Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2014, 06:59 AM

1 posts, read 2,993 times

Advertisements

I am a grand mother, who've lived with my daughter after I had a major transplant, was planning to go back to my job, a month before I was released to return to work, HR called me and informed me the company was moving to a location to far out for me to go, I was offered a severence pay for 7 weeks, after my short term was completed. Needless to say during the move, my short term was delayed, it took me 2 1/2 months to get the pay, I was evicted from my apartment, and had to move in with my daughter. I tried to move into my own place, the property manager gave me a lecture and treated me like dirt. Says he doesn't rent to people that doesn't pay their bills. I tried everything in my power to get my pay, even my severence to avoid getting evicted. I was using my 401k while I was on medical leave. After my first attempt, I've not tried to get another apartment. My point, some situations are not what they appear, and before you black ball the applicant, find out the reason for the misfortune. Everything isn't black and white.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2014, 07:15 PM

1 posts, read 2,932 times
Well, my Ud's are from my family buying a house and was told we didn't have to pay the rent for we would be moving out in seven days, and the other a co-signer and I knew nothing of it wow a kick in the head far as my money of 3800 has not made its way back to my hand sued and all and can't rent here after for no one listens just see or here you have a UD and from that reason oh hell no I want rent to her. I been in a shelter for six months due to this mess and of UD. Can't be given a chance, not to mention the shelter not helping me.. Signed a person on a waiting list for a program the don't exist..

Old 05-16-2014, 06:41 PM

1 posts, read 2,781 times
i understand exactully what you mean in 2011 that happened to me as well but i also got laidoff my job and even though taxes came around i tired to pay it off on my last day they wouldnt take the money and i had all of it and including 3 months of rent ahead smh.. so right now its hard for me to find a place for me and my daugther ...and plus im still doing back payments for the ud to go away and still cant quailify for a apartment unless its in north mpls ugh

Old 09-02-2015, 02:02 PM

1 posts, read 2,271 times
I have an eviction also from last year, and my landlord never had issues with me leaving infact I left the day before I was supposed to be out, and I still got an eviction, and they charged me rediculous fees. I was left without anyone to help me move the furniture and my belongings out, so I left most of them. I had no choice, I couldnt do it myself. My eviction was mostly my fault, I was on a program to help pay rent and I didnt follow the rules. I own that. But I dont deserve, or anyone else for that, to live the rest of my life without a home and my child! I want to make it right, so Im working on paying them and getting it off my record, in the mean time im looking for housing and no luck, yes things are not black and white thats true. Does anyone know of any landlords that have property in dakota county that take ppl with an eviction?

Old 09-03-2015, 12:26 PM

34 posts, read 50,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnAFewWaitingList View Post
I been in a shelter for six months...

...not to mention the shelter not helping me
er...

Old 09-04-2015, 06:26 AM

5,831 posts, read 7,709,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by demtion35 View Post
That's a good thing to expect payment its a business.
So you don't understand that landlords are running a business?

Old 10-15-2015, 12:22 AM

1 posts, read 2,122 times
It doesn't make you a bad person to expect payment. I totally understand the concept of that, but Inot my opinion I think a tenant should be judge by there ability and willingness to pay there rent. I am living in a homeless shelter cause of it. But always remember that there is always two sides to a story. The last time I moved I tried my hardest to do it the right way. But cause of the choices the management company made it put me in the position to have no choice but to get evicted. I put in a 30 day notice thinking I had the place to in the end get turned down. I put in a cancelation of my 30 day notice and was turned down 10 days before the end of the month in which the ending result was me not having enough time to find a place. So I ended up unfortunately having to stay there longer than I wanted to so I got served papers but but moved out a couple of days later.

Old 10-15-2015, 10:31 AM

264 posts, read 313,889 times
With a double deposit (2 month rent total), I would rent to tenants with a single UD.

Old 08-16-2016, 12:43 AM

1 posts, read 1,827 times
I can get my own apartment because someone stole my identity and it's not my fault I even have a police report no apartment complex accepts me.

Old 09-16-2016, 11:38 AM

1 posts, read 1,721 times
Default tenant looking for a 2nd chance

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillWallace View Post
I have rental properties too.

Besides the multiple months of prepayment (mentioned above) one other possible option could be to get a co-signer. Do you have a parent or relative that would financially guarantee payment?

Hello Bill:

I am currently looking for a two bdrm apt, for myself and my daughter, yes I have an eviction, I lost my job in 2009, my apt complex let me stay paying what I could, til the end of my lease. then I started working temp positions, which I did until I got my FT permanent position this past May, I also work a 2nd job nights and weekends.

I just want a chance to show a landlord that I'm a good tenant. so if you have any properties in the St. Paul, MN area I would really appreciate your contacting me. I currently live in Mpls and work in St. Paul, MN and would like to live closer to my job.

My phone is 612-407-2420, my hours are all over the place, so please feel free to call and leave a message.

thank you
Judy Smith
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul