Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How is Minnesota Living?
MN is a great state to live! 33 56.90%
It is all right with its own pros and cons. 21 36.21%
I hate living in this state! 4 6.90%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2012, 12:49 AM

105 posts, read 478,166 times

Advertisements

Do you enjoy living in MN? Why or why not?

What are the pros and cons if MN is all right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2012, 06:58 AM

5,831 posts, read 7,716,900 times
There are a number of threads out here on this theme. This is redundant.

Old 07-29-2012, 06:43 PM

6,512 posts, read 7,553,945 times
Even though I don't live there now, I love it.

It's the best state in the union!

Old 07-29-2012, 08:33 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,512,862 times
I love Minnesota along with Wisconsin and Michigan, love winter weather and the scenery

Old 07-29-2012, 08:39 PM

Location: Moved to Gladstone, MO in June 2022 and back to Minnesota in September 2022
2,072 posts, read 5,065,720 times
Meh, there is a lot of threads on this already, but anyways...

I like living here, it's not perfect, but what place is? It's the only state i've lived in so I have nothing to compare it to.

Old 07-29-2012, 09:02 PM

11,334 posts, read 26,096,346 times
I would much rather be in Minnesota than down here in Georgia, but that isn't the direction my career led me. Maybe some day I can return. I hope so...

Old 07-29-2012, 09:15 PM

865 posts, read 2,502,716 times
When I was in college at Concordia in Moorhead, I wasn't too fond of MN - not enough to do. Now that I'm much older, I appreciate the people and would love the opportunity to live in Duluth. Plus I really miss the winters (seriously!)

Old 07-29-2012, 10:03 PM

According to the poll, there is no hate towards Minnesota. I'm surprised because I've met plenty who complains about living in MN. Most of them tend to be from either the Northeast or the West.

To be honest, I was not sure if I would like MN when I first moved to St. Paul from my home state Missouri in Summer 2010. Before I moved, I heard about "MN Nice"/fake people, unbearable winters, and high cost of living with weird accents as shown in the movie Fargo.

Now I know I absolutely love it here and I can't imagine moving anywhere else!

Minnesotans are surprisingly friendly. I must admit that it takes big effort to make friends but once you become friends, it's a lifelong friendship. It's quite the opposite for Missouri and the South in general. Although they are easy to make friends, it however is harder to make good friends. Maybe that's just me.

After one year, your body gets adjusted to the cold with proper wear and you can't beat the enjoyment of winter activities/sports.

Although the cost of living is higher than Missouri's, you really get what you paid for because of all great services and local pride you don't see in Missouri.

I haven't met anyone who has a weird accent like Fargo protrayed. It must be residents from rural Outside Minnesota in extreme northern part or near the Dakotas.

I am glad I made the decision not only for me but for my two children to start fresh in Minnesota after losing my husband in Afghanistan. I also would have never met my fiancee at church.

Old 07-29-2012, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcsteiner View Post
I would much rather be in Minnesota than down here in Georgia, but that isn't the direction my career led me. Maybe some day I can return. I hope so...
I don't blame you. Atlanta is great for college, parties, and shopping but not to live. Minnesota will always be here when you get ready to move back some day.

Old 07-29-2012, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roneb View Post
When I was in college at Concordia in Moorhead, I wasn't too fond of MN - not enough to do. Now that I'm much older, I appreciate the people and would love the opportunity to live in Duluth. Plus I really miss the winters (seriously!)
I felt that way about Columbia, Missouri while I was an undergraduate at the University of Missouri and I still do. Although it is a great college town, there isn't that much to do to keep me interested. I would never move back.

The size of Twin Cities is just perfect for me. It is not too small like Des Moines or too gigantic like Chicago or New York City. I also enjoy winters and its activities/sports.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota