Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2012, 02:10 PM

464 posts, read 804,288 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pisces69 View Post
What is this south loop area?
Very roughly, it's the area bordered by 494 to the north, the MOA area to the west, and the river to the south and east. At one time there was a plan to put it a lot more housing and shopping that would cater to the residents of the area. I'm not really sure what the current status is, but like a lot of suburban redevelopment efforts from the previous decade, there hasn't been a lot of progress yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2012, 08:18 AM

302 posts, read 727,861 times
I moved from the north metro to Bloomington and love it. I live just east of 35W (so technically "east Bloomington" but very far south - so bigger lots, quieter neighborhoods, rolling hills - NOT like the area around MOA (which is why the east side has the more negative reputation).

It's conveniently located to everything. The western suburbs (Edina, SLP) are an easy drive. I work in downtown Minneapolis and it takes me 15 minutes to get downtown in no traffic and typically 25 - 30 min during rush hour (and again, I'm way south near the Minnesota River). I was against Bloomington too when I started looking at single family homes and was pleasantly surprised. Tons of parks, homes have more character than the cookie cutter homes of Eden Prairie, Eagan - and anything basically south of the river! Plus the city is doing a lot with the east half.

Give Bloominton a shot....check out the neighborhoods and homes. I don't think you'll be disappointed!

Old 09-29-2012, 05:49 PM

1,936 posts, read 5,839,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yakimono View Post
Please stop hijacking the thread. I would be interested to read if you have any comments/input about the issues raised in the original post.
I'm cool- I generally don't spend time writing informative posts to newbies that come onto the forum (generally without having used the search function at all) spouting a self-righteous attitude and expecting everyone to go out of their way to respond to their trivial requests, as if it's people's jobs to tell you about Bloomington.

Old 04-21-2013, 08:09 PM

10 posts, read 7,492 times
I live on the east side of Bloomington around 86th street, and my neighborhood is very safe and very wealthy people, they have boats and expensive cars, they take care of lawn and garden. east Bloomington is s really nice area with nice homes. I think from 86 down to the river is a nice area. But the apartments near the mall are better than Minneapolis and rich field . And for Kennedy high school IRS a great school with good teachers but there are some bad kids. Overall I will rate bloomington a 8.5

Old 04-21-2013, 10:26 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,102,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonperez View Post
I live on the east side of Bloomington around 86th street, and my neighborhood is very safe and very wealthy people, they have boats and expensive cars, they take care of lawn and garden. east Bloomington is s really nice area with nice homes. I think from 86 down to the river is a nice area. But the apartments near the mall are better than Minneapolis and rich field . And for Kennedy high school IRS a great school with good teachers but there are some bad kids. Overall I will rate bloomington a 8.5
Hey! Hey! We got the Blue & Gold Power! Hey! Hey!

Golden Eagles, Show them your might!
We will never give up the fight!
Score, score for JFK
Fighting Eagles let's win this game!

V-I-C-T-O-R-Y
Let's boost that Eagle score
K-E-N-N-E-D-Y
Let's see the Eagles soar!
Fight! Fight! Fight!

Old 04-24-2013, 08:32 PM

I live on east side of bloomington about 3miles or more from moa and my neighborhood is very nice and clean with tall tress and nice lawns. It more bad by the water park of america .

Old 04-25-2013, 12:05 AM

413 posts, read 765,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferr0052 View Post
West Bloomington is a really nice area. It's older--so its comparable to Minnetonka and Golden Valley as far as housing stock goes. Most people either LOVE West bloomington for their houses -- or hate West Bloomington for the houses.
East Bloomington is going to be mostly lower to middle class houses from the 1960's. West Bloomington is going to be a lot of nicer homes built in the 70's and 80's. Minnetonka is a very good comparison in both regards, only with less of a defining line. The only thing I would say is that a lot of the houses that were pretty high end in the late 70's and early 80's are to the point where they might need significant maintenance and upgrades (roofs, windows, HVAC, not to mention cosmetic stuff). It totally depends on the previous owner(s) and how they took care of the house. I would definitely look in West Bloomington, as I really like the neighborhoods there, but just make sure you inspect the house carefully.

Old 04-25-2013, 06:11 AM

318 posts, read 567,612 times
Ever go into the Walmart in East Bloomington? It is not the Minnesota I remember. If you saw a white person there it would be rare!

Old 04-25-2013, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Spock View Post
Ever go into the Walmart in East Bloomington? It is not the Minnesota I remember. If you saw a white person there it would be rare!
Very true about Walmart in bloomington I go to cub foods and target. Love my cub.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul