Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2006, 08:08 AM

1 posts, read 3,362 times

Advertisements

I recently stayed in Houston Missouri visiting friends and stayed at the Southern Inn Motel in town. I could not believe how rude the owner/operator was. At check in I was shocked to hear the man who owns the motel make a very rude comment about another customer that had checked in just before me. The man before me was heavy set and the owner stated "I hope he doesn't break my bed." I was absolutely shocked, I couldn't believe he was being this way. I try very hard myself not to be stereotypical to people by there looks and I would assume in todays world that others would too. Especially since it was obvious that the owner himself was not from the United States to begin with. I was very disappointed in this small town experience.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2006, 12:52 AM

278 posts, read 1,139,406 times
Default that's not small town just small thinking

Quote:
Originally Posted by btrsch13
I recently stayed in Houston Missouri visiting friends and stayed at the Southern Inn Motel in town. I could not believe how rude the owner/operator was. At check in I was shocked to hear the man who owns the motel make a very rude comment about another customer that had checked in just before me. The man before me was heavy set and the owner stated "I hope he doesn't break my bed." I was absolutely shocked, I couldn't believe he was being this way. I try very hard myself not to be stereotypical to people by there looks and I would assume in todays world that others would too. Especially since it was obvious that the owner himself was not from the United States to begin with. I was very disappointed in this small town experience.
Been in many small towns and big cities and have seen the same thing in both but place it on the person not the place. Here in a small and only store in town it was over heard about how bad Americans were. This was before May 1 boycott buy the way. Well the two talking were both for deferent countries one south and one across an ocean were the pump lots of oil. Neither well I nor any one in the house now go’s there for any reason we boycott with our money! I have walked in and let them know why I will no longer enter there store. I know drive 6 miles away to get what I need but I would not do that with out letting them know the reason. See I used to go there almost every day but not now!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri