Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2014, 08:21 PM

34 posts, read 42,352 times

Advertisements

Hi. I moved to Lakeville last May and am currently renting, and paying too much so I have decided to buy. I am working with a realtor and have been looking at homes. today I looked at a home in Eagan at 3841 Princeton Circle. It is near the intersection of Lexington and Wescot rd. the backyard is about 1 block from lexington. The backyard is bordered with trees and it is on a cup de sac. Very nice home and am very interested in purchasing it. CAn anyone lend and insight to the area. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2014, 09:31 PM

1,107 posts, read 2,281,286 times
Seems like a nice area to me. I have only been in Eagan 4 months. Hilly and lots of trees. Personally, though, if I were you, I would not put your future address on the internet.

Old 03-04-2014, 04:11 AM

20,793 posts, read 61,355,946 times
The Lexington/Wescott area is nice. It's one of "the" places to live, zoned for Eagan High School, convenient to shopping, 35, etc. We have friends in that general area and they love it.

Old 03-06-2014, 06:47 AM

53 posts, read 90,709 times
lynneph: Nice looking house. If you have kids then you will want school district 196, which the house mentioned is in, as their resources are far greater than district 197 especially if you have a GT or other kid who desires special needs or special interests.
The commute is not bad from this part of the cities. There is even bus service to Saint Paul and Minneapolis and the buses come close to that house.

If I may say, I just concluded house shopping and I was looking at many houses in Eagan, 269K seems over priced for 3 beds and 2 baths. Note: I have Not walked through this house so I am not talking with full knowledge here. There are nice houses in the 230K range, in that part of Eagan, and banged up ones in the 200K, or less, range that come up from time to time.

Old 03-06-2014, 01:51 PM

1,258 posts, read 2,450,517 times
Eagan is the best city in MN. You can't go wrong.

Old 03-06-2014, 04:16 PM

This house backs up to Lexington but seems to have a big enough back yard edged with trees. How busy is Lexington? The lot size is 0.4 acres making it a pretty nice sized back yard. Thanks

Old 03-06-2014, 04:24 PM

20,793 posts, read 61,355,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lynneph View Post
This house backs up to Lexington but seems to have a big enough back yard edged with trees. How busy is Lexington? The lot size is 0.4 acres making it a pretty nice sized back yard. Thanks
Lexington is pretty busy--not freeway busy, but busy enough that unless the house was a steal or it's your ultimate dream home, I'd look elsewhere. You may be fine living there but resale might be a killer.

Old 03-06-2014, 04:36 PM

THanks Golfgal. I appreciate your honey opinions.

Old 03-10-2014, 11:43 AM

464 posts, read 804,288 times
It's definitely a nice part of Eagan (I live in Eagan as well, but in a different neighborhood). It looks like the backyard is very well-screened with trees and the wooden fence, plus the bike/walking path provides a bit of a buffer too. There will be noise, yes, but probably not much more than you would have in other houses nearby. It's probably still worth checking out, though I agree that $269K would be a bit much for it.

Old 03-12-2014, 01:36 PM

3,715 posts, read 3,714,751 times
I grew up a half mile east of this intersection down Wescott. This is a fabulous area. It's close to the schools, still fairly close to the highway (5 mins to 35E north), yet from a neighborhood perspective, it's very quiet. Having lived in/spent a lot of time in all the south of the river burbs' I can say that Eagan is extremely quiet/family friendly. All of them really are, but I'm just making that point that if your 28 without kids, Eagan doesn't "come alive" at night/on the weekends. It really shines as the area you want to live in if you have kids, like great schools, and gravitate towards the local high school activities. Hope this helps!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul