Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2008, 09:43 AM

8 posts, read 28,527 times

Advertisements

Hi, new user here. In a few months, I will be taking a job in Brooklyn Park. My question is, should I live in that city, and are there any suggestions of where to live (1 bdrm or studio)? Are there other places, such as in the cities, that are nice and are an easy commute to Brooklyn Park?
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2008, 03:22 PM

i have searched through the forums and have not found an answer. Where would be a good town/area to live with a fairly easy communte if not in Brooklyn Park?
thanks!

Old 05-19-2008, 03:35 PM

2,654 posts, read 5,770,756 times
I work around Brooklyn Park and my commute is from north Minneapolis. Generally its 15 minutes with little traffic.

Brooklyn Park isnt bad. It depends on what you're looking for.

Old 05-19-2008, 08:41 PM

572 posts, read 1,301,011 times
I'm a former resident, my parents still live there, anything north and west of 85th is good near Edinburgh Golf Course. Closer to Coon Rapids/252 is OK. The farther away from the apartments the better. My parents live off of Regent, and they have had 4-5 breakins in the neighborhood since New Years... If you want to avoid Brooklyn Park altogether, I would go west to Maple Grove/Andover area, although those areas are pricey. Otherwise, N. Minneapolis is nice, but you do have to be selective there too, I like the Lake of Isles area is nice.

Old 05-19-2008, 08:53 PM

has anyone ever heard of the stone arch apartments? opinions?

Old 05-19-2008, 09:24 PM

1,289 posts, read 2,129,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyOrder View Post
has anyone ever heard of the stone arch apartments? opinions?
The Stone Arch Apartments are near the north end of the Stone Arch Bridge, a highly desirable area for walking, jogging and practically on the riverfront. These are on the N.E. side of downtown Minneapolis. Brooklyn Center would be a 15-20 minute commute, but it would be a "reverse" commute, generally going contrary to the heaviest traffic.

Advantage? You are just across the river from downtown Minneapolis and all of the shopping and nightlife it offers. Personally I love the area around the Stone Arch Apartments. It's on the edge of one of the hottest neighborhoods near downtown. You can walk across the bridge to the world-renowned Guthrie Theater, and it's ground zero for some of the best fireworks displays that the city often puts on.

One caveat: This complex is across from a metal manufacturer, one of the last industries still left in that part of town. It's days are numbered, but it might be a few years before they move. I'd take an apartment on the southwest side of the complex, facing the river.

Again, this is a personal opinion, but I would not live in Brooklyn Center. It's indistinguishable from hundreds of other suburbs and it offers nothing unique. But it all depends on your lifestyle. If you are content eating at Applebee's and shopping at Old Navy, then it's fine. If you want a little more spice in your life, look elsewhere!

Old 05-19-2008, 09:51 PM

2,654 posts, read 5,770,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astron1000 View Post
Again, this is a personal opinion, but I would not live in Brooklyn Center. It's indistinguishable from hundreds of other suburbs and it offers nothing unique. But it all depends on your lifestyle. If you are content eating at Applebee's and shopping at Old Navy, then it's fine. If you want a little more spice in your life, look elsewhere!
Its distinguishable in the fact that its an older 'burb so there is some older construction and history to it. Some of the older suburbs have a certain charm to them...generally the inner ring ones that pretty much directly connect to Minneapolis.

The lifestyle is pretty dull though...not much going on in Brooklyn Park as far as entertainment or a nightlife.

Old 05-19-2008, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astron1000 View Post
The Stone Arch Apartments are near the north end of the Stone Arch Bridge, a highly desirable area for walking, jogging and practically on the riverfront. These are on the N.E. side of downtown Minneapolis. Brooklyn Center would be a 15-20 minute commute, but it would be a "reverse" commute, generally going contrary to the heaviest traffic.

Advantage? You are just across the river from downtown Minneapolis and all of the shopping and nightlife it offers. Personally I love the area around the Stone Arch Apartments. It's on the edge of one of the hottest neighborhoods near downtown. You can walk across the bridge to the world-renowned Guthrie Theater, and it's ground zero for some of the best fireworks displays that the city often puts on.

One caveat: This complex is across from a metal manufacturer, one of the last industries still left in that part of town. It's days are numbered, but it might be a few years before they move. I'd take an apartment on the southwest side of the complex, facing the river.

when you talk about the commute, do you mean in rush hour traffic?

Old 05-20-2008, 10:55 AM

and has anyone heard of the st. anthony mills apartments, i know they are new and couldnt find any reviews of them

Old 08-31-2009, 06:19 PM

10 posts, read 34,264 times
Default stonybrook

you could try for Stonybrook Condos. bus is on 85th. some of the units are foreclosed on. so you could try to first rent in one unit. then try to buy a forclosed unit.
place is between zane and broadway. close to the community college.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul