Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2006, 03:03 PM

156 posts, read 792,413 times

Advertisements

We are seriously considering moving back to MN in the summer of '07 rather than waiting until '08 for a number of reasons. In case our home in AL does not sell right away we want to know what our rental options are. Are there any decent homes or apartments (3 BR) for rent in the Eagan or Rosemount area? How much should we expect to pay for a rental per month and are the leases generally 1 year or are there options for month-to-month in a situation where we're waiting for a house to sell? Thanks in advance for your help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2006, 05:15 PM

20,793 posts, read 61,314,203 times
I haven't looked into rentals around here at all but the newspaper is called the Rosemount Town Pages. My GUESS would be a 3 bedroom place in a nicer complex is going to be $1200. I saw one listed in Inver Grove Heights, not far from here, that is a 2500 sq foot 3 bedroom w/fireplace for $1500. There are a lot of townhomes around here but I don't know about rentals. Eagan will have quite a few rentals, but finding 3 bedrooms will be difficult. Actually your best bet is to keep an eye on the Minneapolis Star Tribune or the Saint Paul Pioneer Press online, usually on the weekends, Sunday especially.

Ok, I did a quick search in the Star Tribune and there were some that I know where they are an on the outside they are pretty nice looking for $1175/mo for a 3 bedroom townhome.

As far as leases, usually they ask for a year but it would depend on the situation. I know that there is a house in our neighborhood that has been for sale and now I see they have a for rent sign up. I don't know the situation but my guess is that you could probably get a short term deal on something like that. Often real estate agents have some contacts that way for finding short term rentals in homes that are for sale but vacant.

Old 09-26-2006, 07:58 PM

156 posts, read 792,413 times
Thanks golfgal. The prices are doable. We'd rather rent a home so I'll keep the idea of working with a real estate agent in mind if we go that route. You mentioned that all schools in MN have open enrollment in another post. Do most kids get into the school of their choice or are a number of kids turned away from schools that are considered more desirable (we're interested in ISD 196 but we may need more renting options and therefore consider renting outside that district)? Hopefully our house will sell in time and it will be a non-issue. We're just trying to cover our bases.

I hope we can make this work and get back to MN sooner rather than later. Any Minnesotan's that want a glimpse (and a good laugh) of what we deal with here in AL should go to the Alabama forum and read the "What's most appealing about living in AL?" thread. It is really SOMETHING!!!

Old 09-27-2006, 04:59 AM

20,793 posts, read 61,314,203 times
I know that for open enrollment the application process deadline is in January. I really don't know how it works if you are moving from out of state. I would call the district office and get that information soon 651-423-7640 to get information. I know they have an open enrollment form on the district website but there might be something different to do if you are moving from out of state. You MAY have to have a residence in Minnesota before you can open enroll but I don't know for sure.

As far as acceptance, it all depends on how full the schools are. They usually won't add staff to accommodate open enrollment but I don't think any of the schools are full here. I know when we moved we had to have a signed purchase agreement before we could enroll our kids in the schools.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota