Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2009, 02:23 AM

89 posts, read 260,792 times

Advertisements

Clogged toilet makes mess for Eagan principal

The Eagan Principle is under investigation for making a 6-year old dig in a toilet to pull out paper towels that had been put in it. It is unclear if the toliet was used or not and whether or not the child put the towels in the toliet. Now the parents are calling for a full investigation - however the parents story is very different - based on the word of their 6-yo son.

I am not saying his actions were appropriate and I have my views of the situation but I was wondering y'all's thoughts.

Last edited by Chandler85; 02-18-2009 at 03:12 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2009, 06:16 AM

46 posts, read 161,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chandler85 View Post
Clogged toilet makes mess for Eagan principal

The Eagan Principle is under investigation for making a 6-year old dig in a toilet to pull out paper towels that had been put in it. It is unclear if the toliet was used or not and whether or not the child put the towels in the toliet. Now the parents are calling for a full investigation - however the parents story is very different - based on the word of their 6-yo son.

I am not saying his actions were appropriate and I have my views of the situation but I was wondering y'all's thoughts.
The princiPAL is your pal. With regards to the story, why the hell would a kid put paper towels in a toilet? Was regular toilet paper too thin for him?

Old 02-18-2009, 06:17 AM

987 posts, read 3,817,383 times
This is Kindergarten and the teacher called the principle? Is this the new zero tolerance policy in action?

Kids at this age are just barely toilet trained. They're OK when it's a routine pit stop, but if something goes slightly amiss they need assistance.

Old 02-18-2009, 08:13 AM

10,244 posts, read 16,364,120 times
The potential punishment seems a little steep to me although what this principal did was outright stupid. As a principal he should know better.

Old 02-18-2009, 08:33 AM

989 posts, read 2,960,660 times
How hard is it to find a plunger and fix it?

Teacher - stupid idiot should call janitor not the principal
Principal - profoundly stupid to put this on a little kid when it is a common problem and easy to fix.

Parents are right to be concerned.

Old 02-18-2009, 09:17 AM

501 posts, read 1,945,175 times
As a parent of a 6-year-old, I believe they're fully aware of the basics. They may not be aware that paper towels are not very flushable. I'll give the boy that. But I don't buy anyone's excuse that the kid isn't competent in that department, especially when his parents say he has had no prior bathroom incidents.

However, how did the paper towels get into the stall? Did someone teach him to use paper towels instead of toilet paper? This is the most suspicious part of the situation and to me, is a flashing red light that the kid brought paper towels into the stall to cause mischief (unless of course someone taught him they were ok to use...).

I'm willing to cut the teacher a bit of slack...not because I think she's smart for calling the Principal for a clogged toilet instead of the janitor. I took it as though she called the Principal cause the kid was in trouble. You know, kids get sent to the Principal's office all the time. That's what teacher's do to kids who get on their nerves/they don't want to deal with. I'm assuming the teacher brought the Principal in to express the degree of the situation. It's the Principal who acted out of line by making the kid fish out the paper towels. Take away his recess maybe, call his parents maybe, but not that.

Old 03-05-2009, 11:54 PM

13 posts, read 44,823 times
Awful, He needs to be FIRED!
What would He have done had the Child plugged it up with Stool?

Old 03-06-2009, 04:46 PM

1 posts, read 3,450 times
I am a parent in this school the "incident" happened at. The paper towels are not located where the restroom is. They are outside the stall room in the hand washing area. The 6 year old took the towels in with him. No one is really talking about this at the school cuz principal is on suspension till further notice. We now have an interim principal. 6 year old should know better and principal is getting what he deserves for his part.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota