Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2017, 10:40 AM

8,085 posts, read 5,249,640 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millstone 22 View Post
You shouldn't judge everyone there are reasons and life happens like to me trying to trust ppl and got screwed over and now I'm trying to clear my good name so that left me and my family homeless I'm Avery good person and don't deserve this I need a good place for me and my family which I sleep in my car it's cold sometimes I don't eat to feed my family first so ya we need a safe place to stay yes we have income but I wont let no one take advantage of us because of what we been though no I won't pay no extra because your scared I may leave thats bs I need a place why would I I never wanted to leave my home who wants to be homeless no one it's awful we need a other chance to get things rt a 2-bedroom 2-bathroom with washer and dryer in the unit safe place no rats not run down no roaches or nasty I would stand or sit for that with a attached garbage good price no app fee or administration fee no credit check or criminal record for real I just need to. Start over if someone has any heart pls let me know. Millsmillion2015@gmail.com

Homeless but I need 2 baths, washer & dryer with a garage and no fees!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2017, 09:36 PM

810 posts, read 852,020 times
I think you should look for a room to rent. They technically cannot deny you because you have a kid.

I have broken leases in the past never had any repercussions and was always able to find another place. Mostly that was why I left we couldn't afford it because of jobs or whatever. This was at least 20 years ago. The place I am in now we have lived here for over 11 years and 9 + years in the previous place.
I want to move and if I can convince hubby we are out of here and I really don't care. it is owned by a corporate greedy wench of a woman and I have asked to have my walls painted many times but the manager always has an excuse. After 11 years I do not think I am asking for much. I asked him to do a few walls at a time. So last summer when they did their yearly inspection to check smoke detectors she was with him and afterwards he called and told me to let him know when I wanted the all painted. He made it sound like he was hiring an outside contractor not the guys that do maintenance and they would do the entire apartment. That will NOT work for me as I am not moving all my furniture to the middle of each room so they can paint and now it is fall so forget it. Yes they have a penalty if we break our lease however if we move because of his job how can they ding us for that? Yesterday they sent us a letter telling us we can lock in our rent if extend our lease. No way it's because they are leaking tenants. they keep increasing rent, and they have NO amenities. Only reason we have stayed is my spouse hates moving.

Old 11-07-2017, 08:05 AM

264 posts, read 313,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeygirl063 View Post
...Yes they have a penalty if we break our lease however if we move because of his job how can they ding us for that?.
One way breaking a lease can be problematic is this: when one applies for a new place, the rental management may call the previous landlord to verify lease compliance. If the answer is - tenants broke the lease - the new place may not agree to rent to these tenants.

Old 11-07-2017, 01:31 PM

810 posts, read 852,020 times
yes that is true. I was just saying I have broken many leases over the years and never had an issue but I think it is more of a problem now and just a few broken leases and make or break a landlord :-)

Old 12-12-2017, 11:33 AM

1 posts, read 1,836 times
It really does suck in the state of MN.

Last year, our "slumlord" told us we had until Aug 3rd, then on the same day he told us that (Jul 26th) he went and filed an eviction anyways - Long story short we showed the Judge his email where he clearly said one thing and then did another and the eviction was dismissed.

Fast forward to now 2017, our current landlord (as we moved from that last place which was our home of 5 yrs) altered one of my rent checks in July 2017 and I am seeking justice because of that. Well I wouldn't hand her a check anymore so delt with cash and had her sign receipts. Three months went by, Oct pops up and I find out that our electricity is getting shut off because of a balance over $800.00 (in our lease the landlord is responsible for utilities, which from day 1 she never paid) so we paid the electric bill, even fixed the furnace because she refused to answer us. I told her I'm not paying Nov because I had to pay out for the electric bill (that I also found out was also tied to her own home, so I paid for her electricity too) Because of the police seeking her out over what she did to my check she decided to retaliate and say we NEVER paid her cash in Aug, Sept & Oct and tried including Nov.

However this most recent isn't even on our record yet and she technically got paid as we decided to put what she claims we hadn't paid in escrow with the court, and the court gave it to her, AND they decided to tell us we have to leave (even knowing we only have 2 months in our lease left). I plan on appealing this most recent as I feel the Judge made a mistake, my husband forgot my papers showing where the money I paid her in cash came from ...

But now my issue is this stupid DISMISSED eviction from a year ago. I'll probably have to seek an expungement because I'm trying to buy a mobile home out right, but now the Park the home sits in won't let me in.

I have a disabled husband who can't work much less help me move. I have a 3 yr old, 16 & 15 yr old ... And my family is going to be homeless for Christmas.

What needs to stop is landlords frivolously filing evictions and messing people's lives up. I really don't care if I and my husband lived in our car, it's my kids lives that are being traumatized.

Sometimes it's NOT the tenant, sometimes it's really ****ty people playing make-believe landlord when really they have no idea what they are doing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul