16 PM

1,554 posts, read 4,549,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by da jammer View Post
Ummmm I was da last one to post in that one

Anyhoo, for the sake of our kareybear.....

Uhhh Da Jammer your are so cute and Funny. You know I was dah messing you right?????

Old 03-01-2008, 10:33 PM

1,640 posts, read 3,653,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northbayeric View Post
Our other fine moderator "Punxsutawney" Plains10 is warning about colder weather to hit back there once again! C'mon, just three more weeks until springtime!
Hahahaaa! That's too funneee, Eric! We done got ourselves a new nickname for our own Plains 10! Gotta luv 'm!

Old 03-03-2008, 08:13 AM

Good morning everyone. Dahubby and his pal didn't see any hogs, just a few tracks. So no hog roast in the future yet!
Stay warm and dry! Might be time to build that ark!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri