Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How is Minnesota Living?
MN is a great state to live! 33 56.90%
It is all right with its own pros and cons. 21 36.21%
I hate living in this state! 4 6.90%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2013, 01:02 PM

4,176 posts, read 4,674,574 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
Huh? The Twin Cities contains the majority of the state's population, as well as the seat of government. It would be rather strange if 'most' of the state income tax was not spent there, now wouldn't it?

Beyond that, since Minnesota has a progressive income tax, and since not a single western prairie county has a per capita income as high as the statewide average, not only are the residents of the western prairies bearing only a small total amount of the state budgetary burden, they're also bearing a proportionally smaller per capita burden. As it should be - I'm not complaining about this, but merely pointing this out, in light of the fact that you clearly (and bizarrely) think the western prairie counties are somehow getting the short end of the stick in this regard.
And yet rural road projects are funded disproportionately high compared to metro-area roads. This is a problem in many states.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2013, 02:10 PM

32,944 posts, read 3,933,700 times
Cool Baby, it's cold outside...

I love living in Minnesota! I just got back from my walk. It's 4 below zero so I made it a short one of 20 minutes. Beautiful, sunny day and a lot of new snow to enjoy.

Old 12-06-2013, 05:34 PM

26,432 posts, read 46,638,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geebabe View Post
I love living in Minnesota! I just got back from my walk. It's 4 below zero so I made it a short one of 20 minutes. Beautiful, sunny day and a lot of new snow to enjoy.
Send the snow over to WI. None here at all!

Old 12-07-2013, 06:28 AM

37 posts, read 51,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emcee squared View Post
Even though I don't live there now, I love it.

It's the best state in the union!
I agree with you. Beautiful state !
Love the nature, woods and lakes and snow!
I dont live there now also but if I could I would!

Old 01-08-2014, 02:40 PM

7 posts, read 11,026 times
Unhappy Worst state in America

I have lived here for about 25 years so I now a great deal about MN. I just moved here from living in Sherman Oaks, CA. I lost my job and am now living with my Dad. While Sherman Oaks, CA has it's own problems. Id much rather live there than MN.

The weather: Cold does not begin to explain this arctic like weather. The summers are crazy humid because of all the lakes. The mosquitoes are bountiful in the summer and love the humid air and lakes.

The politics: They voted for a wrestler to be there governor. Home of Michelle Bauchman, the crazy conservative. Liberals love making new taxes here and MN is one of the highest in the nation for taxes.

Things to do: Not really much to do. Visit downtown St.Paul, The most boring city known to man. Awful restaurants and very few bars. The place is really a ghost town at night. Downtown Minneapolis is also the pits, the restaurants are boring in taste with nothing inspiring in new cuisine. The bars are a joke. Most of them are designed poorly and none of them offer anything exciting to do.

The jobs: What jobs? Most jobs I see are minimum wage jobs that go to minorities. That's a fact! The jobs are scattered all over the place, so if you don't drive, good luck getting one.

The sports: Vikings are a joke. Their players are constantly getting into trouble. They hire the worst quarterbacks and coaches. The Twins team is one of the better teams they have but always breakdown during playoffs. The Wild are ok. The Timberwolves suck and are hard to watch. I watch in amazement how dedicated Minnesotans are to their lame sports teams. Why don't they like other teams outside the state?

The people: This is one of the reasons I wanna get out of here. They are close minded, unsociable like a bunch of high school kids staying in their own click, lol. They don't like making new friends from strangers they run into at bars or coffee shops. The singles seen is a joke! Women here are very different from other states. They stay in their own social bubbles and never come out of them. No one is fun here! They all walk around with doom and gloom on their faces. Go to the meetup website for MN. They have very little singles events or any events going on. They don't like meeting new outsiders that are not from here or part of their social bubble. It must be the cold temps,lol.

I have traveled all over America and outside of it. Minnesota is a state id never live in given the choice. I love warm weather and warm people. I love the ocean and mountains. I love meeting new people. i love new exciting places and activities. Minnesota lacks or does not offer this. The people in MN are much colder than the weather. FACT!

Old 01-08-2014, 02:48 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,091,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rometheworld View Post
I have lived here for about 25 years so I now a great deal about MN. I just moved here from living in Sherman Oaks, CA. I lost my job and am now living with my Dad. While Sherman Oaks, CA has it's own problems. Id much rather live there than MN.

The weather: Cold does not begin to explain this arctic like weather. The summers are crazy humid because of all the lakes. The mosquitoes are bountiful in the summer and love the humid air and lakes.

The politics: They voted for a wrestler to be there governor. Home of Michelle Bauchman, the crazy conservative. Liberals love making new taxes here and MN is one of the highest in the nation for taxes.

Things to do: Not really much to do. Visit downtown St.Paul, The most boring city known to man. Awful restaurants and very few bars. The place is really a ghost town at night. Downtown Minneapolis is also the pits, the restaurants are boring in taste with nothing inspiring in new cuisine. The bars are a joke. Most of them are designed poorly and none of them offer anything exciting to do.

The jobs: What jobs? Most jobs I see are minimum wage jobs that go to minorities. That's a fact! The jobs are scattered all over the place, so if you don't drive, good luck getting one.

The sports: Vikings are a joke. Their players are constantly getting into trouble. They hire the worst quarterbacks and coaches. The Twins team is one of the better teams they have but always breakdown during playoffs. The Wild are ok. The Timberwolves suck and are hard to watch. I watch in amazement how dedicated Minnesotans are to their lame sports teams. Why don't they like other teams outside the state?

The people: This is one of the reasons I wanna get out of here. They are close minded, unsociable like a bunch of high school kids staying in their own click, lol. They don't like making new friends from strangers they run into at bars or coffee shops. The singles seen is a joke! Women here are very different from other states. They stay in their own social bubbles and never come out of them. No one is fun here! They all walk around with doom and gloom on their faces. Go to the meetup website for MN. They have very little singles events or any events going on. They don't like meeting new outsiders that are not from here or part of their social bubble. It must be the cold temps,lol.

I have traveled all over America and outside of it. Minnesota is a state id never live in given the choice. I love warm weather and warm people. I love the ocean and mountains. I love meeting new people. i love new exciting places and activities. Minnesota lacks or does not offer this. The people in MN are much colder than the weather. FACT!
I'm assuming you must at least be pretty impressed by the educational opportunities you apparently missed out on here, can we count you as: "It is all right with its own pros and cons"?

Old 01-08-2014, 03:01 PM

2,860 posts, read 3,390,206 times
Quote:

Oh dear.

Old 01-08-2014, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
I'm assuming you must at least be pretty impressed by the educational opportunities you apparently missed out on here, can we count you as: "It is all right with its own pros and cons"?
Not impressed with the education here either. Going to college is one of the biggest scams in America. Look at all the students in debt working at minimum wage jobs. I rather learn about life and be self taught than go into debt attending college.

Old 01-08-2014, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Govie View Post
Oh dear.

Oh dear is right. I lived on the East side of St.Paul for 25 years. No jobs and very little to do in the area. The crime is pretty bad also. Had tons of cops over by my house two days ago. They were looking for bullets. That's just one of the incidents you wont find on the news. The bars and restaurants are a joke on the eastside.

Old 01-08-2014, 04:30 PM

2,860 posts, read 3,390,206 times
Quote:
Oh dear is right. I lived on the East side of St.Paul for 25 years. No jobs and very little to do in the area. The crime is pretty bad also. Had tons of cops over by my house two days ago. They were looking for bullets. That's just one of the incidents you wont find on the news. The bars and restaurants are a joke on the eastside.
If I recall correctly a certain Fortune 500 company (3M) was planted right smack dab in the middle of the East Side up until only recently - now only a skip away in Maplewood.

It's gotten worse no doubt but only because Chicago cockroaches have flooded the East Side in the last couple decades.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota